We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

My reaction when...

I get rejected from a group because the leader wants a class that can AoE and interrupt.

https://giphy.com/gifs/conspiracy-cl...-svb8tKSIpGfHq

Not going to lie I'm a little tilted, but I mostly have a "what" feeling right now lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    I get rejected from a group because the leader wants a class that can AoE and interrupt.

https://giphy.com/gifs/conspiracy-cl...-svb8tKSIpGfHq

Not going to lie I'm a little tilted, but I mostly have a "what" feeling right now lmao.
    Since I have a small warden now around lvl 45 I noticed they had access to ranged interrupts, which makes them very nice for 4th boss anvil. The fight was about survival and management, so I asked the warden in our raid to go assailment and interrupt them on distance. I assume this is also handy for other situations like KK second and 3th boss encounter for interrupts.

Dont get why ppl throw wardens out so quickly. But ehh I can understand if u have a valar warden in ur grp, they mostly lack in experience and knowledge around the class just like captains. Hence why I decided to level one and take little breaks from leveling just to evaluate all my skills and try figuring out the most efficient way of building the gambits and order of them
    WhiteGoliath

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    Dont get why ppl throw wardens out so quickly. But ehh I can understand if u have a valar warden in ur grp, they mostly lack in experience and knowledge around the class just like captains. Hence why I decided to level one and take little breaks from leveling just to evaluate all my skills and try figuring out the most efficient way of building the gambits and order of them

well if i get a random warden from world chat in my group, i would also be skeptical at first, regardless equip, kinship, main or twink... the skill cap of the warden class is just so damn high, that only a few on the whole server might reach it.

the difference between good and bad RKs, hunters and burglars is way less, than of wardens and also champions... you simply know what you get with the other 3 dps classes ^^
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Bandit0s // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

Access to ranged interrupt is nice, but it has some limitations, because interrupting with ranged gambits isn't easy like using Piercing Cry on minstrel. Warden interrupts are hard to use reactively, building interrupt gambit with javelin gambit builders is very slow, your spear shield mastery builder will be most likely on cooldown during combat, so you will not be able to build interrupt gambit in time. You can store your ranged interrupt gambit into Battle Memory, in case to get fast ranged interrupt skill, but you have to know, when induction starts and you have to start building your interrupt skill almost 20s before induction happens. You have to build 11, 22 or 33 gambit to get potency effect, then you have to switch to Assailment stance, then you can build interrupt gambit (12, 121 or 1212) and store it to Battle Memory, then you have to wait 10s, before you use gambit from Battle Memory, because interrupt effect on gambit has 10s internal cooldown. Don't forget to use your ranged interrupt gambit as fast as you can, because it takes some time till javelin land hit and do interrupt.
    Warden is pro-active class, where you have to do things to counter some effects well in advance.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Since I have a small warden now around lvl 45 I noticed they had access to ranged interrupts, which makes them very nice for 4th boss anvil. The fight was about survival and management, so I asked the warden in our raid to go assailment and interrupt them on distance. I assume this is also handy for other situations like KK second and 3th boss encounter for interrupts.

As people said before. . . Wardens are not reliable for interrupting unless it's a timed interrupting that you know exactly when it's coming because reactive interrupts on warden take at least 2-3 s which is longer than most inductions. Also warden is a really busy class on all roles so you just can't wait with interrupts loaded without losing all damage.

About wardens not desired.. . Good kins always bring one warden for all raids and most 6 man but it's always a warden they know. Rule#1: never pug a warden, best case scenario it will underperform all other dps classes, worst case scenario it will be outdpsed by red captains. So much risk compared to just bringing a rk. Warden doesn't necessarily have a really difficult skill gap cause you don't need to react to any internal mechanics such as focus or procs but you need to have a good dps rotation with proper use of masteries to put all bleeds as well as good positioning and old set bonus with swap non LI for dps. If you see a red warden without +3 pulses you may as well bring another yellow burg and it will out parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    As people said before. . . Wardens are not reliable for interrupting unless it's a timed interrupting that you know exactly when it's coming because reactive interrupts on warden take at least 2-3 s which is longer than most inductions. Also warden is a really busy class on all roles so you just can't wait with interrupts loaded without losing all damage.

About wardens not desired.. . Good kins always bring one warden for all raids and most 6 man but it's always a warden they know. Rule#1: never pug a warden, best case scenario it will underperform all other dps classes, worst case scenario it will be outdpsed by red captains. So much risk compared to just bringing a rk. Warden doesn't necessarily have a really difficult skill gap cause you don't need to react to any internal mechanics such as focus or procs but you need to have a good dps rotation with proper use of masteries to put all bleeds as well as good positioning and old set bonus with swap non LI for dps. If you see a red warden without +3 pulses you may as well bring another yellow burg and it will out parse.
    I dont think you need to explain me this, I'm not completely oblivious to how the class works even tho my warden is lv50 now
    but ty for the advice, much appreciated

again, in raid during last boss anvil, warden is useful, because it can time its interrupts perfectly with the drakes
    Last edited by Zaheer; Oct 28 2019 at 09:42 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

again, in raid during last boss anvil, warden is useful, because it can time its interrupts perfectly with the drakes
    Yes, for drakes in anvil 4th boss, warden can effectively interrupt it, at least the first interrupt, because they are timed.