We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Virtue points need to be able to be reset.

The new virtue system is okay for the most part but I think virtue points should be able to be reset. The new system would be so much better if we could reset virtue points as we see fit. If I have a virtue that I don't have equipped because I don't use it or want to equip it, I should be able to reset the points earned on it and give those points to other virtues I want to equip. I know all virtues give a passive bonus but this option would still be quite beneficial as I could then pick a virtue, reset its points, and choose another virtue to put those points into. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    The new virtue system is okay for the most part but I think virtue points should be able to be reset. The new system would be so much better if we could reset virtue points as we see fit. If I have a virtue that I don't have equipped because I don't use it or want to equip it, I should be able to reset the points earned on it and give those points to other virtues I want to equip. I know all virtues give a passive bonus but this option would still be quite beneficial as I could then pick a virtue, reset its points, and choose another virtue to put those points into. Just a thought.
    I totally agree with you on this. I am astonished that this ability isn't already in the game. You would think that SSG would at least sell a scroll to allow the virtue points to be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragnosis View Post
    I totally agree with you on this. I am astonished that this ability isn't already in the game. You would think that SSG would at least sell a scroll to allow the virtue points to be reset.
    So anytime SSG want to generate some sales they can nerf a virtue or two under the umbrella of balance or stat adjustment. As they have done plenty of times with trait/legacy changes that might just warrant a legacy replacement scroll purchase. You could argue the unwieldy nature and unfairness of the new system is purely to generate a need for a saleable "fix" down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    So anytime SSG want to generate some sales they can nerf a virtue or two under the umbrella of balance or stat adjustment. As they have done plenty of times with trait/legacy changes that might just warrant a legacy replacement scroll purchase. You could argue the unwieldy nature and unfairness of the new system is purely to generate a need for a saleable "fix" down the line.
    Aren't we saying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragnosis View Post
    Aren't we saying the same thing?
    Yes but I didn't think you had sufficiently conveyed your disgust with the implementation, and the possible monetisation of the "fix".

Veterans who had already done much of the virtue work before U24 don't have any need for a virtue reset. We will soon have all we want on max and time enough to max the rest before any virtue choice requirements are "forced" on us. It's the new toon that is the prey for this deceit.

After release, I wasn't too keen on critizising the new system, before I could work it a bit, but now I'm of the opinion, the old system should be back.
    I don't want to leave an area early just because I need to gain a level or two in order the raise a virtue that is momentarily capped or live with the consequences of xp going into virtues I don't intend to raise yet or even ever.

For me, the only thing the new shiny system does is push you to level-cap as soon as possible, where I simply don't want to be for a long time given the content that is available.

I was thinking this last night. I would love to have this feature.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I agree with the OP. Even if it is a store item to reset. My lvl 106 has several virtues that are maxed or close to it that I don't use, and if the intent is flexibility then this would be great

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    A pool of points distributed as the player sees fit like the Trait trees that can be stored and held until the cap rises would have been better, but that wouldn't have allowed them to implement another grind that they will be able to monetize later.
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    A pool of points distributed as the player sees fit like the Trait trees that can be stored and held until the cap rises would have been better, but that wouldn't have allowed them to implement another grind that they will be able to monetize later.
    This is something I proposed in the Suggestions forum months ago. I really wish they'd done that.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval