We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Capped Virtues on Legendary Server

So, my Guardian on Anor is LVL 65 now and has now all his virtues capped.
    Yesterday completed the last deed to cap my last virtue at 32 (32 is the cap on the Legendary Server right now).
    The last deed should have given me 2000 Virtue XP, but since only 900XP were needed for the next rank, I only good 900XP, and lost the remaining 1100XP.
    Everytime I log in now I get an alert that my "Earning" virtue is capped and i should swap. But I cant swap, cause all virtues are capped.
    It seems to me that, all deeds or quests I complete now will give me 0 Virtue XP. That means I cant complete deeds I have left open because it would just simply be a waste of VirtueXP.
    Is it possible that you implement a system, were people who have all virtues capped can save up VirtueXP we get from now on for the next Level increase, so we dont waste VirtueXP.
    Would be much appreciated.

Ariama from Anor
    Last edited by Awelina; Jun 23 2019 at 11:54 AM.

That's the way it used to work. I don't understand why they couldn't.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Not only are you throwing away VXP you are denying yourself the sources to earn that vxp when you do have the capacity to rank up again.

Later on when you have many fewer sources available you will fall behind others. Also in that you are spending vxp across all virtues and that the cost to rank increases at higher ranks there won't be enough sources to get your favourite few maxed by the level cap. If you continue (are forced into) this broad spending approach beyond the rank 41 mark you cannot max the eight most useful by the level cap.

The early game is a rich environment for earning vxp so people could assume that it's easy to keep all virtues at the level imposed cap. But as sources dry up and costs to rank rise you face a wholly different issue.

Easy first step is to stop doing advanced slayer deeds. You can come back to them much later in the game when you need these to rank the needed few virtues. Then you can at least do content.

Are you being punished for going that extra bit further with the virtue deeding? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Not only are you throwing away VXP you are denying yourself the sources to earn that vxp when you do have the capacity to rank up again.

Later on when you have many fewer sources available you will fall behind others. Also in that you are spending vxp across all virtues and that the cost to rank increases at higher ranks there won't be enough sources to get your favourite few maxed by the level cap. If you continue (are forced into) this broad spending approach beyond the rank 41 mark you cannot max the eight most useful by the level cap.

The early game is a rich environment for earning vxp so people could assume that it's easy to keep all virtues at the level imposed cap. But as sources dry up and costs to rank rise you face a wholly different issue.

Easy first step is to stop doing advanced slayer deeds. You can come back to them much later in the game when you need these to rank the needed few virtues. Then you can at least do content.

Are you being punished for going that extra bit further with the virtue deeding? Yes.
    Yes, the problems with the system become more obvious as you level a new toon. The values used to convert existing characters were inflated and not what you see when leveling a new one, doing the same deeds. You will definitely be behind and hurt yourself if you continue to complete deeds once hitting the server cap.
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

Quote Originally Posted by Awelina View Post
    So, my Guardian on Anor is LVL 65 now and has now all his virtues capped.

Can I ask, did you cap virtues by naturally deeding or did you use a Level 50 Valar and get +4 to each virtue?
    Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post
    Can I ask, did you cap virtues by naturally deeding or did you use a Level 50 Valar and get +4 to each virtue?
    Just wondering.
    I'm in the same situation and I got there "naturally". When I reached 65 I had only two virtues at 31 and Wit to complete. They are all three at 32 now so all of my virtues are 32 or higher. I have submitted a bug report to SSG mainly on the annoying message I receive whenever I logon but also proposed half vXP when you are completely capped. Not perfect but a rerasonable trade-off which allows us to achieve some progress to further overcap Virtues.
    Zohal
    85 Warden - Leader of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Quote Originally Posted by Zohal View Post
    I'm in the same situation and I got there "naturally". When I reached 65 I had only two virtues at 31 and Wit to complete. They are all three at 32 now so all of my virtues are 32 or higher. I have submitted a bug report to SSG mainly on the annoying message I receive whenever I logon but also proposed half vXP when you are completely capped. Not perfect but a rerasonable trade-off which allows us to achieve some progress to further overcap Virtues.
    I would love to see the reply to that bug report working as intended... passed on to relevant team... aware of the issue... we have no clue what we did... the suit said release and be damned we a have a festival to run...

I would love to see the reply to that bug report working as intended... passed on to relevant team... aware of the issue... we have no clue what we did... the suit said release and be damned we a have a festival to run...
    Bug reports generally don't receive replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post
    Just wondering.
    I completed every deed that gave a virtue pre U24. And after U24 and mirkwood release i completed all Mirkwood deeds (did not do enedwaith deeds). Completed the Legendary Mirkwood quest a couple of times.
    Did not buy anything. I think i got 1x +1Compassion in a Lootbox.
    This is what my virtues look like right now (with that nice message on the right, every time I log in): https://i.imgur.com/tEGrPis.jpg

I completed every deed that gave a virtue pre U24. And after U24 and mirkwood release i completed all Mirkwood deeds (did not do enedwaith deeds). Completed the Legendary Mirkwood quest a couple of times.
    This is what my virtues look like right now (with that nice message on the right, every time I log in): https://i.imgur.com/tEGrPis.jpg
    It's too easy to read a post and think you have gotten to gist of it and maybe don't need to click on the url and then have to go to the deny all marketing cookies etc so I didn't click on the image the first time:

With a level cap of 65 and virtue cap at 32 you have gotten into some serious &*^*(*.

Initially you'd think there was a problem as any further VXP sources you use up are wasted permanently without a virtue cap rise. Well it may still be a problem but it'll take some working out. By having high virtue ranks before U24 you have benefitted from some of the boost in the transfer over to the new system. Just how much VXP you recieved could help hugely in calculating your future prospects.

The dilema is did you recieve enough of a boost to virtue ranks in the transfer that loosing a load of sources of VXP won't harm you in the long run or you need to consider seriously avoiding VXP sources like the plague now so as not to screw up ranks for the end-game?

You have 69 overcap ranks there and no possible way to take on any VXP for another 4 months without losing both the VXP you get doing content and the opportunity to earn it later from that used up source. So in 4 months what new content is coming?

Well you have Enedwaith now, which has 9 VXP sources (18,000) 5 of which are slayers. Any Enedwaith content done now can loose you up to 4 sources for good as they are tied to questing in the area, the slayers can be avoided until endgame. Beyond retiring your char you should write off those 4 sources.

I'm not sure what's will be in the Isengard release.
    Dunland has 34 VXP sources 68,000 9 are slayers.
    Great River has 23 VXP sources 46,000 7 are slayer.
    East Rohan has 27 VXP sources 54,000 11 are slayers, don't kill boars.
    168,000 VXP

The rise in cap:
    10 Rank 34 virtues will take 4,500 each = 45,000
    3 Rank 32 virtues will take 7,500 each = 22,500
    The rank 37 and above remain capped.
    Total capacity that opens for you at 75 is 67,500 VXP

If you did all this content and deeds you'd be throwing away 100k VXP, but that can't be good can it?
    [Big EDIT: dropping East Rohan out of the calculations has this potential loss drop to 46k and slayers account for 32k leaving some wiggle room for things to avoid like the final area quest handins.]
    Sadly the wiki stops the Virtues by region at West Rohan so it's a pain to find a figure for all the sources that follow.

Is everyone expected to work out how each of our toons stands so we can make a plan for our virtues?

I'd tally up all the sources I've done to this point and multiple by 2000 to give me the real earning figure. Then I'd work out how much it would cost in the new system to get the ranks you have now and see what the difference was to draw conclusions.
    Last edited by Ballie; Jun 28 2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Dropped East Rohan to 85 content and recalculated

from the looks of it everything seems to be fine for 75 (dunland + great river) and 85 (east rohan + wildermore) as you get enough virtue XP. 95 might be a little problematic, but with 100 you will get more than enough again.

It isn't always easy to avoid advancing slayer deeds. Some slayer deeds are advanced when in an instance, raid or skirmish or when completing daily quests. Crafting resource instances come to mind as an example. We should not have to avoid certain content or feel like we have to tell friends that we can't go help them out or do certain content for fear fear of throwing away vxp? It would be differnt if there were an endless supply.

I agree with you Ballie, this part of the new system is punative. I hope SSG recognizes this and makes a change. I am sure they would not want this to keep people from logging into the game.

Thanks, Yes it looks like you have had many virtues above cap before the transfer.
    I can see your virtues show the same thing... a little VXP into the next rank.. I think they must have recalculated some ranks during last patch.
    So, yes, not sure what to advise to you to avoid losing VXP... beside parking your character 8(

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    from the looks of it everything seems to be fine for 75 (dunland + great river) and 85 (east rohan + wildermore) as you get enough virtue XP. 95 might be a little problematic, but with 100 you will get more than enough again.
    I totally forgot Wildermore. I figured that East Rohan had to be in the level 75 content just because of the Warstead questline starting at lvl 71/72 but remembering back it was rather tough at the minimum level so my mistake.
    Finding sources for an all new player maybe an issue but here we are dealing with too many sources for the OP right now.

It's still looking like holding back on slayers is the easiest stop gap policy to follow, who knew Virtueal Anxiety would be a thing?