We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter stance after Vales of Anduin updates

Some Hunters are suggesting that the best stance for grouping after the latest content, whether for instances such as Thrang or raids, is no longer Strength but Precision. Any views, pro or con?

It has been prec for years tbh.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    It has been prec for years tbh.

Precision stance with a largely red (Bowmaster) build?

Strength effect should be something like 2-3x greater to be able to compete with precision critical magnitude.
    I think it's been precision since lvl 75 (but back then strength was still only marginally worse), lvl 85 it was similar, lvl 95 onwards precision way way better. I think strength was only useful for a period of time during lvl 105 before they did the barrage revamp, and still there was still debate about which one was better, most agreeing that precision was better still.
    Strength is not useful because the buff it gives is really small. Honestly having a 15% damage which translates into rather a 5% damage increase vs having 30% more crit magnitude, higher quick shot crit chance, better focus generation. I think they're not even in the same league.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxapart View Post
    Yes, I only take the best traits until exsanguinate, rest in red/yellow.

Precision has always been better, IMO. Even in like 2007. I pine for the days when it had the reduced miss chance against higher level enemies.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxapart View Post
    that's pretty much how i run both of my 120 hunters. i dip a little into the blue line for the run speed boost.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Precision has been the stance for grouping since at least 2010, when I started playing.

So precision sounds like its the best for group play.

What about soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Elleby View Post
    So precision sounds like its the best for group play.

What about soloing?
    i use precision all the time, not just for group play. it works very well for solo.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    i use precision all the time, not just for group play. it works very well for solo.
    Same. I stay in Precision all the time. Red line with 2 points in yellow for Tripwire (playing on Legendary server, not enough points to dip into Blue yet)
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"