We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Questions new Virtues pre U24

Hello Hunters,

my Projekts go on and with the change to the new virtues most use the one, the had already farmed with the old system.
    But what way should a new Hunter go?

I use in Core Defensive ones with focus on tac. mits and Wit.
    But you points for knowledge would maybe offer a better view on that Topic.
    Please share your opionion, best with a short explaination.

Thank you in advance.

I'm a casual and play almost exclusively solo, so consider if that's relevant.

My main has always been a hunter, but I've (relatively) recently started over, more or less, with a new hunter using the Aria. Held off on completing deeds for a while when I knew the new system was coming. I used to focus on mits and agility, but since agility is pretty awful for mastery now, I'm focusing on virtues that give straight stats. I'm working on virtues for two set-ups, one more for defense, the other more for damage.

Each will use Wit + Tolerance + Innocence (the latter two together add a balanced amount of mits and resistance)
    for defense, I'll add Fortitude + Honour (morale, crit defense, a bit more tactical mit)
    for offense, I'll add Confidence + Valour (finesse, crit, PM)
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Arestelle . 115 | Muiriol . 115 | Safirel . 26 | Sofiraen . 21 | Yvanriel . 21 | Yvyrien . 130 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Hello Hunters,

my Projekts go on and with the change to the new virtues most use the one, the had already farmed with the old system.
    But what way should a new Hunter go?

I use in Core Defensive ones with focus on tac. mits and Wit.
    But you points for knowledge would maybe offer a better view on that Topic.
    Please share your opionion, best with a short explaination.

Thank you in advance.
    I use Wit, Tolerance, Compassion, Innocence, and Charity.
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    I use wit, confidence, valour, zeal and determination. If you’re going to be a glass cannon, you might as well do it properly

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

For offense (physical mastery and crit rating), I currently use Valour and Confidence

For defense (mits and resistance), I use Charity, Compassion, and Innocence

When I have Wit ranked higher, I'll probably use Wit in place of one of the defensive virtues.

For my blue hunter, I want her to be a fast killer so the offensive virtues are important. You could add Determination to the mix for more offensive strength. If she's able to kill fast, then defense isn't so important. That's why I'll eventually give up a defensive virtue for more offence.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    For offense (physical mastery and crit rating), I currently use Valour and Confidence

For defense (mits and resistance), I use Charity, Compassion, and Innocence

When I have Wit ranked higher, I'll probably use Wit in place of one of the defensive virtues.

For my blue hunter, I want her to be a fast killer so the offensive virtues are important. You could add Determination to the mix for more offensive strength. If she's able to kill fast, then defense isn't so important. That's why I'll eventually give up a defensive virtue for more offence.

Which defensive virtue would be the first to be given up???

The question was not to me, but as i started the thread i post again.

@75 i use:
    Tolerance (Tac Mit)
    Fidelity (Tac Mit)
    Honour (Tac Mit + Moral)
    Loyalty (Vita=Moral)
    Wit (Finesse)

For @75 Information in addition.
    I did ToO T1 and get the Armor.
    Jewels from Crafting and 1 Ring from Limklar bring me to all Mastery and Crit caps even without Captain Buffs.
    Yesterday i thought about picking 3 Tankparts of the Limklar jewels set, but i will have around 1700 Mastery to less.

If i think i need more Moral again, i would switch Wit for more Moral Virtues. I own a Bell with 2 Finesse essences in Addition.