We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

1h or 2h for Beorning

Title. I've read that there was an issue with dual wielding where the stats on the 2nd weapon didn't count or you didn't get the DPS from it. Is that still the case? What the best weapon type for DPS, healing, and tanking? I ask because I'm about to chose my LI and I want to be smart about it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bear form damage only takes your main hand damage into account, ignoring off hand. If you want to maximise Bear form damage, use a 2 hander.

Quote Originally Posted by SerowLOTRO View Post
    Bear form damage only takes your main hand damage into account, ignoring off hand. If you want to maximise Bear form damage, use a 2 hander.
    Perfect. I was wondering if this was still the case. Thank you for the response.

Depends on what you wanna do.
    For tanking healing the stats of the offhand are better cause you don´t need dps.
    For dps well 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Depends on what you wanna do.
    For tanking healing the stats of the offhand are better cause you don´t need dps.
    For dps well 2h.
    The Yellow Beos till deals absurd amounts of damage (for a healer) so you want to press the damage spells with an 2h, also the offhand are not needed at all beo's get so many free stats that they need nearly no gear to get outgoing healing and crit cap.

Also for tanking i would prefer the 2h, doe to the higher damage (damage from blue beos is also quite high). I mean ideal you want to switch infight, but i clearly see 2h in the better spot here.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by SerowLOTRO View Post
    This is kind of stupid...
    Takes away the freedom..

But then it only goes for DPS..
    Who cares about dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    But then it only goes for DPS..
    Who cares about dps?
    I do, as a Healer.

The thing they need to do is to change LI's system in to something similar to Virtues: move lagacies itself in to a virtue-like tab and let us use regular weapons again. Stat difference for the curent tier weapons versus LIs is insane, especially for two handers.

Imagine that they couldn't even be bothered to properly implement the dual-wield linked skills for a class they were planning to charge a premium for. And still haven't even fixed it all this time later so at some point Vastin will probably get the honours.

Is there any benefit to using a particular weapon type? I'm a little way off 100 so am planning for it.

Currently the way to go is imho:
    Redline weaponswap between a legendary 2hand and 2 crafted onehand weapons (2hand for bear form, crafted for manform)
    Blueline use 2 crafted weapons
    yellowline 2 schools of thought here, either a legendary 2hand or 2 crafted onehand. legendary 2hand gives SLIGHTLY more beeswarm damage, 2 onehand weapons give better stats, faster attackspeed, but you need to press beeswarm in manform always (because manform damage is on the carving and bearform damage on the weapon).

Overall you can use 1 carving for everything (must have are hearten healing, bond of trust heal chance, healing potency, manform damage, thunderous roar cooldown and vigilant/thunderous inc healing) and one 2hand weapon (bearform damage, relentless damage, beeswarm damage, beeswarm debuff, maybe execute, idk the rest isn't really great)

Sad state to LIs if crafted are better.
    This shows that LIs-dps must get increased by minimum 20%.