We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Captain DPS Parses (all captains, data collection)

For all those who play the captain class:

I would like to ask for your help please in collecting some realistic data for Capt DPS.
    We want to collect realistic data using whatever gear you have access to on live.

Please don't be shy or embarassed - no one is going to judge your parses, we all have access to different gear + parses vary with rotation and RNG.

Galtrev training dummies do not hold marks or bleeds for long, but do give us a like for like comparison between live and bullroarer.
    On bullroarer there is an intelligent training dummy (located in Eyes & Guard Tavern, Crafting area) which does hold marks and bleeds, but unfortunately isn't available on live.

Therefore if possible, I would appreciate the following data (3 min parses)
    (or whatever you are able to provide, appreciate not everyone has BR downloaded)

• 3 min parse Galtrev training dummy (live) without using telling mark, oathies, banner
    • 3 min parse Galtrev training dummy (bullroarer) without using telling mark, oathies, banner
    • 3 min parse Intelligent training dummy (bullroarer, E&G Tavern, crafting area) without using telling mark, oathies, banner

This is all buffed with hope, scrolls, food.
    Also would be useful if you could post physical mastery and crit rating (with sure strike buff) to paint a more accurate picture.

I will do the same and post, but wanted to get something up on forums first.
    Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Last edited by Knight.; Jul 24 2019 at 11:02 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Level 108 captain in red line. I don't know if you just want cap levels, but I had a go anyway.

Might 8,427
    Physical Mastery 39,130 + 3415
    Tactical Mastery 18,823 +3415
    Critical rating 17,570 + 4427
    Finesse 12,738
    Morale 61,228
    Physical mitigation 44,604
    Tactical mitigation 10,720

OK, on the Eyes and Guard dummy, everything thrown at it:

Training dummy says: "For the entirety of our match, I hath suffered 1,151,272 damage!"
    Training dummy says: "Thou didst maintain a DPS of 6,395.956 over the last three minutes of our conflict!"

Somebody said their level 120 hunter could do 6k DPS on auto-attack only, so I am quite pleased with that

I would have done the Galtrev dummies too, but for some reason I can't get them to take any damage - am I missing something?
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Jul 24 2019 at 04:20 PM.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

lvl 120 Captain:

[07/24 11:16:34 PM] DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 37,354.180 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'

300k critt
    305k mastery

nearly maxed out dmg LI 150dmg Rune, Mele attacks did the most damge^^ 6,333k Dps.

Galtrev Dummy, without using telling mark, oathies, banner:
    very similar dps around 38k

Edit: Without any buuffod, like hope token or 5% dmg boost
    Last edited by Gertes; Jul 25 2019 at 03:59 AM.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

282255 PM
    229721 crit
    with hope and +5 attack damage

e&g tavern
    without buffs 25-26k dps

with buffs 34-35k

beta galtrev without buffs 39k
    live galtrev 37k

Level: 120
    Morale: 150k
    Mastery: 115k
    Crit: 191k
    Phys mit: 203k
    Tact mit: 219k

Live parse 1 Galtrev 75 dummy: 5290k over 287s for a dps of 18.4k
    Live parse 2 Galtrev 75 dummy: 3905k over 201s for a dps of 19.4k
    Average dps on live: 9195/488 = 18.8k

BR parse 1 Galtrev 75 dummy: 6090k over 256s for a dps of 23.8k
    BR parse 2 Galtrev 75 dummy: 14620k over 569s for a dps of 25.7k (I couldn't get him to stop!)
    Average dps on BR: 20710/825 = 25.1k

BR parse E&G level 120 dummy: 3646 over 180s for a dps of 20.2k (1282k the last 60s for a dps of 21.4k)
    Clearly he has more mitigation than the 75 dummy so I didn't go again as it's not a fair comparision with live, but it does give a view of what we'd hit vs on level enemies.

EnG tavern no buffs - DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 37,164.133 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'
    EnG tavern with buffs - DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 47,422.71 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'
    Got screens if needed

Only had 1 go each as it's getting late here.

For me Grave Wound always does the most damage, twice than autoattacks in both parses. Done in glass cannon (purple essences only as I cba with so many characters), 306k crit 311k mastery.

Will do some more tomorrow unless they close it down before I get a chance.

P.S. Updated my parse as I was looking at the CA numbers which runs for 3:11 for some reason, instead of linking 3 minutes parse from chat, like Geremir.
    Last edited by RicoFTW; Jul 25 2019 at 06:42 AM.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Hey Vastin I hope you manage to get hold of these/my post as I did some testing today.
    Did several parses with and without buffs.

All parses are done with at minimum of capped Crit and Mastery (225k+/303k+)
    With Buffs:
    With buffs however I seem to be hardstuck around ~48k, highest I got was just over ~49k, lowest around ~46k, but last 6 attempts consistently with buffs near 48.somethingk.

In general based on the image below you can see that Grave Wound is doing about 30% of the damage, autoattacks about 16% and Devastating Blow about 12,5% ish.

Without Buffs:
    Without Telling Mark, Oathbreakers Shame and Banner of War I got about ~40k, see picture below.

There are a few bugs currently on the captain however.
    • Shadows Lament currently does not bestow any battle readied effect, only when the skill is cut with a kick overhaul the battle-readied effect is coming through
    • Improved Grave Wound is gone? Whatever bleeds I keep applying it seems that only regular Cutting Attack and Grave Wound appear, but when using Grave Wound after Cutting Attack, no dot gets upgraded, it is still called ''Grave Wound'' (This cannot be intended, since Improved Grave Wound was earlier already a dot on live servers as big as these.
    • Defeat events sometimes pop up whilst I did not even crit on the necessary skills(devastating blow/time of need/pressing attack) to obtain a defeat event
    • Before it was actually possible out of combat to do both the rallying cry 5% damage buff and the routing cry attack duration buff of 15%, currently in combat with the 10% attack duration set from Anvil that does not seem possible for me anymore. I can uphold both fine, but infused with attack duration this still seems a mess up.
    • 30% Critical Magnitude Buff from Cutting Attack does not pop up/appear at all!

Damage in General
    Based on the damage in general I think the dots can be buffed up a bit further, first of all its the main captain damage source, also for a bit of AoE. Judging on the lowest bleed on Guardians(Sweeping Cut/Brutal Assault bleed/others), Loremasters(Burning Embers), Champs (Rend/Deep Strikes), Hunter (Barbed Arrow/Exsanguinate) and several other classes with bleeds, all damage tooltips or bleeds with full gear are way higher then those of the Captain. I think Captain Dots should go up, and with it you can raise Captain DPS easily, since you can see that Grave Wound alone is already responsible for about ~29-30% of the damage.

Judging from fully buffed bleeds on the captain, that is with To Arms, Banner, Relentless Assault Buff, Rallying Cry damage Buff and all others I get with Capped Mastery and Capped Crit (303k+/225k+) the following numbers on BR:

8k ish bleed on Cutting Attack, 9k ish Bleed on Grave Wound and for some reason 10,1k at best on Grave Wound(as tooltip), which is a weird thing that the actually tooltip on the character does not match the shortcut of the skill below, which is a happened to me on several skills as well (they are timed together so, there cannot be any mistaking considering the damage on those), as you can see it isn't also ''Improved Grave Wound'' which on live is a non-potable bleed like on the following screenshot:

Please get the bleeds/damage up a bit, I parse without a Captain on my Guardian already ~55-56k as long as I have power, Captain is still underpar with a lot of ''non-damage'' classes at this moment, Loremaster and Mini do way more damage in AoE, about similar currently in ST, but that still puts the Captain is a bad spot. Animation-wise everything seems to be in order.

My personal opinion is that Captains should be without buffs around at least ~45k minimum and buffed between ~50-55k, with increasing dots with another 25% of their current magnitude that is easily possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Geremir View Post
    Hey Vastin I hope you manage to get hold of these/my post as I did some testing today.
    Did several parses with and without buffs.

All parses are done with at minimum of capped Crit and Mastery (225k+/303k+)
    With Buffs:
    With buffs however I seem to be hardstuck around ~48k, highest I got was just over ~49k, lowest around ~46k, but last 6 attempts consistently with buffs near 48.somethingk.

In general based on the image below you can see that Grave Wound is doing about 30% of the damage, autoattacks about 16% and Devastating Blow about 12,5% ish.

How can Grave Wund tick 200 in 3min, that's mathematically not possible, on one target? My grave wound ticked around 80 times in 3min what is more or less realistic.
    Gertes#5389

i think that he swaping non imbued emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Naranor View Post
    i think that he swaping non imbued emblem.
    Might be, but the dot should not tick more often, it has just a longer duration. You have nearly a 100% uptime with both dots currently, no matter how long the tick.
    Also the cutting attack had the normal amount of tick, the swapping emblem should have affected him as well, but did not.
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    How can Grave Wund tick 200 in 3min, that's mathematically not possible, on one target? My grave wound ticked around 80 times in 3min what is more or less realistic.
    As Naranor said, yes, swap non imbued emblem for 9 extra bleed pulses. Something really nice to have.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    As Naranor said, yes, swap non imbued emblem for 9 extra bleed pulses. Something really nice to have.
    more pulses dont mean more uptime!!!
    Gertes#5389

more pulses dont mean more uptime!!!
    But you have 2 up all the time and even 3 for a little while. More exclamation marks please, only making yourself look a like a fool.

Capped Mastery (303K) and Overcapped Crit (350k)

E&G (bullroarer) without telling mark, oathies, banner:

Galtrev (bullroarer) without telling mark, oathies, banner:

Galtrev (live) without telling mark, oathies, banner:

Notes:
    - Rotation is smoother on BR with less dead time, but still feels a bit "clunky". Suggest to reduce cutting attack to 10sec CD also.
    - I'd like to see Capts do around 50K ST without buffing skills and 60K ST inc buffing skills (oathies, banner, telling mark) on E&G training dummy.
    - I'd like to see Capts do around 100K in AoE situations when in raids/instances (on par with yellow burg dps in support spec).
    - I like the suggestion above of strengthening our bleeds which would help ST and AoE (when we spread bleeds).
    - There are some major breaks/bugs on BR that need addressing as reported in main thread and above
    Last edited by Knight.; Jul 25 2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Knight. View Post
    For all those who play the captain class:

I would like to ask for your help please in collecting some realistic data for Capt DPS.
    We want to collect realistic data using whatever gear you have access to on live.

Please don't be shy or embarassed - no one is going to judge your parses, we all have access to different gear + parses vary with rotation and RNG.

Galtrev training dummies do not hold marks or bleeds for long, but do give us a like for like comparison between live and bullroarer.
    On bullroarer there is an intelligent training dummy (located in Eyes & Guard Tavern, Crafting area) which does hold marks and bleeds, but unfortunately isn't available on live.

Therefore if possible, I would appreciate the following data (3 min parses)
    (or whatever you are able to provide, appreciate not everyone has BR downloaded)

• 3 min parse Galtrev training dummy (live) without using telling mark, oathies, banner
    • 3 min parse Galtrev training dummy (bullroarer) without using telling mark, oathies, banner
    • 3 min parse Intelligent training dummy (bullroarer, E&G Tavern, crafting area) without using telling mark, oathies, banner

This is all buffed with hope, scrolls, food.
    Also would be useful if you could post physical mastery and crit rating (with sure strike buff) to paint a more accurate picture.

I will do the same and post, but wanted to get something up on forums first.
    Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Would be helpful if people indicate if they are using old set bonuses (especially if they no longer drop), bb jewelery, class essences, etc so significant variances can be easily identified/replicated.

But you have 2 up all the time and even 3 for a little while. More exclamation marks please, only making yourself look a like a fool.
    Then this is obvious a bug, because cutting attack dont seem to stack and in general the same dot usually dont stack in lotro.
    Sorry for exclamation marks, but you just repeated the point that was already stated, without explaining something or responding to my comment before, so i don't know who is the fool???
    Last edited by Gertes; Jul 25 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Gertes#5389

Now your dps is equal with red champion. That's fine.

That's pre-imbued emblem.
    I use it too, I get around 40-45k dps, I felt like something was wrong, but it wasn't. I'll post my parses later when it is't 40 degrees in my room.
    WhiteGoliath

Then this is obvious a bug, because cutting attack dont seem to stack and in general the same dot usually dont stack in lotro.
    Sorry for exclamation marks, but you just repeated the point that was already stated, without explaining something or responding to my comment before, so i don't know who is the fool???
    The fool is still you for using exclamation marks while being wrong about something. No need to get angry. I just thought, all of all people with the amount of weapon swapping you do on your champ, should know that Grave Wound dots do stack unlike CA.

The fool is still you for using exclamation marks while being wrong about something. No need to get angry. I just thought, all of all people with the amount of weapon swapping you do on your champ, should know that Grave Wound dots do stack unlike CA.
    Í dont use ! to say that i'm right with my statement, i was just angry that you copy and paste the statement before without adding new information.
    What doesn't helped me at all understanding the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    Now your dps is equal with red champion. That's fine.
    Champs dps is still much higher, i currently just have galtrev numbers, but 110-130k dps are normal for champs here
    Gertes#5389

Í dont use ! to say that i'm right with my statement, i was just angry that you copy and paste the statement before without adding new information.
    I did not see Naranor's post untill after I posted mine. Guess I should be more careful what I post then. Didn't know there were such rules.

On the other hand, instead of logging your own captain and try swap emblem, you kept shouting on the forums that it's not possible.

I did not see Naranor's post untill after I posted mine. Guess I should be more careful what I post then. Didn't know there were such rules.

On the other hand, instead of logging your own captain and try swap emblem, you kept shouting on the forums that it's not possible.
    I don't have a swapping emblem, i also posted this: How can Grave Wund tick 200 in 3min, that's mathematically not possible, on one target?

So i was questioning how this is possible on one target, how can i think its not possible, if i can clearly see on the screen that it is posible^^ I just wanted an explanation thats all.
    Gertes#5389

In theory you can have 3 Grave Wounds on the Target, although the third is falling off 2 seconds later. Since you cannot get Improved Grave Wound anymore, you can spam Grave Wound off cd at this moment, so that is what I am doing.

Consider you have 2 minutes and 3 ticks of grave wound every 2 seconds for 180 seconds, for 1 grave wound you can get up to 90 ticks in theory, so 180/190 over 3 minutes is easily possible!

Might be, but the dot should not tick more often, it has just a longer duration. You have nearly a 100% uptime with both dots currently, no matter how long the tick.
    Also the cutting attack had the normal amount of tick, the swapping emblem should have affected him as well, but did not.
    Grave Wound stacks indefinetly so if there was a possibility you can have 10 grave wounds on the target. With a non-imbued Emblem you can have 3 Grave Wounds on the target, however the 3rd one falls off 2 seconds later and can be applied 2 seconds later again, so in theory most of the times you have 3 grave wounds up with a non-imbued emblem.

There were always some bleeds that stacked with themselfs:

- Burgs Cunning Attack
    - Wardens Fist Gambt Builder (don't know the name sry)
    - RKs Fiery Ridicule (pre change)
    - LMs Bruning Embers
    - Minstrels Echoes

and of course also the Captains Grave Wound
    Lvl 130 Burglar - Thridos and Iksu || Lvl 140 Beorn - Nkoko || Lvl 140 Rune-keeper Ranmazu-1 || Lvl 140 Lore-master Estefhania-1 || Lvl 140 Champion Braxer || Lvl 130 Minstrel - Estebaan
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast