We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PM Spam

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards

PM Spam

Is there a way to report PM spam to moderators?

I received my first ever PM spam. I don't know if this is a new thing or if I finally got lucky.

There may be an "obvious" way to report this that I haven't noticed. I don't find this forum to be the most user-friendly one I've ever used .
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post

I received my first ever PM spam. I don't know if this is a new thing or if I finally got lucky.

There may be an "obvious" way to report this that I haven't noticed. I don't find this forum to be the most user-friendly one I've ever used .
    Why bother? When someone does that (or spams FS invites) I put them on ignore.

Sounds like you finally got lucky - I havent had spam of any type through the forums - EVER.

Was it a sweet Russian lady, or a Nigerian prince??

The best way to resolve it is to put the person on ignore. If it's legit "love potion" or whatever spam, report it and we'll ban the name. If it's harassment, we'll have to consider context, but spamming someone's inbox as a form of harassment can be a bannable offense.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The best way to resolve it is to put the person on ignore. If it's legit "love potion" or whatever spam, report it and we'll ban the name. If it's harassment, we'll have to consider context, but spamming someone's inbox as a form of harassment can be a bannable offense.
    It's not harassment or an obvious scam. It's (apparently) marketing. The title is a Bible quote, and the body is a solicitation for "life coaching." That's the sort of thing that could turn out to be anything on a broad ethical spectrum if I followed up.

I'm happy to put the account on ignore, but it seems like you might want to have more information on any account that uses PMs to market unrelated produces/services.

What's the correct method to report? (Bleh, sorry for not having a clue.)
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

It's not harassment or an obvious scam. It's (apparently) marketing. The title is a Bible quote, and the body is a solicitation for "life coaching." That's the sort of thing that could turn out to be anything on a broad ethical spectrum if I followed up.

I'm happy to put the account on ignore, but it seems like you might want to have more information on any account that uses PMs to market unrelated produces/services.

What's the correct method to report? (Bleh, sorry for not having a clue.)
    Yeah, this does sound suspicious. You can report a private message the same way you report a post; there's an icon to push to report. The little "two cards" or whatever symbol.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Done. Thanks for the pointer.