We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

64 Bit Client, Textures Flicker

When I use the 64 bit client, any two textures that overlap will constantly flicker between the two textures. This happens in thousands of places on the ground and looks really bad. I have the latest video drivers for my card, so I was wondering if anyone else has reported this or is it just my system? EDIT: Forgot to mention this happens on all versions or DirectX.
    Last edited by nonamebrand; Sep 24 2019 at 03:20 AM.

There's nothing we can do about it. The name for what is happening is called Z-Fighting:

Wikipedia: Z-fighting

I think only the devs can do something.

I see this problem as well. I hope they can devote some time to fix it although I understand it's nowhere close to game-breaking.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Problem still in game. Please fix this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilibrad View Post
    Problem still in game. Please fix this problem!
    If you have a Nvidia card, this guide might be helpful to slightly mitigate the texture flicker problem.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...de-Nvidia-only

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxius View Post
    If you have a Nvidia card, this guide might be helpful to slightly mitigate the texture flicker problem.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...de-Nvidia-only
    It's not video card related. It's a game issue. It's called Z-Fighting and it happens on both AMD and nVIDIA with LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    It's not video card related. It's a game issue. It's called Z-Fighting and it happens on both AMD and nVIDIA with LOTRO.
    I never said it was a Nvidia card or video card specific issue. The Nvidia callout is related to the fact it is a guide for Nvidia cards. Furthermore, folks who used the guide stated that it improved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxius View Post
    I never said it was a Nvidia card or video card specific issue. The Nvidia callout is related to the fact it is a guide for Nvidia cards. Furthermore, folks who used the guide stated that it improved the issue.
    I can confirm that the issue is still going on. Getting flickering all the time. Its not a graphics card related issue at all. The problem is called Z-Fighting and its only something SSG can fix. And tbh, they should be sorting it out.