We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Game launcher crashing after launching selected server

After today's patch whenever I reach the server selection screen on the launcher and hit Play the launcher crashes & disappears, no error message. I tried switching servers but always have the same result, launch window disappears & the game doesn't launch. LotRO was working fine for me last night. Whatever SSG did with today's patch screwed this up.

Update: Yesterday I was running 64bit with no issues. Now I can only launch the game in 32 bit. Now when I try to launch the game in 64 bit the launcher crashes after the server selection & Play.

Hm. I'm having the same problem as the OP.

Will try switching to 32 bit, see what happens.

And that worked! It would appear the update broke the 64-bit client. Shucky darn.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Having the same issue, everything was fine before the patch today. Now it crashes to desktop.
    It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

Same issue, had it happen in previous updates but running dx9 runtimes has always fixed it. This time nada only thing that works is switching to 32bit client

Quote Originally Posted by Jordoc View Post
    Having the same issue, everything was fine before the patch today. Now it crashes to desktop.
    It doesn't quite *crash* to desktop, it just quietly exits. The effect is the same. However, I find 32-bit to be WAI. At present. The lights will burn late at SSG tonight.

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    Please try running the launcher as admin to see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DaystarWarrior View Post
    After today's patch whenever I reach the server selection screen on the launcher and hit Play the launcher crashes & disappears, no error message. I tried switching servers but always have the same result, launch window disappears & the game doesn't launch. LotRO was working fine for me last night. Whatever SSG did with today's patch screwed this up.
    I have the same issue. I switched back to the 32 bit client on my windows 10 desktop and I can login okay. I also have Lotro on my 8.1 laptop. The 64 bit client loads okay on my 8.1 laptop.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DaystarWarrior View Post
    Hmm, do you have "keep launcher open" selected? If you don't, the launcher should close without an error message. If the game client closes, with or without an error message, there may be one or more required dynamically loaded link libraries missing. To test that, go to the folder where the client is located. Since you didn't say which client, and others are mentioning the 64 bit one, find lotroclient64.exe and try to launch it directly. This should fail, but should give a hint to which dll is missing on your system. These patches do not, normally, affect system files once those are present; though they could. More likely, especially if you are on Windows 10, is that a Windows update shredded the needed dll file.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    I did, no difference. I also tried resetting the defaults on the launcher, didn't work either. Can only run the game now in 32bit, launcher fails on 64bit.

I have tried running as Administrator and still the launcher disappears after a server is selected, it does not launch game. I am using 64 bit Windows 10.
    :)

Please try the procedure cdq1958 described above. That should tell you whether or not you're missing a required DLL.

After trying to launch the 64-bit client directly, mine said I was missing MSVCR100.DLL

So I installed the x64 and x86 versions of this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=26999

And now it boots just fine without any admin/compatibility settings necessary.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

I just tried running 64 bit client as admin on my windows 10 desktop and the game still disappeared when I selected the server to login to. I switched back to the 32 bit client on my windows 10 desktop and got in through the 32 bit client.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

I am having the same problem to and been trying to solve this issue for 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    It doesn't quite *crash* to desktop, it just quietly exits. The effect is the same. However, I find 32-bit to be WAI. At present. The lights will burn late at SSG tonight.
    I always run as administrator that did now fix issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sherush View Post
    I always run as administrator that did now fix issue
    Sorry; was that a typo for "did not?" It makes a difference....

18. Sep 25 2019, 03:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    After trying to launch the 64-bit client directly, mine said I was missing MSVCR100.DLL

So I installed the x64 and x86 versions of this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=26999

And now it boots just fine without any admin/compatibility settings necessary.
    that worked for me thank you

Please try the procedure cdq1958 described above. That should tell you whether or not you're missing a required DLL.
    I have this problem also, cant get in the game. And this doesn't help also, same as running the game as admin. When i try to enter launcher just dissapears without any error notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehef View Post
    I have this problem also, cant get in the game. And this doesn't help also, same as running the game as admin. When i try to enter launcher just dissapears without any error notifications.
    You (and anyone else affected) will need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523

We redistribute that with the installer, but unfortunately it's only installing the 32-bit version. I'll add the 64-bit version, but it's going to require a patch to fix.

You (and anyone else affected) will need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package:

We redistribute that with the installer, but unfortunately it's only installing the 32-bit version. I'll add the 64-bit version, but it's going to require a patch to fix.
    Thank you for this, I just installed whatever this was, and now I can log into the game correctly and on the 64-bit version . Glad about that I was getting the LOTRO withdrawal shakes lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiadrop View Post
    Thank you for this, I just installed whatever this was, and now I can log into the game correctly and on the 64-bit version . Glad about that I was getting the LOTRO withdrawal shakes lmao.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523 worked for me too. I'm back in on the 64 bit client on my windows 10 desktop. thank you muchly

Thanks for that workaround Silorien! I'm now playing LotRO in 64 bit

Thank you so very kindly for the work around. I am back in game with the 64bit client.
    :)

I have another problem. I can't enter Middle-earth by any character, the message appears: "Your character is still being saved. Please try again later." And this situation lasts about 8 hours. This problem only on the server Landroval, on other servers I can play, there is no problem.
    Brandywine / Landroval

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast