We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    For those of us who are computer knowledge deficient, how does one switch form 64 to 32 bit launch?

Quote Originally Posted by bobf View Post
    For those of us who are computer knowledge deficient, how does one switch form 64 to 32 bit launch?
    On the Launcher. Click the little down arrow up near the top right (next to the x and -) and select Options. Then you can switch between 64 and 32 bit on the screen that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    You (and anyone else affected) will need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523

We redistribute that with the installer, but unfortunately it's only installing the 32-bit version. I'll add the 64-bit version, but it's going to require a patch to fix.
    How do we switch to 32 from64 ? I don't know much about computers?

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    On the Launcher. Click the little down arrow up near the top right (next to the x and -) and select Options. Then you can switch between 64 and 32 bit on the screen that pops up.
    Thank you so much it worked ! only difference was mine showed defaulted to 32 bit tried it, didn't work, checked off 64 bit (new) and it's working fine! can't thank you enough, I even uninstalled and re- installed game and still didn't work before you replied! TY so much

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    We have added Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) to the launcher pre-requisite list. It should (as of now) automatically download and install this package the next time the launcher is executed on your machine.

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    We have added Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) to the launcher pre-requisite list. It should (as of now) automatically download and install this package the next time the launcher is executed on your machine.
    Now my wine launcher is freezing on "Installing Microsoft Visual C++...."

Is this a Mac thing, or are others having trouble? My game was working fine this morning.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Now my wine launcher is freezing on "Installing Microsoft Visual C++...."

Is this a Mac thing, or are others having trouble? My game was working fine this morning.
    Yep me too, seriously thinking of throwing the towel in with this game now, its painful playing on a mac, so sad.
    Irulian Fairmeadow - Elven Rune Keeper / Pennion - Elven Warden / Adaintor - Elven Guardian / Atheallia - Elven Champion
    Server - Laurelin

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairmeadow View Post
    Yep me too, seriously thinking of throwing the towel in with this game now, its painful playing on a mac, so sad.
    Well, other than the instant withdrawal symptoms, that's reassuring -- I didn't screw my client up somehow.

Not that this helps with the immediate problem .

ETA: Switching back to 32-bit, inasmuch as it's clear I'm doing that with the weird options GUI on the launcher, didn't fix it. It seems determined to download 64-bit C++ no matter what.
    Last edited by Echoweaver; Sep 26 2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

yeah,TY for response,I am not computer literate when it comes to all this stuff , ( in my 60's ) but got help from forum that worked, all fine now, just don't understand why everyone was saying they could log in on 32 bit not 64, and when reply came back to me on how to change from 64 to 32, I was defaulted to 32, had to change to 64 (new) then all worked smh, but all good now, tyvm all

My mac is also stopping on the Visual C+ message.
    Any one figure a way around this by chance?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000207382/01006/signature.png]Ayendel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bobf View Post
    Thank you so much it worked ! only difference was mine showed defaulted to 32 bit tried it, didn't work, checked off 64 bit (new) and it's working fine! can't thank you enough, I even uninstalled and re- installed game and still didn't work before you replied! TY so much
    Glad you got it sorted. I'm in my 60s too, so understand about the confusing stuff. I just keep my fingers crossed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayliff View Post
    My mac is also stopping on the Visual C+ message.
    Any one figure a way around this by chance?
    Guy near the end of the thread has a work around -here,

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...0-Package-quot

Although if you need to relog you have to do it all again.

HTH.
    Irulian Fairmeadow - Elven Rune Keeper / Pennion - Elven Warden / Adaintor - Elven Guardian / Atheallia - Elven Champion
    Server - Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Glad you got it sorted. I'm in my 60s too, so understand about the confusing stuff. I just keep my fingers crossed a lot.
    TY so much buddy, it worked and now can play more than GM's did,

You (and anyone else affected) will need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package:

We redistribute that with the installer, but unfortunately it's only installing the 32-bit version. I'll add the 64-bit version, but it's going to require a patch to fix.
    Morning, So I'm still having this issue of the launcher just vanishing when I try to enter laurelin , downloading this hasn't worked for me.
    Any further advise ?
    Lenova G50-45 laptop
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Ram 12 GB
    Total Phy Mem 11 GB
    Available Phy Mem 7.57 GB
    Total Virtual Mem 12.6 GB

Sorry I'm not a tech person , 32 bit is fine , its just 64

This (nor any of the other work arounds) have worked for me. 32 bit launches fine, 64 bit flashes "getting in line to connect" after hitting play, then the launcher resets to Username/password. I submitted a ticket a couple days ago.

Barrasso - Roche - Wrecca - Barrassa - Spezza - Blaqentan - Zamm - Recke - Wrecche
    "He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom" --Gandalf FotR

January, 2020
    It seems this is still happening

I was able to log in via x32 without problems (besides performance) and I read all of these wonderful things about x64
    I re-launched with the x64 box checked and it instantly dropped me out of the queue and back into the login screen.
    Windows didn't even suggest that anything tried to launch.

I tracked down the lotroclient64.exe and ran it to figure out which .DLLs I was missing.
    Downloaded the missing .dll and then instead I got a generic "0xc000007b" crash.
    Reset settings, rebooted, ran as admin, compatability for win7, downloaded the MS redistributable packages, and every combination of such, nothing worked.

Screw it, I'll just grit my teeth with the frame drops and loading times, thought I.
    Checked x32 box again, and it instantly dropped me out of the queue and back into the login screen.
    At the time of typing this, I am reinstalling the game since otherwise LotrO is genuinely unplayable owing to my attempt to try out the x64.

Anyone else still having this problem, or just little ol' me?

Quote Originally Posted by way2keul View Post
    January, 2020

Anyone else still having this problem, or just little ol' me?

Me too mate, have tried everything suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehef View Post
    I have this problem also, cant get in the game. And this doesn't help also, same as running the game as admin. When i try to enter launcher just dissapears without any error notifications.
    Same thing has happened to me since the latest update adding the Treebeard & Shadowfax servers. I already have the latest version of C++, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2