We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

XP version Gamelauncher FAILS on X64 dependency

I'm on 32-bit XP and I've followed all the 2017 thread XP/Vista instructions (all 3 downloads) and still get (in the lancher's text box) :

Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)...

which then just stops when you try to run the Redist :

"This setup program requires an x64 platform. It cannot be installed on this platform."

WHY is a x64 VC++ Redist needed for a x32 program ??

The game developers need to find the CORRECT dependencies and supply/override whatever is making this BARF

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    Quote Originally Posted by vladtheimplementor View Post
    WHY is a x64 VC++ Redist needed for a x32 program ??
    We modified the configuration to correctly handle the installation attempt on 32-bit versions of Windows, as well as a separate fix for Wine clients. You should be able to run the launcher now without hitting this issue.

I don't know if it's related, but just today, my launcher insists on installing some x64 stuff every time it launches, and the client is looking at my Administrator lgin for preferences (which has made my UI a mess and I assume is why I logged into the wrong server by default).

I would be more annoyed, but I ordered a new PC this afternoon, so whatever. But other folks may be having a similar issue.

Same problem! Running LOTRO on 32-bit Windows 10. Was working yesterday but today the launcher stops at trying to install Visual C++ 2010 (x64) - which obviously it can't on a 32-bit system. Launcher just disappears.

minimum requirements are windows vista

This on Windows 10 32-bit.
    Here's the Launcher log file:

2019.09.27 14:43:21[W] Data Center URL: QUrl( "http://moria.gls.lotro.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )

2019.09.27 14:43:27[W] Failed to delete registry key: LOTRO Launcher
    2019.09.27 14:43:30[W] Installer failed
    2019.09.27 14:43:30[C] Failed to install [ "vcredist_x64.exe" ]!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
    minimum requirements are windows vista
    It does same thing on my Vista 32 install. Luckily doesn't crash launcher and it stopped opening browser to download the redist, but still says something it on launcher as it loads.

Had a reply from Standing Stone. This is a known bug which is going to be fixed in the next update.

Angry

Run as administrator fixed it! Thanks for nothing SSG