We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Finished repeatable quest are shown as never been done

Hi
    is it just me or are Repeatable quest that one has done not shown so in the bestowal dialogue?
    For example Death from Above ( https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Questeath_from_Above ) is listed as a finished quest, still in the bestowal dialogue it is noted as never been done by me.
    Supposed to be so or bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisgarred View Post
    Hi
    is it just me or are Repeatable quest that one has done not shown so in the bestowal dialogue?
    For example Death from Above ( https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Questeath_from_Above ) is listed as a finished quest, still in the bestowal dialogue it is noted as never been done by me.
    I don't remember seeing that note on the repeatable quest dialogue until fairly recently. Have you completed the quest since it was added? If so, probably just a bug. I just checked one of the quests I have done and it shows properly.

The other possibility is that is *is* showing properly for you and your brain is inserting the "not" since you had read it like that on so many quests before. The only difference in the text is that one word and otherwise it looks identical.

May be Death from Above counts as 2 different quests when you kill drake outside of their cave, and when you kill drake inside their cave?

I've had a couple of quests show up as never been done, when I know 100% that I've done them previously. The most recent was Reclaiming the Grey (final), just a couple of weeks ago.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I've had a couple of quests show up as never been done, when I know 100% that I've done them previously. The most recent was Reclaiming the Grey (final), just a couple of weeks ago.
    Hmmm... may be if you fail Reclaiming the Grey (final), on next week you will see such message above quest name?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Hmmm... may be if you fail Reclaiming the Grey (final), on next week you will see such message above quest name?
    Not something I've tested, and probably won't try testing it now that MM is so close, but I know I'd completed that quest tons of times while working for shards, even before Vales arrived. It was really weird when it showed up as "never been completed" all of a sudden like that. I did reclaiming the grey regularly, and only stopped doing the final part when they removed all reward from it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Not something I've tested, and probably won't try testing it now that MM is so close, but I know I'd completed that quest tons of times while working for shards, even before Vales arrived. It was really weird when it showed up as "never been completed" all of a sudden like that. I did reclaiming the grey regularly, and only stopped doing the final part when they removed all reward from it.
    I just thinks it works something like this: script check if you compete quest in previous time. If you complete quest in the past, but in last time you fail it, script don't see it as previously completed. If they increase amount of checks, we don't encounter such confusing info. Need to test it with Mordor daily quests

In the German Client there is NOT A SINGLE quest which shows that I have previously done it. And I already finished Minas Tirith Dailys maybe 200 times. And I always finished Avabarg in the Vales 150 or more times, proof for wrong text is in the picture. In German it says: "Dies ist eine wiederholbare Aufgabe, die ihr noch nie erfüllt habt" - "nie" means "never". I reported this bug a couple of times but no patch fixed it since this feature was implemented.

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    In the German Client there is NOT A SINGLE quest which shows that I have previously done it.
    Thanks for posting this. I traced the problem to our localization data. As suspected, the translation is the same for whether you have previously completed the repeatable quest, or never completed it. A fix for this should go out with the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I traced the problem to our localization data. As suspected, the translation is the same for whether you have previously completed the repeatable quest, or never completed it. A fix for this should go out with the expansion.
    Very cool! Thanks!

Please do the same with The Anvil of Winterstith raid please. Everytime I log in to the game, this raid pops up. I haven't finished this rain and I have no intentions of finishing it but It is still annoying as heck to see this pop up each time. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisgarred View Post
    Hi
    I believe it would be in the nature of a repeatable that after the CD of the quest resets it your having done it is forgotten.

Why would this concern you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    I believe it would be in the nature of a repeatable that after the CD of the quest resets it your having done it is forgotten.

Why would this concern you?
    Because the entire purpose of that text on the quest dialogue is to show whether or not it is one you have done before.

As for how it might matter, maybe you have a goal to make sure you do every quest in the game and this would help you to tell at a glance whether this particular repeatable was already crossed off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    No, that's not how that works. In fact I think one of the main reasons the green text stating whether or not you've done a particular quest before was making it possible to know your history on a repeatable quest. I know many times I wondered if I'd done a quest marked as repeatable because there are so many quests that are marked repeatable right from the first try.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Shrug - I'm kind of a completionist. <~~ guess that is not a word - or at least spell check does not think so.

Anyway. I pretty much know if I have done a repeatable before or not. In my experience though - as in "I'd like you to do me a favor though" LOL. Don't let me get sidetracked talking about lord Butterbutt.

Anyway. I've found that my deed log shows the quest at some point. Doesn't it?

Hmm. Maybe not. As long as I've completed all the deeds in a zone I probably would not sweat if I could not remember if I'd done one particular quest. Though I do pretty much know if I've done a quest.

For the german client this is still an issue after the release of Minas Morgul. There is NO quest ahich shows I have done before. Can we expect a fix in the next game update?

thanks!

Th