We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation The laggs are getting more worse

The last 2 weeks are so laggy that we are at most of the times not able to play in the moors, we cant use/press our skills. This laggs also affects the non pvp players. Players just stuck in the map and cant move anyway.
    It would be nice to get some information from +cordovan or anyone else. why should the pvmp community buy minas morgul or keep their vip sucsription if we are not able to play this game because the actual perfomance is to worse.
    i play this game since the release and never had problems/laggs like this, so just provide us some information, did you know that we have heavy problems?
    Do you know that the problems are getting more worse from week to week ?
    Is it possible to get informations about a fix or a performance improvement?

we are a big part of this community and this game, please dont ignore us :/

Yes. There are many many lags on the "EU"-Server.
    We do not get angry anymore - we accept this with a quiet silence and mourn the non-existent server in Europe.
    The time with a ping of 30 and less lags seems never come back anymore

I second this. It makes it close to impossible to play warden at a decent level due to the constant delays which ***** up the masteries and gambits.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_ArrowWind View Post
    I second this. It makes it close to impossible to play warden at a decent level due to the constant delays which ***** up the masteries and gambits.
    Funny You should mention Warden. My son and I went to get some spiderlings with our newly created LvL 11 Wardens. The quest in Festival that says go to the quarry in The shire and get 12 spiderlings. We almost died a few times as the game would just freeze and get delay due to lag. Skills not going off and gambits being next to impossible to do. We barely managed to stay alive and usually that should not even be an issue. Even sometimes trying to get a spiderling would end up not working as by the time we registered picking them up they had moved out of range due to lag. No one else near us, only us two there, so not some lag due to cosmetics or skins loading from a gazillion players like at the festival grounds or South Bree, just plain old internet and server lag.

The hitching is getting worse, especially now with more people online during the Fall Festival. I noticed this on Anor, and I'm in Northeastern US.

Everything is smooth, no dropped packets, low latency, then BAM! I get a stutter lasting a second or two with a frozen screen. I keep looking at network performance and still no dropped packets, and low latency. My CPU and GPU at these times were still barely needing to process anything, so they're not getting hit with anything. It's all due to the server itself.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

I am assuming you're taking the appropriate precautions to play in Ettens? There must be a link somewhere how to put your game settings to be able to play atleast decently
    Lifetimer

They built new servers to address this very issue.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    They built new servers to address this very issue.
    I was unaware of this. When are the servers getting installed?

The Lag and and Skill delay are insane at the Eu Server...This is the last Time i spend Money on the Game,with Mordor release is was Way better. Not fun to play.Please spend your Money in Servers,with Minas Morgul many of my friedslist came back and then 2 days later they are go away because of the Lags and the Rubberbanding.

Could it be the new server set up

Since they carried out the work on the server array t'other week lag has definitely got worse.
    My normal game session lasts about 2 ½ hours, in the past I'ld only really suffer lag at festival times or very rarely.
    Since the server replacement I get full disconnect at least once a session & 3-4 other periods of lag. I've not been participating in the festival & all my game play has been in Angmar or Evendim.
    Silliest lag & drop out event was when I had about 4 minutes frozen, but could see other players alts moving around!

The thing to avoid the shift and stay on a good fps, when you enter an area, disconnect from the game, log in and stay in your area. Same thing if you play in pvp (disconnect and connect to the zone, without going through the pve) the server is complete in player but, it is the only way to avoid lag ...

[IMG][/IMG]

Plz, do not activate for the moment !

I hope it can help.

Updating the drivers is useless, the problem comes from the game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hecki View Post
    Yes. There are many many lags on the "EU"-Server.
    We do not get angry anymore - we accept this with a quiet silence and mourn the non-existent server in Europe.
    The time with a ping of 30 and less lags seems never come back anymore
    The current lag is sometimes even experienced by PvE mobs and is therefore not the transatlantic delay, but simple server overload.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    The current lag is sometimes even experienced by PvE mobs and is therefore not the transatlantic delay, but simple server overload.
    I think a combination of both. Considering how sluggish the web-site has also been and they are on separate servers from what I understand. These last few days have been ridiculous. Same for other friends from Europe. Somwhere leaving Mainland Europe and before entering Boston there must be something wrong. Usually near the source, as other sites across the Atlantic does not suffer the same sluggishness and lag. Some hop along the way close to LoTRO servers is really bad. Yes it can be LoTRO's servers or their ISP/server host. As soon as You get routed differently to other sites and games in US there is no such lag or sluggishness. So maybe bottlenecking just before the log-in servers and web servers along the way combined with overloaded servers that can not handle it. In that combination it becomes very bad. I can't really imagine that LoTRO's web-site should get so much traffic that it can not handle it. I mean look at other web-sites that millions visits and they still load fine. The servers yes they can be overloaded with population that they can't handle, as they transfer alot more data, but a web-site not being able to handle a few houndred or evevn a thousand vistors at a time ??? Hardly. Unless it is on a dial-up connection, he he he !!!

I feel for our EU-folk, but I haven't had any lag on Arkenstone since the drop of MM. It was bad for the first week, but I haven't had any lag since. However, people complain about it in world chat constantly. I wonder how close I am to their servers, lol.

I hope for european server in future.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Evodius View Post
    I feel for our EU-folk, but I haven't had any lag on Arkenstone since the drop of MM. It was bad for the first week, but I haven't had any lag since. However, people complain about it in world chat constantly. I wonder how close I am to their servers, lol.
    I am on the west coast near Los Angeles. I have 1 Gbit/s fiber, and a 3ms ping to Google (8.8.8.8), and because of the distance a 70ms ping to the Lotro servers on the east coast. My connection is rock stable, my computer is connected by ethernet cables, and no other games I play have any lag whatsoever.

Last night, on Arkenstone, I clicked a quest object to pick it up.... and nothing happened. I move a little closer and click again because I think I may have missed it, and literally 5 seconds later it finally starts to pick it up but then cancels it because I moved. What the..... ok, so I stand still. Click item. Wait 3 seconds.... oh there it goes!

It is HORRIBLE right now, but it differs per zone. This quest was in Minas Morgul area, but in some old zones (such as Bree, Galtrev where I hang out for vault/auction/crafting purposes) there was absolutely NO lag whatsoever. Minas Morgul wasn't the only zone, the Vales of Anduin also had trouble.

On two occasions in the last week, I completely stop moving..... and the game freezes. If I wait long enough, it says I disconnected from the server. When I log back in from scratch..... I was dead in both cases, and found myself in a "circle of life", telling me the character was still where it was.... but as it was no longer communicating with me, it just stood there, and the probably nearest warg or orc used me as an Elevenses snack.

Other games? No problem. No lag.
    Network issues? Not present. My connection is rock-stable with solid pings and no packet losses to anything I connect to.
    Lotro? Only game with lag issues.

This lag is server based.... OR connection based somewhere on a peer/backbone on their end, but I would have expected lag in old world zones as well, and I am only experiencing lag in the Vales of Anduin, Minas Morgul and Mordor Besieged. I guess it is the three zones where most level 120+ people hang out now.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evodius View Post
    I am on Arkenstone also, and the lag persists in pretty much every session now.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    This is what I think as well. I notice horrible lags during prime-time, but when I play early in the morning before going to work, everything runs smoothly. I think it's just too many players in the same area at the same time. Which would also explain why the lag is worse in MM or the festival area.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I’ve seen the freezing while crafting. It’s very hard to guess what the issue is. It’s definitely not at my end or my network provider end. But beyond that it could be anything. If it’s just a server load problem then they can see that easily. If it’s a network fabric issues it can be more complicated. If it’s somewhere between their internal network and mine. Very complicated.

All we fandom is keep giving them data. Server. Date/time . Description of issue. Network provider. Location. Pc op system

I just wasted three weeks of my life trying to find an issue between Microsoft data centers and verizon. BTW. It was routing issues in the Verizon network in north New Jersey
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

Happens nightly on Landroval landscape deeding, too
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"