We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New guild rep quests?

I have a metalsmith that is currently at the artisan level with the metalsmith guild. I understand there are supposed to be new quests for guild rep, but I don't see any quests available from the metalsmith guild leader. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The quests are only open to those who bought the expansion, so that's one.thing to consider.

Just to be sure: you are NOT on a Legendary server, right?

Some people mentioned on BR that they saw those quests only in original guildhalls. (I.e. in Thorin Hall for Metalsmith). So try Crafting Hall at Thorin.

You need to be able to craft T13 stuff for these quests. Have you opened T13 yet? If not, that might be it.

I should have mentioned I did purchase the expansion. I am a lifetime member, if that matters. Also, I have mastered all tiers of crafting up to the new one.

Did you try the Metalsmith guild at Thorins Hall? My Metalsmith alt is parked there and go the quest just fine.

Yes, the new guild quests only seem to be available from the Guild leaders in the original guild halls at Esteldin, Thorin's and Rivendell. Haven't checked the guild masters at Minas Morgul camp but, if you're low level you can't go there anyway.

I have been to the metalsmith guild in Thorin’s hall and there is nothing available. Sounds like maybe I should submit a ticket. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, the new guild quests only seem to be available from the Guild leaders in the original guild halls at Esteldin, Thorin's and Rivendell. Haven't checked the guild masters at Minas Morgul camp but, if you're low level you can't go there anyway.
    Masters in Minas Morgul camp have that quests too.

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    The two requirements for the new Guild Quests are purchase of Minas Morgul and a reputation level of Westemnet Master of the Guild.

If you have these two things under your belt the Guild Leaders in Rivendell, Michel Delving, Thorin's Hall, Esteldin and Estolad Lan in Minas Morgul should start the questlines for you.

Hope this helps!
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    The two requirements for the new Guild Quests are purchase of Minas Morgul and a reputation level of Westemnet Master of the Guild.

If you have these two things under your belt the Guild Leaders in Rivendell, Michel Delving, Thorin's Hall, Esteldin and Estolad Lan in Minas Morgul should start the questlines for you.

Hope this helps!
    Can we get these quests added to Guild Leaders in Galtrev, please? Galtrev remains a major hub for many people.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    Can we get these quests added to Guild Leaders in Galtrev, please? Galtrev remains a major hub for many people.
    And Aldburg. Aldburg is where the crafters and traders go.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    And Aldburg. Aldburg is where the crafters and traders go.
    I guess this must be server specific. It's not used so much on Evernight. I guess for me it's the trek up the hill. It was great at the time having the dev ask us what we wanted for a craft hall but so many gravitated to Galtrev instead even if we were haunted by the ghostly calls for "Isobel". Move it down the hill and open up more stable routes and I'd go back to it. Plane down the floor a bit too.

So the quests are available no matter what level you are, but the actual recipe to accomplish the quest requires you to be level 130? That makes no sense. (Jeweler Guild is the one I have tried to do).

My guilded characters are all westemnet masters atm in different guilds. I dont have Minas Morgul yet. But my chars see new guild quests even thou they cant get it coz no expansion. All in basic guild places. So your character level doesn't really count. Its your guilded level and having an expansion which lets you get new quest. And even without expansion you can buy recipes for quest items needed to finish mentioned quest.
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

My lvl 35 Yeoman alt in Michel Delving was able to obtain and complete the first two quests for Cook guild. She already had about 130k worth of rep items stashed, so two quests got her maxed. I hear there is presently a bug where 3rd cook quest turn-in only works in Minas Morgul, but it should be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    My lvl 35 Yeoman alt in Michel Delving was able to obtain and complete the first two quests for Cook guild. She already had about 130k worth of rep items stashed, so two quests got her maxed. I hear there is presently a bug where 3rd cook quest turn-in only works in Minas Morgul, but it should be fixed soon.
    Not really a bug, just an extra step that had Cooks visiting the Guild Leader in MM to complete the Waybread quest we decided to remove. This will be deployed in the next patch.

Folks who wish to get the quests done can absolutely do so, it'll just require a quick trip out to Estolad Lan. The remaining quest can be completed in Michel Delving.

And yet another question. For all other guilds, I need use 40 minas morugl resources for quest to craft ONE item. But first woodworker guild quest needs THRE Guild Pattern Chairs, what needs 120 boards, or 240 logs. It's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    And yet another question. For all other guilds, I need use 40 minas morugl resources for quest to craft ONE item. But first woodworker guild quest needs THRE Guild Pattern Chairs, what needs 120 boards, or 240 logs. It's ok?
    Yup same in beta. Told 'em to. Seriously just go back and make all the old carvings, sell your new mats on the AH to buy the old ones.

Frankly without any statement of intent with these huge changes to crafting, all without anything useful to actually craft the testing was hugely time consuming. Feedback didn't in anyway effect Cordovan saying they were still on course for the 5th release date. But why bother with our feedback if you have gotten way with this kind of thing for years.

Wednesday's Patch will reduce the quantity of items needed for these Quests except for Cook.

I had gone to Galtrev and they weren't available. Now I know why. I think I will wait on this until I exhaust my current Reputation Bonus in place. Don't want to waste it on Guild Rep if we are getting tons of Guild XP with these Quests.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Make sure you DO NOT make any of the recipes before you have the quest!!!

I made all 4 items, turned in the first quest and now the quest for the second item wants me to make it again. I can't just turn in the one I made already. So there's 60 leathers down the drain....

Hope this helps!
    I just decided to choose Cook as a second guild for my RK, who's a guilded Jeweller already. My Cook skill reaches tier 13 yet I don't see the new Guild quests at the Cook Leader NPC in Michel Delving.

Questions:
    - Do I need a base rep level with the cook guild to be able to receive those quests? Westemnet?
    - Do quests only appear for 1 guild per toon? In that case, is this WAI?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I just decided to choose Cook as a second guild for my RK, who's a guilded Jeweller already. My Cook skill reaches tier 13 yet I don't see the new Guild quests at the Cook Leader NPC in Michel Delving.

Questions:
    - Do I need a base rep level with the cook guild to be able to receive those quests? Westemnet?
    - Do quests only appear for 1 guild per toon? In that case, is this WAI?

Thanks!
    First line of my quoted reply - you need to be Westemnet Master of the Guild.

If you are WMotG in two professions on the same character you should be able to get the quests from each of those Profession's Guild Leaders.

The quests will only appear once for each character (like any non-repeatable quest in our game) but every character that meets the requirements should be able to get the quests. So, in theory, you can keep changing vocations and professions, join guilds and build rep so you can do all 7 Professions' guild quests on one character. You'll lose all reputation if you change to a Vocation without the shared Profession, but you can do it.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Nov 18 2019 at 01:57 PM.

First line of my quoted reply - you need to be Westemnet Master of the Guild.

If you are WMotG in two professions on the same character you should be able to get the quests from each of those Profession's Guild Leaders.

The quests will only appear once for each character (like any non-repeatable quest in our game) but every character that meets the requirements should be able to get the quests. So, in theory, you can keep changing vocations and professions, join guilds and build rep so you can do all 7 Professions' guild quests on one character. You'll lose all reputation if you change to a Vocation without the shared Profession, but you can do it.
    Thanks for the reply Kehl! I totally missed that part... i'm going blind!

Yeah, one can go blind reading so much,

and also go nuts just trying to FIND OUT

what to do, how to do it, etc.

Keep us in the dark, SSG. Crafting supposed to be a surprise, or what?

Thanks for nothing, having the Improved Recipes recipies be level 130. Oh joy!

SSG -- remember when one could actually craft something that would be USEFUL during leveling up?

Guess after 11 years of LOTRO, I'm fed up with the nonsense anymore. And I'm a good customer.