We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burg DPS and gearing Issues with Update

Being that the Burg is a dual wielding I have found a couple of slight issues when it comes to the amount of dps compared to other classes in the current update

Main hand weapon is the Legendary with Max DPS - 1760.6 and with 1320-2201 Damage Rating
    Off Hand weapon is Crafted with DPS - 2287.4 and with 1716 - 2859 Damage Rating

Now the issues with this is that out of 11 possible damaging skills 8 of these skills all use only the MAIN HAND. Thus the Main hand should always be higher than the off hand.....

Even with the slight extra dps increase that came with the Tiers on Legendary weapons, this was remarkably less than that of the off hand which is only using 2 or 3 skills that even use the off hand

you compare this increase with other classes its almost like a nerf bat was once again taken to the Burg specially with the way someone that does not have a clue about how to gear a burg has created fixed stats on gear that hinder a burg compared to other AGI based dps classes.

Also Is it not about time that whoever actually works on the stats/gear side of things, when doing an update they look at all classes and how they are being made vulnerable rather than just looking at say a hunter coz thats all they know... If you do not know anything ASK!!! coz we players who actually know and play a class can tell you that an AGI based melee class needs more than just AGI/PHYS MASTER/FINESSE unlike hunters. We have to stand in damaging effects that require tactical mitigation unlike a hunterthan can either kill things before it gets to them or run away hitting things and not be effected by things

Burg ST damage is superior to everything out there at the moment. I'm not sure nerf bat and burglar belong in the same room anymore, let alone the same sentence.

Hunters use a bow as their main dps, and their offhands don't contribute much at all to their main skills, as you say, they aren't often in melee, so is that a disadvantage to them too then? Maybe they should have two bows

True, hunters get a degree of safety in being ranged, much like ranged warden does, but go tell that to some of the Mordor (Besieged) scourges that like to pull you 40 mtrs to one shot you with a hammer. Kinda fun actually - it makes the fights a bit more interesting.

Oh, and by the way, the hunters best dps is in redline, where kiting doesn't really kill much as 90% of the skills won't work while moving. If you don't know these things, just ask.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Hunters use a bow as their main dps, and their offhands don't contribute much at all to their main skills, as you say, they aren't often in melee, so is that a disadvantage to them too then? Maybe they should have two bows
    Hunters with imbued bows that have as much DPS as a crafted bow would be nice

Which is worth noting for the OP's complaint; imbued legendary DPS is pretty similar across the board. I'm assuming no class gets to use the crafted weapons as their main hand DPS and use an imbued legendary at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintryth View Post
    Being that the Burg is a dual wielding I have found a couple of slight issues when it comes to the amount of dps compared to other classes in the current update

Main hand weapon is the Legendary with Max DPS - 1760.6 and with 1320-2201 Damage Rating

Now the issues with this is that out of 11 possible damaging skills 8 of these skills all use only the MAIN HAND. Thus the Main hand should always be higher than the off hand.....

Even with the slight extra dps increase that came with the Tiers on Legendary weapons, this was remarkably less than that of the off hand which is only using 2 or 3 skills that even use the off hand

you compare this increase with other classes its almost like a nerf bat was once again taken to the Burg specially with the way someone that does not have a clue about how to gear a burg has created fixed stats on gear that hinder a burg compared to other AGI based dps classes.

Also Is it not about time that whoever actually works on the stats/gear side of things, when doing an update they look at all classes and how they are being made vulnerable rather than just looking at say a hunter coz thats all they know... If you do not know anything ASK!!! coz we players who actually know and play a class can tell you that an AGI based melee class needs more than just AGI/PHYS MASTER/FINESSE unlike hunters. We have to stand in damaging effects that require tactical mitigation unlike a hunterthan can either kill things before it gets to them or run away hitting things and not be effected by things
    Looks like some one, who wants his op class being more op or better most op class in game. Burg is doing so much dmg so i dont get what you want to say. I agree with you that its really dumb, that offhands have more dmg because its unlogical, but burg has dmg and survivability. You cant compare him with hunter. Maybe a tactical mitigation rating like hunter has on vitality would be nice, but in my opinion every class should have it on vitality.
    Silmoth - Champ of Vanyar

the only skill that does more dmg with non-LI in mainhand than with LI is Provoke...

you can switch a non LI in for this skill only if you want... ^^
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Bandit0s // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

this issue is less then relevant on burg , but ...
    On warden most skills do more dmg with crafted weapon then main LI @130 still ...

Same problem for all classes.
    Basedps (without runes) oft onehanded li must be the same as offhanddps and twohanded 30% in top.
    Even with all the addiional bonuses from the legacies. Dps numbers must be the same.
    And if we get a new update with better offhands just increase je dps legacy bis one rank which sets the dps to the value of the best crited offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintryth View Post

Really our dps is in a good spot, the LI legacies make Burg very powerful.

Stats wise I found having your virtues Inna good spot makes a big difference with the jump from 60+65 yielding great stat increase.

Agility main stat now contributing 1:3 to mastery also means slotting all new gear you get a better build than using older Anvil, although I've retained the 2 slot bracelets and 3 slot cloak for the time being.

Provoke DMG reduction and burning cool downs like TNG and knives out enables us to play within the DMG auras.

The most frustrating thing I've found on burg is when you come up against the dead/wights with DMG aura which pulls you out of stealth before you can engage. Outside of that I'm chopping through everything.

Burg doesn't need a DPS boost imo
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Lightbulb

What annoys me a bit is the inconsistencies on weapon stats. Like why is it only maces that have Physical Mastery on one of it's crafted versions, but all other melee weapons only crit and finesse ??? Then if want physical mastery You can not make use of Your racial weapon trait, or if You prefer the weapon bonus like +1% parry chance, or a chance to slow Your opponents attack speed etc (whatever is your preference). All weapon types should have the same variations. There should be swords, axes, maces, clubs, daggers, as well as bows and crossbows etc with the same stat outcome on recipes. That way we can chose the ones that fits our race or rp style.

That is something I got think of reading this thread with gearing up. Not specifically a problem for burglars but for all.