We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minad Morgul - gear, motes and embers

So I'm a lvl 130 Guardian currently wearing gear picked up questing in Minas Morgul, plus the odd piece from the 4 new instances.

I came to Minas Morgul straight from the Mordor expansion, which I bought and worked through a few weeks ago levelling up from 100 to 120. I've done none of the content between the MM and Mordor expansions as I'd been away from the game for a few years, so the whole Motes and Embers system was new to me. Thanks to Mordor I've got 10,000 Motes and about 150 Relics of the Last Alliance, and thanks to MM I'm starting to collect Embers, got about 5,000 so far.

What is the best thing I can spend this currency on now that endgame currency has moved on to Relics of Minas Ithil? Can I get any decent Essences with them, or are the Flickering Moonlit ones dropping in MM now best in game? What about LI Relics? I think I have Westemnet ones slotted atm, can I buy better ones with motes/embers? Or LI titles? I think I still have Conflict of Eldar Days III on my weapon.

Any help much appreciated, this game has become so confusing since I last played seriously, which was Update 16.

Quote Originally Posted by BilbosBelly View Post
    So I'm a lvl 130 Guardian currently wearing gear picked up questing in Minas Morgul, plus the odd piece from the 4 new instances.

I came to Minas Morgul straight from the Mordor expansion, which I bought and worked through a few weeks ago levelling up from 100 to 120. I've done none of the content between the MM and Mordor expansions as I'd been away from the game for a few years, so the whole Motes and Embers system was new to me. Thanks to Mordor I've got 10,000 Motes and about 150 Relics of the Last Alliance, and thanks to MM I'm starting to collect Embers, got about 5,000 so far.

What is the best thing I can spend this currency on now that endgame currency has moved on to Relics of Minas Ithil? Can I get any decent Essences with them, or are the Flickering Moonlit ones dropping in MM now best in game? What about LI Relics? I think I have Westemnet ones slotted atm, can I buy better ones with motes/embers? Or LI titles? I think I still have Conflict of Eldar Days III on my weapon.

Any help much appreciated, this game has become so confusing since I last played seriously, which was Update 16.
    We are at the beginning of a new expansion. There is almost no really good gear in the game at the moment. Relics are just yellow pieces and quest gear is yellow as well. You can run T2 or T3 instances to get better gear (or get them with ash at the Minas Morgul vendor) but in a couple of weeks we will get new instances, a new raid and maybe new landscape content with purple or blue relics. The best way is to play the content first and get as much currency as possible through weekly quests. Besides that you can run T2 or T3 instances to get to a higher item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    We are at the beginning of a new expansion. There is almost no really good gear in the game at the moment. Relics are just yellow pieces and quest gear is yellow as well. You can run T2 or T3 instances to get better gear (or get them with ash at the Minas Morgul vendor) but in a couple of weeks we will get new instances, a new raid and maybe new landscape content with purple or blue relics. The best way is to play the content first and get as much currency as possible through weekly quests. Besides that you can run T2 or T3 instances to get to a higher item level.
    But what about the 10,000 Motes I have from Mordor? Is there anything useful I can get with that?

Nope. Maybe exchange to figments and get some cosmetics...

Meh. Thanks anyway

Motes are for the alts now. It's probably too early in the cycle to do more than guess atm.

An analogy that springs to mind:

You bought the Alienware and received the barebones so far, kit will be arriving piecemeal soon enough. You can spend a bit to get it running for now but will have to wait for the full spec.

Others will wait for the Bleak Friday deals in March sometime where they can grab the whole kit off the shelf in the store. Faulty components might have been fixed by then and the full spec details provided. But they don't get to show off their "Alienware" to friends though.

Yeah I appreciate that Relics of Minas Ithil and Embers of Enchantment are the new currency and we'll have to wait a bit for stuff to appear that we can spend them on, hell maybe they'll even give us something more than a travel skill and a dog to spend Sigils of Imlad Ithil on.

My question was more about the Motes of Enchantment and Relics of the Last Alliance that I amassed only a few weeks ago while playing through the Mordor expansion, and what if anything I could spend them on at lvl 130.

I mean if you were between 116 and 120, you could have bartered some gear pieces for Motes. Though I hear what you could get for embers pre-MM (ilvl 380+ blue) has been nerfed somewhat. But the moment you hit 121, you cannot even open those mote-bartered boxes.
    If you got upcoming alts in 112-120 range you could get them a few pieces of gear, I suppose. But for a 130, motes are generally useless

Relics... even more useless (to you)
    You needed to consume them to earn allegiance rep. Except going through Mordor content, you barely got enough to earn rep with a single faction, and not enough to barter any meaningful gear. You could only really start earning those relics in any useful quantity once you finished Mordor content and could grind expediton dailies. By which time you were 115 and could just get a set of 326 Doomfold crafted. In other words, by the time you could actually earn and spend those relics, there was nothing worth spending them on. I still got like 700+ relics as byproduct of grinding the keys. Never spent a single one. I suppose if I am ever leveling an alt, those might come in handy. But with present ILI grind, my chances of leveling any alt past 100 are slim to none.