We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Need some pointers

Heey all,

I recently started playing Lotro again after a very long time and i made a lore master. And i was wondering is there any place where i can find a guide for the rotation, talents, what the stat priority is etc. I've looked for a while but I couldn't really find anything recent. I just feels like I'm pressing random buttons and equipping everything i would like to have some pointers to follow it doesn't need to be very advanced just some basics would be very helpful.

Greetings,
    Orianna Grande

Ok, some basics for questing.

Equipment: LM's a re a Will based class. So usually it is fine when you equip Will stuff. Look out for items with Tactical Mastery and Critical Rating, since they increases your skills damage. Later, finesse becomes important. (Finesse isn't avaliable until later in the game.)

Pets: Are situational. For statrters, Bear is a good tank, Lynx and Bog-Lurker are good damage dealers.

Traits: You can go Red or Blue Line for questing. I've never really played Blue, so I can only tell a bit about Red.
    Note: When you start with your LM, you'll only deal little damage with your own skills. This is a balancing problem. It becomes better wehn you reach lvl 20 or so, and skills do decent damage with lvl 35+. On the other hand, yout pet does stupid amounts of damage early in the game (not so much later).

Early DD Skills:
    Burning Embers is your bread and butter damage skill. Follow it with...
    - Gust of Wind (spreads and intensifies fire DoT), or
    - Lightning Strike (cashes out fire DoT for bonus damage).
    Wizards Fire is a quick, but weak fire attack, which heals you when your pet flanks a target. (When this happens, you hear a signal sound.)
    Blinding Flash sends a mob to sleep. (It wakes up when damaged.) Use it on that pesky archer.
    Cracked Earth does AoE damage, and roots mobs three seconds later. Hit a group of melee mobs with it, then kill them one by one.
    Power of Knowledge: Channeled skill that restores power, and does lightning damage to the foe.
    Bane Flare. Like Blinding Flash, hits multiple mobs around you. Good for that "Oh sh*t I pulled too many" moment.
    Light of the Rising Dawn does decent single target damage, and stuns the opponent. Good to get some breathing room.
    Sticky Gourd: Fire damage (over time). Best if something/someone helds the enemy in place (e.g. bear)
    Lightning Storm (from red line only): Here is where the fun starts. Hits five enemies, can deal insane amounts of damage.

Other skills:
    Sign of Power: Command weakens enemies and doesn't draw aggro, so you can use it on mobs gefore the encounter begins.
    Light of Hope: Heals someone else.
    Knowledge of Cures: Removes wounds etc. from target.
    Wisdom of the Council: Strong self-heal, long cooldown. Often a life-saver.

Endgame: You'll usually be asked to go yellow line (debuffing). Plays completely different. Won't explain it here.