We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Embers barter of Skarhald still requires embers to buy stuff

I have not checked this personally but another person checked it for me. The "adventurers" npc of Skarhald that offers coffers of gear, weapons and essences for embers still require embers for them.

I was planning to buy essences for my 120capped retired chars but these things still cost embers and the price is still ridiculously high. Like, Reclaiming the grey gave 750 embers and now it gives 300 motes, are you serious?

Please change this and reduce the price of the stuff, it's ridicoulus.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that they're aware there's no Barter NPC for 120 toons and they may fix it, since the Skarhald dude and the Hultvis one both trade gear and essences for 121+.

May be they'll correct the NPCs inventory in the next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I was planning to buy essences for my 120capped retired chars but these things still cost embers and the price is still ridiculously high. Like, Reclaiming the grey gave 750 embers and now it gives 300 motes, are you serious?
    If you can make those alts gain one level you can use ilvl 400 green essences for 1500. Vastly better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    If you can make those alts gain one level you can use ilvl 400 green essences for 1500. Vastly better deal.
    So true.

I am going to make another thread but what I'd really wish would be to have a lvl125 crafted gear, then at least I wouldn't bother too much with this issue. I'm going to cap some chars at 125 for personal reasons and spending embers on coffers for that lvl is stupid, I prefer to use vales gear and wait for years when these become to motes.

Anyway, about this thread, I hope it gets fixed soon because the barterer, anyway, it's useless in skarhald. Think about capped kins for example.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

The barter NPC's in Skarhald have gear that is level 121+, which is why it costs embers. To barter for level 120 gear, which costs motes, go to the Boar Fountain in Bree, or the milestone in Galtrev. However, the essences boxes for essences that will slot into level 120 gear still costs embers. That has to be an error IMO.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I am going to make another thread but what I'd really wish would be to have a lvl125 crafted gear, then at least I wouldn't bother too much with this issue. I'm going to cap some chars at 125 for personal reasons and spending embers on coffers for that lvl is stupid, I prefer to use vales gear and wait for years when these become to motes.

Anyway, about this thread, I hope it gets fixed soon because the barterer, anyway, it's useless in skarhald. Think about capped kins for example.
    You cannot expect the game as a whole to compensate for your own individual playstyle....

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The barter NPC's in Skarhald have gear that is level 121+, which is why it costs embers. To barter for level 120 gear, which costs motes, go to the Boar Fountain in Bree, or the milestone in Galtrev. However, the essences boxes for essences that will slot into level 120 gear still costs embers. That has to be an error IMO.
    But embers barter in Skarhald giving 121+ gear is non sense because the area is lvl120. This is a mess and it requires a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Also bear in mind you have to barter motes gear at 120 - at 121 you won't be able to open the box and the gear is BOA (used to be account bound but they changed this for no good reason).

But embers barter in Skarhald giving 121+ gear is non sense because the area is lvl120. This is a mess and it requires a solution.
    Yes, I agree, it's a bit weird, but the solution is to go to Galtrev or Bree - to the "motes" barter NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    Also bear in mind you have to barter motes gear at 120 - at 121 you won't be able to open the box and the gear is BOA (used to be account bound but they changed this for no good reason).
    It hasn't been account bound for a while. When the Vales hit, all coffer gear became BoA, though the actual coffers are still account bound.

I'm not defending it, I'm just letting you guys know where the level 120 motes gear is. Everything in EM/Vales is ember gear, and is min level 121.