We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mending Lore...is it broken?

Just need a quick confirmation here, as I can't seem to find any info one way or the other...

Mending Lore in the yellow tree, is it not supposed to increase outgoing healing by 25% as well as apply the 5% incoming healing buff to Water-Lore? Or is the tool tip wrong and it's doing something else?

Reason I ask is I've noticed that when I'm in yellow tree (before equipping healing gear) my outgoing healing is exactly the same as my solo tree, it doesn't change. My understanding from the tool tip is that is should go up by 25%?

The 5% incoming healing buff applies just fine but I'm at a loss to see any change from the 25% outgoing healing.

Working as intended or broken? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!

Its possible that its just not reflected in the character panel, i know minstrel has quite a few traits that do increase the magnitude of healing skills but dont necessarily increase outgoing healing. Does the amount healed by water-lore increase from untraited to fully traited? If so it is probably a bonus applied to the base healing of the skill before it goes through OGH.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Argonia View Post
    Just need a quick confirmation here, as I can't seem to find any info one way or the other...

Mending Lore in the yellow tree, is it not supposed to increase outgoing healing by 25% as well as apply the 5% incoming healing buff to Water-Lore? Or is the tool tip wrong and it's doing something else?

Reason I ask is I've noticed that when I'm in yellow tree (before equipping healing gear) my outgoing healing is exactly the same as my solo tree, it doesn't change. My understanding from the tool tip is that is should go up by 25%?

The 5% incoming healing buff applies just fine but I'm at a loss to see any change from the 25% outgoing healing.

Working as intended or broken? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!
    Either i don't understand your question or i don't understand why you couldn't check it by yourself.
    It is really easy to check if the OgH component is working or not: just respec. and spend point after point and check the result on water-lore after each point.

Or you can just respec RED, cast Waterlore on a dummy record the value of each pulse of Waterlore, do this for at least 10 cycles. Then switch to Yellow and do the same thing for another ten cycles. If you find that the base heal is not increased by 25%, with Mending lore at rank 5, then submit a ticket fully explaining the issue with supporting documentation, (explain how you derived the information)
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Or you can just respec RED, cast Waterlore on a dummy record the value of each pulse of Waterlore, do this for at least 10 cycles. Then switch to Yellow and do the same thing for another ten cycles. If you find that the base heal is not increased by 25%, with Mending lore at rank 5, then submit a ticket fully explaining the issue with supporting documentation, (explain how you derived the information)
    Like the OP I vaguely feel that I should not have to do this, I subcontract that sort of thing to SSG witn regular payments:-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    It is interesting, but not really useful.
    First: one will have to know what is the "basic healing" of water-lore. And since it is a from-to value you have no really a chance to find it out.
    The second thing is, that this kind of percentage is not additive, which in this case means: each of the 5% is calculated only from the basic heal for itself
    That means: at rank 5 it is not "basic heal" + (basic heal * 0.25) but rather would be "basic heal" + ((basic heal * 0.05) + (basic heal * 0.05) + (basic heal * 0.05) + (basic heal * 0.05) + (basic heal * 0.05)).
    You can not even say "(basic heal * 0.05) * 5" because for each hit the basic heal is calculated by its own. That means: one dot can have 6300 as basic the next one can have 9000 a basic.
    Third thing is: we have at max rank the +5% incoming healing
    Fourth thing: one need to calculate out the crits.

But i tested some things:
    skilled yellow: 75 hots (2m 6,9s); - Healing: 979.5K; HPS: 7.716,0;
    skilled red: 77 hots (2m 15,1s); - Healing: 812.3K; HPS: 6.014,0;

if i take the red a basic then it should be: 812.3 + (40.615*5) = 1.015K

I could say that the difference of 35K is the +2 hots i had in red, if i would know which two it was (and because as they could be a crits)
    Sure i could really notice each and every hots, but i didn't.

Now i can go and just calculate with average values of normal hits:
    skilled yellow: 63 normal hits; average 10.280; min: 8.430; max: 12.033
    skilled red: 60 normal hits ; average: 7.733; min: 6.523; max: 9.142

Now if i calculate with the average value the 25% more healing should be: 7,733 + (386,65 * 5) = 9.666
    I could/would say the difference (10.280 - 9.666 = 614) is really marginal.

I even could calculate with the overall average values of all hits:
    skilled yellow: 75hits; average 13.060; min: 8.430; max: 31.313
    skilled red: 77 hits ; average: 10.549; min: 6.523; max: 23.368

Now if i calculate with the average value the 25% more healing should be: 10.549 + (527,45 * 5) = 13.186
    Again I would say the difference of -126 is really marginal.

Of course the big question is, how the +5% resp. the +10% and the +15% of incoming healing affecting the yellow hits for example on my bear (which i used for the tests)

For me, the skill is working as it should.