We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Displayable mount names

Has this idea ever been kicked around? I would think a lot of Roleplayers would like the idea of showing off their mounts name beneath their own. For example, mine would go something like “Aanadir Bloodblade, astride Maribelle”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech6425 View Post
    Has this idea ever been kicked around? I would think a lot of Roleplayers would like the idea of showing off their mounts name beneath their own. For example, mine would go something like “Aanadir Bloodblade, astride Maribelle”.
    That's not really an RP thing, as displayable names are out of character (RP-wise you're not supposed to know them unless you learn them through actual RP, anything else is metagaming). It's sort of okay with player-characters as you need to be able to reliably recognise them (looks alone just aren't enough in older games like this) but nobody needs to magically know what your mount is called just like that. We're not at a showjumping event

Sometimes you think of a really good/clever name for your horse and would like to show it off. I've had the wish a few times as well, and would think it nice if it could be done.

However, there are far greater things in game that need fixed right now, and I would like to see SSG devote ALL time, energy, and money to fixing old bugs, fixing old instances/raids, ironing out the LI grind, finish balancing classes so that PvMP can be fixed for those who enjoy it, ect and so on. I personally would love to see SSG NOT making any new content but rather pour all resources into fixing old stuff so that new players coming in will find a goldie-oldie game that they can get immersed in, rather than the hot mess Lotro is devolving into, esp at end game.

/signed
    That's all
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I did not know we could name our mounts. Aren't they technically a skill unlike a LM companion, herald, or cosmetic pet that follows you around?

Pets yes, but I never knew we could name our mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I did not know we could name our mounts. Aren't they technically a skill unlike a LM companion, herald, or cosmetic pet that follows you around?

Pets yes, but I never knew we could name our mounts.
    If you look on the little horse menu that pops up with the "dismount" button and horse morale, there's a little default name there and you can right-click to change it.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~