We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladrieth View Post
    Thank you very much for providing these, but they are not working for me

I am on a brand new Win 10 laptop, with DX12. I have tried repeatedly to download DX9 or DX11 using links from the LOTRO forum, but every time I am told I have a newer or equivalent version and can't install the old version. Not sure if that's the real issue, though, as when I try to launch the client, it still tells me the libcef.dll is missing. But I just added your files to my system! I put the x64 files in both the root LOTRO folder and the x64 folder, then the x86 files in the x86 folder.

Please, if anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. I've re-installed LOTRO using the repair option, and no dice. I can choose a server, and then nothing. Tried 32bit version, and still no luck.
    You have to put all files provided in my x86 folder in Lotro's root directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online") and all files provided in my x64 folder in Lotro's x64 directory ( "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online\x64").
    All files provided in my x86 directory have to be in the same folder "lotroclient.exe" can be found in, all files provided in my x64 directory are meant to be used with "lotroclient64.exe" and should thus be put in the same directory this .exe is found in. You've provided both the x86 and the x64 client with the x64 files, if I understand you correctly, probably why the game keeps on complaining for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    That file, for me, can be found directly inside lotro's folder. Twice actually, once for the x86 client and once for the x64 client. Sounds like something with the game installation went wrong for you, as this .dll belongs to a tool that offers browser functionality to other programs, meaning the .dll is most likely responsible for lotro's ingame store and support functionalities.

I've uploaded both the x86 and the x64 version of the .dll included in my game's installation for you to try if it helps. Put the x86 version into "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online" (or whatever else your installation folder is, you're looking for the folder containing the lotroclient.exe as well) and the x64 version into "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online\x64" (the folder with the lotroclient64.exe).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w

Edit: Nvm, seen your answers. Good luck with reinstall, still gonna leave this here, in case it might help someone.
    I tried everything suggested including all of the directx suggestions. This worked, these files copied into the correct folder got me going.

Thanks Silver!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Thank you SilverRider!!

Just to be clear, and you must copy the contents of x86 folder and drop those files in the main Lord of The Rings folder (without the x86 folder). I tried this both ways, with the x86 folder in the main LOTRO folder and it still didn't fix it. Then I copied and pasted the files ONLY in the LOTRO folder. Then x64 folder also gets copied to the main folder. Thanks so much for this, and I'm hoping that at the least this thread is stickied, and hopefully SSG will add these files to the install for the future folks.

Big THANK YOU!! goes to SilverRider! Thank you sir!

Silverrider, This is the Way!

Download his x86 stuff, stick it in your main folder. Download the x64 stuff, stick it in the x64 bit folder. Poof, done and it works finally.

Thank you!
    Sholeh

i menage coppy all dll stuff in game and its work ty man i allmost broke my pc picose windows 10 1909 piss me off after 3 days reinstaling more then 3 times windows and game and direct x 9,10,11,12 i try all version

Included all those files I could find in my (working) installation of lotro in the folder I've linked before (gonna relink at post bottom). Again, both x86 and x64. Easier and faster than to download and install DDO I think

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w
    This and/or disabling my onboard graphics card got me running. Thanks!
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Thumbs up

Included all those files I could find in my (working) installation of lotro in the folder I've linked before (gonna relink at post bottom). Again, both x86 and x64. Easier and faster than to download and install DDO I think

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w
    Smooth move - I appreciate this, 32b/64b clients working again!

You have to put all files provided in my x86 folder in Lotro's root directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online") and all files provided in my x64 folder in Lotro's x64 directory ( "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online\x64").
    All files provided in my x86 directory have to be in the same folder "lotroclient.exe" can be found in, all files provided in my x64 directory are meant to be used with "lotroclient64.exe" and should thus be put in the same directory this .exe is found in. You've provided both the x86 and the x64 client with the x64 files, if I understand you correctly, probably why the game keeps on complaining for you.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to upload those files. My friend can finally play now after 2 days of non-stop trying every fix involved regarding VS C++, DirectX, etc etc. In the end, it was all about the missing files. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo21 View Post
    For me I was getting no DLL errors until I tried booting the client up. The missing dlls I replaced and then I started getting the "0xc00007b" error. I have tried everything including getting the game directly from the website and I get the same errors over and over.
    I have done everything in this thread. Game still disappears when you try to start. When I try to run the client, I get the same error as Sammo21. 0xc00007b

No idea what I can do at this point...

Edit and Update: I installed LOTRO on a 2nd PC in my house, and it does the exact same thing.
    Last edited by BankerBill; Jan 11 2020 at 09:04 PM.

Thumbs up

Thank you so very much for the help! That was precisely the problem. Of course, the resolution was so far off when I started that I couldn't choose a character or any menu options. Fortunately, that proved an easy fix, which I shall share for anyone else having trouble:

I opened UserPreferences in C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online and scrolled through until I found a line referring to resolution. All I had to do was change the numbers to match my screen, and now everything seems to be working!

Absolutely absurd that LOTRO hasn't fixed this issue, but I am super grateful that the LOTRO community has once again proven to be amazingly helpful. What a relief to have it running at last.

11. Jan 12 2020, 05:22 AM

Hi, i am having same problem. i downloaded the game this morning and nothing happens after i log in and pick a server to join, i tried everything suggested here and in other post on how to install without issues and still getting same problem. However when i place the files provided in this post i get my game to run but then lotro store wont work no matter what i try and i kinda need it to work....

Same problems, same environment, but after several from-scratch reinstalls I'm getting a message that the game is already running. It's not. "Bring to front" does nothing, either. There are no processes (other than the launcher) that correspond to any LOTRO executables.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000143291/01006/signature.png]Rhadiel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    Hi, i am having same problem. i downloaded the game this morning and nothing happens after i log in and pick a server to join, i tried everything suggested here and in other post on how to install without issues and still getting same problem. However when i place the files provided in this post i get my game to run but then lotro store wont work no matter what i try and i kinda need it to work....
    Have you tried using external browser?

Go to lotro ingame settings, search for "External Store", activate it. It'll make lotro store use another browser instead of the built-in one lotro offers, while offering close to the same functionality.

That file, for me, can be found directly inside lotro's folder. Twice actually, once for the x86 client and once for the x64 client. Sounds like something with the game installation went wrong for you, as this .dll belongs to a tool that offers browser functionality to other programs, meaning the .dll is most likely responsible for lotro's ingame store and support functionalities.

I've uploaded both the x86 and the x64 version of the .dll included in my game's installation for you to try if it helps. Put the x86 version into "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online" (or whatever else your installation folder is, you're looking for the folder containing the lotroclient.exe as well) and the x64 version into "C:\Program Files\Lord of the Rings Online\x64" (the folder with the lotroclient64.exe).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR..._uvJpAkWiMkS2w

Edit: Nvm, seen your answers. Good luck with reinstall, still gonna leave this here, in case it might help someone.
    This fixed it. Thank you so much for helping us. Really weird that with this happening to multiple people they wouldn't fix it in the install.

Have you tried using external browser?

Go to lotro ingame settings, search for "External Store", activate it. It'll make lotro store use another browser instead of the built-in one lotro offers, while offering close to the same functionality.
    Yes i tried and i get same black window same as in game store
    Last edited by Vaske1984; Jan 13 2020 at 04:43 AM.

Stand alone installer download problem and steam launching problem

Hey, I am having huge problems with instaling the game on my new Lap top, new win 10 too and problems similar as yours .
    Stand alone installer is acting funny and is resetting while downloading, and steam one downloaded but the game won't launch.
    Think I noticed is that when I was installing the game with sssg installer is that there is no more downloading from akamai
    above 2 download boxes. I have even reinstalled win 10 that was installed day ago becouse of the game and tried to download
    and fix stuff in many ways. Point is I like playing this game, like many of you, and this is something that needs to be fixed but not
    on our end. I am not saying this because I spent money on the game like expansions and sub but becouse any game representative or busines
    should at least reply something like we are working on it, maybe I am wrong but I haven't seen blue name in any of the responses, so if any of the developers is
    reading this pls say if it's problem known to you and something you are working on fixing or is it because we are doing something wrong.

Can any devs please reply? I mean come on the game install is broken.....ffs when i decide to play lotro even when i said i wont play it until they fix LI grind i still cannot because of stuff like this....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    Can any devs please reply? I mean come on the game install is broken.....ffs when i decide to play lotro even when i said i wont play it until they fix LI grind i still cannot because of stuff like this....sigh....
    The installer is not broken, but it is missing the appropriate DirectX installer to make LOTRO work in Windows 10.

Since Windows 7 is officially dead tomorrow (1/14/2020), and few run Windows 8/8.1 ever since 10 became stable, SSG should include the correct DirectX installer with their download. I think SSG is betting on most people having already playing quite a few other games and have gone through various DX9 installers on their system already.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    The installer is not broken, but it is missing the appropriate DirectX installer to make LOTRO work in Windows 10.

Since Windows 7 is officially dead tomorrow (1/14/2020), and few run Windows 8/8.1 ever since 10 became stable, SSG should include the correct DirectX installer with their download. I think SSG is betting on most people having already playing quite a few other games and have gone through various DX9 installers on their system already.
    I tried to install directx but i get a message that everything is up to date

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post

You're right. It's not the installer that's broken, it's some files the installer would have to download that are missing on their servers right now that they should include again, so not every player doing a fresh install of the game has to find someone able and willing to upload the files for them to manually include into their installation of the game. The DirectX problem in itself could be solved just like you suggested, but that is not the only problem going on here right now.

Okay so i found a directx 9 to install, it added some missing dlls and stuff, i am gonna try and download the game again and see how that goes.

Yeah still same thing, launch the game, log in and pick the server and then just nothing.....i had a backup clean install of the game so i did not have to download it again.

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    We identified a missing symlink on our Akamai host that would prevent various CEF related files from patching. This is a separate issue from the previous Steam issue, but would result in a non-functional client either way for fresh installs. Affected clients should automatically patch the missing required files the next time the Launcher is started.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    We identified a missing symlink on our Akamai host that would prevent various CEF related files from patching. This is a separate issue from the previous Steam issue, but would result in a non-functional client either way for fresh installs. Affected clients should automatically patch the missing required files the next time the Launcher is started.
    Good to hear, thanks for fixing this on your end!

26. Jan 14 2020, 04:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Hmm well this is weird, lotro never installed Akamai to begin with, so my game still wont start nor update, and i downloaded the whole game this morning

Okay i used files that Silverrider posted and all is working for me, finally i can play!
    Last edited by Vaske1984; Jan 14 2020 at 06:28 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast