We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

decoy vs deadly decoy

Hello,

I was gifted a timecard for the holidays and now find that my Decoy suddenly converted to a Deadly Decoy.

Is there a way to use the regular version instead of the self-destruct one? Can the set bonus be unequipped somehow?

I got used to relying on more than 15 seconds of distraction. Ha! Now the mobs just go at me a bit angrier. Why, you hunter with your blasted decoy, we'll show you!

I guess, if need be, I'll have to learn a new strategy. All part of the challenge.
    Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonoso View Post
    Hello,

I was gifted a timecard for the holidays and now find that my Decoy suddenly converted to a Deadly Decoy.

Is there a way to use the regular version instead of the self-destruct one? Can the set bonus be unequipped somehow?

I got used to relying on more than 15 seconds of distraction. Ha! Now the mobs just go at me a bit angrier. Why, you hunter with your blasted decoy, we'll show you!

I guess, if need be, I'll have to learn a new strategy. All part of the challenge.
    Thanks all.
    Put down deadly decoy before you start the fight, build up focus, place a trap then engage. By the time the monsters come, the decoy will blow up shortly after getting to your decoy.

Yellow trait tree needs rework

No, unfortunately you have to adapt your playstyle. unless you decide to only put 4 points in your trait tree and forgo putting anymore points in your trait tree.
    As a yellow line hunter, Decoy gets "upgraded" to Deadly decoy when you have 5+ points in the trait tree (any tree) and you need to be yellow line in order to have the Decoy skill unlocked.

We have said for years that the Yellow line needs significant rework to bring the line close to the utility of red/blue line.