We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sigils cannot be Traded for one Relic

The Patch notes say "50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil can now be traded for one Relic of Minas Ithil." this is not the case its other way around one Relic of Minas Ithil for 50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Whoops!

I do hope that is a bug lol, the last thing anyone needs is a way to trade for . . . . more sigils.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    The Patch notes say "50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil can now be traded for one Relic of Minas Ithil." this is not the case its other way around one Relic of Minas Ithil for 50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil.
    MAJOR disappointment. I HOPE it's an error and will be corrected so that we can now spend 50 sigils for the Relics of Minas Ithil.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    MAJOR disappointment. I HOPE it's an error and will be corrected so that we can now spend 50 sigils for the Relics of Minas Ithil.
    Oh no! That's dissapointing!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Whoops! I do hope that is a bug lol, the last thing anyone needs is a way to trade for . . . . more sigils.
    This! Who in their right mind would give away reputation items for currency that is already capped most of the time and for which you can barter nothing useful whatsoever?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    It's that English thing....

"50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil can now be traded FOR one Relic of Minas Ithil"
    "A bottle of beer can now be bought FOR two Dollars".

Nasty Englishes Languages, it trickses us!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

The one thing that looked good on the patch and already its a disappointment.

Such thing clearly show up what developers don't care about players, ignore many topics about useless currency and just give us even more useless currency.

Sorry about that, will correct shortly.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Yeah we don't need MORE ways to get a currency we're already throwing away. The crafting "update" is also disappointing. Just a copy-paste of everything with steeper requirements, "elite" added to the name and a few more item levels.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

When I read the patch notes, I thought: Wow, a good solution.
    When I saw reality, I thought: Wow, sarcasm in form of a computer program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Phew Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirandiel View Post
    Yeah we don't need MORE ways to get a currency we're already throwing away. The crafting "update" is also disappointing. Just a copy-paste of everything with steeper requirements, "elite" added to the name and a few more item levels.
    Was anyone actually expecting anything "good" to be added to crafting? At this point, it's a lost cause, and not worth getting excited over no matter what is said about it in any patch notes.

Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Was anyone actually expecting anything "good" to be added to crafting? At this point, it's a lost cause, and not worth getting excited over no matter what is said about it in any patch notes.
    Yeah, this "update" to crafting is making me irrationally angry. I should have expected this, but I somehow thought they might add a more diverse set of recipes, like adding crafted blue pieces for the armor slots that aren't a helmet. Did they at least increase the shard drop rate or the ithil box drop rate?

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Aha, so the way it works in the game is "as intended", as you just changed the patch notes...

One Relic of Minas Ithil can now be traded for 50 Sigils of Imlad Ithil.

It is confusing:

In the game, the LEFT column is always what you get, and the RIGHT column is what you give up for it..... so I can see the confusion. Patch notes should probably be worded similarly, where the thing you GET is on the LEFT of the sentence, and what you give up on the RIGHT.

But.... English is my second language, so I could be completely wrong on that.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is: "Trading <item here> will now receive <receiving item here>" or something similar.... because this all tricksed us!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrax View Post
    Yeah, this "update" to crafting is making me irrationally angry. I should have expected this, but I somehow thought they might add a more diverse set of recipes, like adding crafted blue pieces for the armor slots that aren't a helmet. Did they at least increase the shard drop rate or the ithil box drop rate?
    I highly doubt it. I've given up on being enthusiastic over crafting, because, like you are now, I got fed up with the constant disappointment. Now I only expect the worst, and often, that's exactly what we get.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    I'm actually a bit upset about it. I literally only had 2 tailor recipes to go, the Heavy Cloak, which I typically don't need anyways because I mostly level agility/will classes, and one of the Coif recipes, and with todays weekly quest I would probably get those..... Now I am faced with having to trade a whole new set.

Is this just to keep the players busy? Let's just up the item level a bit, and throw 15 more tailor recipes at you?
    And again THREE shards needed per recipe. At least reduce the previous set to ONE shard....
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I'm actually a bit upset about it. I literally only had 2 tailor recipes to go, the Heavy Cloak, which I typically don't need anyways because I mostly level agility/will classes, and one of the Coif recipes, and with todays weekly quest I would probably get those..... Now I am faced with having to trade a whole new set.

Is this just to keep the players busy? Let's just up the item level a bit, and throw 15 more tailor recipes at you?
    And again THREE shards needed per recipe. At least reduce the previous set to ONE shard....
    Do what I'm gonna do - ignore the new ones. Those extra few stats are not needed, so just go with the ones you've already got. Getting the new ones is a futile thing to do - they will be replaced with other recipes or ember/lootbox gear sooner than we can blink. It's getting to the point now where the best time to buy an expac is about 6 months after it launches. By then everything will have been upgraded three or four times and there will be a 4th/5th generation of essence.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Do what I'm gonna do - ignore the new ones. Those extra few stats are not needed, so just go with the ones you've already got. Getting the new ones is a futile thing to do - they will be replaced with other recipes or ember/lootbox gear sooner than we can blink. It's getting to the point now where the best time to buy an expac is about 6 months after it launches. By then everything will have been upgraded three or four times and there will be a 4th/5th generation of essence.
    Yeah. I'm sure the teal armor pieces are going to become available with the next level 130 zone, as well as those essences.....

I'm currently leveling my minstrel. Level 124, and I literally still doing the Dale area. I plan to do all zones from Mordor onwards. I kind of over-yuled with this character during the 100% exp bonus week, and because I had racked up tons of perks exp, and I was filling it up every few days or so, I leveled like every 2 yule days..... LOL. No matter, I'll finish the quests in Dale, Erebor, the Ironfold, etc... Vales, all the way up to Minas Morgul. I might hit 130 before I get to Mordor Besieged.
    -----

This means that a 'Brown Wolf Dog' = 10.7142857 'Black Wolf Dogs'.

Very strange.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    This means that a 'Brown Wolf Dog' = 10.7142857 'Black Wolf Dogs'.

Very strange.

1 Brown Wolf Dogs are worth the same as 10 Black Wolf Dogs and 1 puppy?

That's racism!
    -----

Hotfix incoming tomorrow so we can trade those useless sigils for something people could actually use?

The morale of the story: if it sounds too good to be true it usually is... shame on you SSG for taking the easy way out yet again.

Are you kidding?

The community was excited that we may finally be able to use our 999 account wide sigils for something but nah pal, why do something good. Lets just correct the patch notes to highlight we're all a bunch of clowns for thinking any sigils stuff would be an improvement and not more absolute wombletown.

I'm usually not the one to be really angry about decisions in this game (just dissappointed now and then), but this just baffles me. I even didn't notice the error when sneaking into live to see if the barter had this option available. To be honest I was thinking about if it was a disappointment or not that we'd only the 200 points relic instead of the 1.000 (or even 2.000) one…

But seriously??? Topic after topic about the unique fact of a total useless landscape currency, one which we can pile up hundreds per week easily on one toon, and you're letting us turn in an actually somewhat useful item for MORE useless Sigils?

At the risk of sounding very naïve: I really, really suspect an error from a dev here, and that the initial Patch Notes were correct, and that Cordovan just edited the notes to reflect what he reads on the forums about it. Here's to hoping for a hotfix, or at least the 25.2.1 patch which is now on BR...

Quote Originally Posted by keylime View Post
    Are you kidding?

The community was excited that we may finally be able to use our 999 account wide sigils for something but nah pal, why do something good. Lets just correct the patch notes to highlight we're all a bunch of clowns for thinking any sigils stuff would be an improvement and not more absolute wombletown.
    I really hope that this some kind of misguided bad joke. I'm sitting on 999 sigils for weeks now, because anything even remotely useful or even good looking is already in my possesion, and then I'm supposed to get even MORE of that bullsh**?
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast