We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

premium housing suggestion

Hello guys!
    I have a quick suggestion about the premium housing system and what happens if you lose your home.
    I bought a premium house a while ago but unfortunately due to life and my father passing away, I ended up taking a hiatus from the game for a while. I came back and found my house is gone and I only received partial housing writs as a refund...which kind of stinks since I can't afford to buy the difference in writs, they're a lot of points. The premium housing can be kinda pricey so I'm hoping that maybe the team can consider giving out full writ refunds if someone ends up gone for a bit as I'm not sure how many people would be willing to double buy a house anyway.

Signed. Why would you not get your full writs back? Particularly when most people pay real money for these houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    Signed. Why would you not get your full writs back? Particularly when most people pay real money for these houses.
    yup xwx I'm pretty sure, at least back when the housing was released, I paid like $10-$15 for it since I had no mithrill at the time.
    It just sucks because with everything that goes on in peoples lives and work, sometimes we just don't have time or forget to log on and pay upkeep

If I pay real money for a house, I expect to own that house for the entire life of the game. No lifetime ownership, no real money from me. Even when writs went on deep discount I passed.

Star Wars: The Old Republic does housing right. I can own one of every type of house. Once unlocked, I own a house for the life of the game. Each house exists as an independent instance. (The 'neighborhood' system puts too many limitations on house size and hook options.)
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by SophieTheEnchantress View Post
    If I pay real money for a house, I expect to own that house for the entire life of the game. No lifetime ownership, no real money from me. Even when writs went on deep discount I passed.

Star Wars: The Old Republic does housing right. I can own one of every type of house. Once unlocked, I own a house for the life of the game. Each house exists as an independent instance. (The 'neighborhood' system puts too many limitations on house size and hook options.)
    /signed!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by SophieTheEnchantress View Post

That's how it should be. I can understand why maybe they don't want to keep houses attached to accounts that aren't active for a while, all the unused houses of accounts who aren't active are a waste of server space and releasing them after a time of inactivity keeps the servers from having 2358264634573 housing neighborhoods....but people who do come back should come back to full writ refunds in case they want to purchase another house. I shouldn't be having to scramble for space because I'm trying to fit all the stuff I put in my premium house in my brand new bree land home that only has one chest...and I shouldn't have to throw out my furniture either, I put work into that and some of them are quest rewards that I can't get back.
    It's hard enough come back and trying to figure out all of whats new, I have no idea what's going on anymore XD

This is the reason I will never buy a premium house. By all means, remove a "purchased" house from any inactive player, but for full writ refund, not part refund. It's not as if the player is getting their money back, its just game currency. To hold some of it back is wrong IMO.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This is the reason I will never buy a premium house. By all means, remove a "purchased" house from any inactive player, but for full writ refund, not part refund. It's not as if the player is getting their money back, its just game currency. To hold some of it back is wrong IMO.
    YES. I'm trying to get used to all the new stuff, that's hard as is, but the irritatation I have that I'm one friggin writ away from getting my house back is...ugh xwx

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Inwitari View Post
    Hello guys!
    I have a quick suggestion about the premium housing system and what happens if you lose your home.
    I bought a premium house a while ago but unfortunately due to life and my father passing away, I ended up taking a hiatus from the game for a while. I came back and found my house is gone and I only received partial housing writs as a refund...which kind of stinks since I can't afford to buy the difference in writs, they're a lot of points. The premium housing can be kinda pricey so I'm hoping that maybe the team can consider giving out full writ refunds if someone ends up gone for a bit as I'm not sure how many people would be willing to double buy a house anyway.
    Just some small information. In case You are trying to earn back LP to buy MC for again or writs or straight up buy writs or MC for money etc, know that Rohan housing is upcoming. When Rohan areas are released on Legendary Servers they will also work on introducing Rohan housing (also premium I think). They will not be ready at the same time as Rohan release but sometimes after that. Just so You don't waste all money, LP, MC, writs etc on a Belfalas house, then see the Rohan housing released and regret the purchase.

Otherwise I agree with You that a full refund should be done. That would be good customer relations in my opinion. Although it is also clearly advertised if I remember correctly to watch out to not let rent run out if You are not VIP anymore etc. I know I have read that somewhere (not sure where though) and although I don't have a premium house I knew about it. I even thought You would get nothing back. That being said, a full refund when that happens would be the best of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Just some small information. In case You are trying to earn back LP to buy MC for again or writs or straight up buy writs or MC for money etc, know that Rohan housing is upcoming. When Rohan areas are released on Legendary Servers they will also work on introducing Rohan housing (also premium I think). They will not be ready at the same time as Rohan release but sometimes after that. Just so You don't waste all money, LP, MC, writs etc on a Belfalas house, then see the Rohan housing released and regret the purchase.

Otherwise I agree with You that a full refund should be done. That would be good customer relations in my opinion. Although it is also clearly advertised if I remember correctly to watch out to not let rent run out if You are not VIP anymore etc. I know I have read that somewhere (not sure where though) and although I don't have a premium house I knew about it. I even thought You would get nothing back. That being said, a full refund when that happens would be the best of course.
    oh cool! I'll have to check that out.
    I must have missed it then. I can't remember seeing anything about what would happen if you lose your home so I guess I just figured they would send your writs back since those houses cost actual money and refunding writs wouldn't be so bad since it's just store credit...not even that really since it's only good for houses XD

/signed I agree with this, never understood why when abandon a Premium house you only get part of it back, made no sense to me, you should get your writs in full.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    /signed I agree with this, never understood why when abandon a Premium house you only get part of it back, made no sense to me, you should get your writs in full.

I'd hazard a guess that it was done to prevent people from just changing their houses as often as their socks. Like a penalty, when you choose to make a change.

There's a lot of other ways they could have put that in place without involving taking away things people have paid for.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that it was done to prevent people from just changing their houses as often as their socks. Like a penalty, when you choose to make a change.

There's a lot of other ways they could have put that in place without involving taking away things people have paid for.
    If that's their concern then they could work on a way to keep people from buying too many premium houses in a certain time period. Like once you buy one you can't go buy another for 5 months or something like that.
    Or they could at least lower their prices for writs. I could go on another game with a more advanced housing system and pay less for a house there that I never have a chance of losing, no matter how long I'm gone xwx