We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best stats for Beornings?

I have a l.130 Beorning currently just starting on the Minas Morgul dailies, where he is struggling to survive in Red build. The object is to train him up as a Heal Bear for raiding, but in the meantime he has to survive as a DPS. My dilemma is not knowing what gear and especially what stats to go for, particularly as far as essences are concerned. I have filled the few slots now available to me with Physical Mastery essences, but this may have been a mistake.

So, any suggestions on a decent build and gear for a l.130 Beorning hoping to eventually make it as a healer, but having in the meantime to survive in melee?

Healing stat priorities are identical for all healing classes. In order of importance:

1) Critical Rating. Keep in mind there's no cap for critical magnitude, meaning the absolute value of your critical/devastating heals. You can literally slot exclusively critical rating essences for decent healing.
    2) Outgoing Healing Rating. Caps at 70%. Increased through plain essences or tactical mastery rating, which is increased by might or plain essences. I would advise against the latter.

Speaking specifically of healing beornings, they do offer some extras to the group aside from green numbers. For those you will need:

3) Finesse to make your debuffs consistent (armour crush, bees, piercing roar being the key factors here).
    4) Mitigations & Morale to increase your sturdiness by allowing you to stay in melee range of mobs, which is essential for building wrath, survive instead of avoid splash damage to hold position, rotation and sacrifice or occasionally off tank (for a short while) using vigilant roar to keep your tank or a squishy fellow safe.

All gear enhancing your healing is pretty useful for your solo DpS build.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums
    The Aegean Eagles Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    Healing stat priorities are identical for all healing classes. In order of importance:

1) Critical Rating. Keep in mind there's no cap for critical magnitude, meaning the absolute value of your critical/devastating heals. You can literally slot exclusively critical rating essences for decent healing.
    2) Outgoing Healing Rating. Caps at 70%. Increased through plain essences or tactical mastery rating, which is increased by might or plain essences. I would advise against the latter.

Speaking specifically of healing beornings, they do offer some extras to the group aside from green numbers. For those you will need:

3) Finesse to make your debuffs consistent (armour crush, bees, piercing roar being the key factors here).
    4) Mitigations & Morale to increase your sturdiness by allowing you to stay in melee range of mobs, which is essential for building wrath, survive instead of avoid splash damage to hold position, rotation and sacrifice or occasionally off tank (for a short while) using vigilant roar to keep your tank or a squishy fellow safe.

All gear enhancing your healing is pretty useful for your solo DpS build.
    Thank you, Demosthenes!

Very much appreciated, the best and most succinct advice for Beorning healing I have yet come across!