We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You took the ember gear boost way too far!

Why did u make the ember gear stronger than T5 instance gear?? For those who have been working on doing T5, it's just a slap in the face to add such strong gear that can be bought for REAL MONEY! You took ember gear from being on pair with T2 content, and made it better than T5.. WHY?

I returned now to play the new 6 mans, and I had a really good time! And was thinking that you finally did a really good job. Then I see these strong teal parts coming from ember boxes, just wow.. Ember boxes should not be stronger than T2+, and definitely not stronger than any T5 loot!

I think it's such an ugly practise, to make the p2w non-existent at release, then you sneak it in several months later.

You took away all reason to do t5 3mans.. GJ!

Ember gear should not be so useful as long as you monetize it! Skipping 5 tiers for real money is just a scummy move, especially for those who took the time to earn it.

I hope we see news articles about this, because this is just heavily p2w.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 24 2020 at 07:10 PM.

My main problem is that embers allow you a full set of teals while instances only give you a couple of pieces

The great thing about early MM loot was that several different types of content yielded BIS pieces..now it's farm harrowing/shadowroost on every character for purples to turn into embers

I have full embers gear on my main and a couple pieces on an alt without opening a single lootbox, that's not the issue imho. Embers drop plenty, but since we now disenchant everything other than 3man t5 teals and 6man teals we are now running the most farm efficient content exclusively rather than a lot of different types of instances where each yield one or 2 pieces that you need

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    My main problem is that embers allow you a full set of teals while instances only give you a couple of pieces

The great thing about early MM loot was that several different types of content yielded BIS pieces..now it's farm harrowing/shadowroost on every character for purples to turn into embers

I have full embers gear on my main and a couple pieces on an alt without opening a single lootbox, that's not the issue imho. Embers drop plenty, but since we now disenchant everything other than 3man t5 teals and 6man teals we are now running the most farm efficient content exclusively rather than a lot of different types of instances where each yield one or 2 pieces that you need
    Agree with that. Im late to the party, lucky i saved alot of dwarrowgleam-shards that i can just turn in to Embers in Skarhald with 7 chars. Didnt opened any lootbox either (filtered them since you couldnt get any black steel key from questing, dale-lands).
    Last edited by HeliStorm; Jan 24 2020 at 06:49 PM.

As you can buy embers for real money, the system should be there like an introduction, or slight boost for new instances.. NOTHING MORE. Right now, the gear is so strong it can easily be used to get a character raid ready. Without even stepping your foot inside the new instances!
    1. Nerf the gear, or buff the gear in T2+
    2. Remove Embers from lootboxes.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 24 2020 at 07:13 PM.

There is nothing wrong with 407 teal gear from boxes, and as I skipped all purple instance gear grind and leveled alts instead, Im happy.

However, t2-onwards should drop something extra to this, or all those that do bother to grind these, get otherwise a big fat slap on their faces. As the embers boxes now give 407 teal, perhaps make t2 give like, 409 gear, t3 411, and so on. Should be easy enough to implement.

I agree that those that bother to run the content should be rewarded for something extra, not too much, but something, and certainly not inferior stuff compared to ember box express way, like it now seems to be.

Another option is to remove Embers from loot boxes and make this just another pure ingame currency, but we all know thats not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Why did u make the ember gear stronger than T5 instance gear?? For those who have been working on doing T5, it's just a slap in the face to add such strong gear that can be bought for REAL MONEY! You took ember gear from being on pair with T2 content, and made it better than T5.. WHY?

I returned now to play the new 6 mans, and I had a really good time! And was thinking that you finally did a really good job. Then I see these strong teal parts coming from ember boxes, just wow.. Ember boxes should not be stronger than T2+, and definitely not stronger than any T5 loot!

I think it's such an ugly practise, to make the p2w non-existent at release, then you sneak it in several months later.

You took away all reason to do t5 3mans.. GJ!

Ember gear should not be so useful as long as you monetize it! Skipping 5 tiers for real money is just a scummy move, especially for those who took the time to earn it.

I hope we see news articles about this, because this is just heavily p2w.

The box gear is not that great tbh. Did you check the vitality loss you will have equipping all those pieces? The t5 pieces even without slot on some pieces have way more vitality and since you need enough morale to be able to do any t3 new instances i think its not that brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaclaus View Post
    The box gear is not that great tbh. Did you check the vitality loss you will have equipping all those pieces? The t5 pieces even without slot on some pieces have way more vitality and since you need enough morale to be able to do any t3 new instances i think its not that brilliant
    Agreed, the ember gear is OK it's not great, especially if you go all embers. Where was the OP's rage at the teal craft gear?
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Embers gear should be strong because it takes time for normal players to acquire it, and it's not cheap for p2w players. It only makes sense if it's strong. Plus, embers gear will not be constantly updated, so it will very likely become a weak alternative to gear released later.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    Agreed, the ember gear is OK it's not great, especially if you go all embers. Where was the OP's rage at the teal craft gear?
    Yeah, the crafted 422 pieces are also way too powerful.. Ember gear is stronger than a lot of T5 pieces, what are u smoking? And yes it's less vitality, but also essence slots in all of them.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 25 2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Embers gear should be strong because it takes time for normal players to acquire it, and it's not cheap for p2w players. It only makes sense if it's strong.
    If it takes time for normal players to aquire it they need to farm instances, then the instances should drop that gear.. There shouldnt be a need to farm instances > Deconstruct the gear you get > Buy new gear for embers.. What kind of horrible system is that lol?? Gear that drops from instances should be powerful enough to just equip it! Such a stupid reasoning coming from you.

Isn't it better that instances reward players directly from drops, instead of the need to deconstruct the gear you get rather than just equip it and be done with it?
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 25 2020 at 09:04 AM.

If it takes time for normal players to aquire it they need to farm instances, then the instances should drop that gear.. There shouldnt be a need to farm instances > Deconstruct the gear you get > Buy new gear for embers.. What kind of horrible system is that lol?? Gear that drops from instances should be powerful enough to just equip it! Such a stupid reasoning coming from you.

Isn't it better that instances reward players directly from drops, instead of the need to deconstruct the gear you rather than just equip it and be done with it?
    Well, I haven't seen the embers gear, but I would expect it to be somewhere between 6-man gear and raid gear. I edited my post to say that they are the embers gear for L130, unlikely to be changed in the future. On the other hand, I fully expect them to come out with better essences in several steps and probably upgradable raid gear. So in the end, top players will be way above embers level.

Otherwise, I agree with you that the way it's done is kinda stupid.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Whare can i trade dwarrowgleam shards for embers....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HalBaudin View Post

Thanks
    You can't AFAIK. There used to be a quest where we could craft items with those shards and turn them in for embers, but I presume (maybe wrongly) that turning in that quest now, rewards motes.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    You can't AFAIK. There used to be a quest where we could craft items with those shards and turn them in for embers, but I presume (maybe wrongly) that turning in that quest now, rewards motes.
    Yes you can, did it a few days ago with all my chars. Skarhald

Thanks
    Mozhek in Skarhald still offers a weekly Craft for Embers quest - turn in 7 Ember-worthy crafts, each taking one shard.

Recipe is auto bestowed, you get 1000 embers upon completion.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Thanks, but where ....have many dwarrowgleam shards...am in skarhald.....no place i can confirm whete u can barter ?

Thanks, but where ....have many dwarrowgleam shards...am in skarhald.....no place i can confirm whete u can barter ?
    There's an npc that gives a quest. Craft for embers or something

Click on Mozhek and accept Craft for Embers quest. You will have to craft 7 items, the recipe is under Processing if you have Ironfold crafting opened.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    Click on Mozhek and accept Craft for Embers quest. You will have to craft 7 items, the recipe is under Processing if you have Ironfold crafting opened.
    Mozhek is next to the NPC who gives the Skarhald daily instance quests, near the Skarhald stable master. 1000 embers per week but you need 7 dwarrowgleam shards.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...of_Enchantment

At the bottom of that page is a list of repeatable quests that earn embers. Most of the 120 level quests on that list are out of date and offer motes now, but the Craft for Embers quest still offers 1000 embers per week, but needs 7 dwarrowgleam shards per week for the quest.

Side note: The Skarhald daily instance quests have changed slightly. You used to need to complete 20 daily instance quests to earn one dwarrowgleam shard, and could do that twice per week per character. The devs changed that to 10 daily instance quests to receive one shard, twice per week, per character. I ran some Skarhald daily instances earlier this week and can confirm 10 Sharhald daily instance quests earns one shard.

There are currently NO ember rewards at Hultvis that I can find.

In Minas Morgul:
    Complete all four of the original daily instances (Harrowing, Shadow Roost, Deep Barrow & Filth Well) for 500 embers once per week.
    Complete any 10 daily instance quests for 500 embers per week.
    Complete any 8 small group quests on the linked list for 500 embers per week. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...Threats_Quests
    There is a Quartermaster NPC in the Echad Uial camp that offers a weekly "trade 100 sigils for 500 embers" quest, BUT you need to complete the "Reclaiming Minas Ithil IV" reputation deed BEFORE the NPC will offer this quest. The Quartermaster NPC is on the OPPOSITE side of the Echad Uial camp from the Blazon.

That's a total of 3000 embers per week from repeatable quests. One of the options is for small groups, so 2500 embers a week is possible from repeatable solo quests.

As for the level 130 teal ember boxes, I can confirm that the teal offence armour pieces do have less Vit compared to purple crafted armour, I haven't looked closely at the teal defence armour pieces or any of the teal jewellery pieces. With the current low drop rate for Ithilharn shards, and the need for multiple shards for crafted armour and jewellery, getting ember armour and jewellery and using shards for essences does look like the most cost effective way to go, but it may not give the best stat build.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    (...) Complete all four of the original daily instances (Harrowing, Shadow Roost, Deep Barrow & Filth Well) for 500 embers once per week. (...)
    Great and informative post! Just have a tiny correction - you don't need all four 3mans to do this quest, *any* MM instance completion will advance the state of the quest, including the new 6mans or running a single instance four times.

The ash grind and the gear quality is definitely designed such that people will think about buying. Again VIPs are on the same level here and have to pay for convenience too.
    BTW, we also have a new essence tier that requires solvents again, which have no reliable ingame source at all.

Those boxes are nice at the moment and had to been introduced since the start of the expansion.New T3 and T5 instances gives better gear than those right now anyway.Even the crafted neck is useless at the moment even if you made the latest version one week ago cause now T3 gives better with 2 slots.Also its real easy to get those barter items with out getting any lootboxes for embers cause they are cheap,the only thing you need is multiple characters to do weeklies.LOTRO its like this one day you are geard the other they introduce better gear and should start again grinding thats the way it is.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

I am looking like this. For my alts, box gear is perfect, for my main its terrible
    Azmah / Guardian / lvl 130 /// Artiyail / Hunter / lvl 120 / rank 7 //// Artyrune / Rune-keeper / lvl 130
    Kawaiida / Minstrel / lvl 130 //// Nimfiell / Lore-Master / lvl 130
    The Kinship: Get rich or die grinding

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi1337 View Post
    I am looking like this. For my alts, box gear is perfect, for my main its terrible
    Nothing against ember boxes per say, but when buying 2 keys give you more and better loot than hours of gameplay. Something is wrong.

Lightbulb

Nothing against ember boxes per say, but when buying 2 keys give you more and better loot than hours of gameplay. Something is wrong.
    I have nothing against ember coffers either. As long as the incentive is to make us play game content to earn Embers and get the boxes. That is no different than earning any currency from gameplay and trade for gear. It's a good alternative for people. The more alternative and choices the better, as long as it's about giving us various ways to PLAY the game and that is what drives the game design. However Embers and gear in the acctual Lootboxes (not the ember coffers) that You buy keys for is what makes it questionable. If they remove Embers from Lootboxes (again not to be confused with ember coffers) but still keep the Ember Gear Coffers then it would be perfect. Since then there would be no motive for SSG/Daybreak to cut down the earnings of embers by acctual gameplay to push us into buying keys. Note how only the few quest rewarded gear pieces in Minas Morgul expansion can now be turned into embers and not other gear drops from instnances (they can only be turned into mats and very rarely the rare ingredient box), so already that has been done compared to Ered Mithrin. Less Embers to be earned from gameplay. That is not good in my opinion. As for the acctual gear in the coffers I have no issue with it, the ili, number of essence slots etc. There will eventually come better gear from the raid and maybe even gold gear from T5 etc anyway. Just like it did in Ered Mithrin.

As I side note and please don't take this the wrong way. It's not "per say", it's "per se" which means "by itself" or "in itself" and it is acctually borrowed from Latin "per se". As You use it in that sentence and seem to mean in it that way, I take it that is what You also meant to write/say. I do NOT write this to be some smarty pants, but simply to inform. I know that if I make mistakes in a foreign language I appreciate being corrected as it teaches me something new. I often make mistakes. Sometimes just sloppy typos that if I notice them I will correct them (my posts often get edited as I correct typos after), but also wrong spelling of some words and wrong grammar etc, as I simply do not know the correct spelling or form of many words. As long as the one correcting me do it in a polite manner and the motive is to help me learn for future use. I hope You take it that way, as that is my intention. In no way shape or form do I mean to ridicule You or Your writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Borrowed from Latin per se (“by itself”), from per (“by, through”) and se (“itself, himself, herself, themselves”).
    It acctually would not surprise me if I have some sloppy spelling errors in this post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast