We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Note how only the few quest rewarded gear pieces in Minas Morgul expansion can now be turned into embers and not other gear drops from instnances (they can only be turned into mats and very rarely the rare ingredient box), so already that has been done compared to Ered Mithrin. Less Embers to be earned from gameplay.
    All purple gear from instances can be broken down into embers. T2 gives one purple piece in the last boss chest, t3 gives more etc, etc. So yes, there is less opportunity to earn embers through game play if a player doesn't run the instances at higher tiers. Those that do though, have reasonably good ember acquisition if they couple that up with weekly wrappers. The main problem with some that run these instances at high tiers is that they do not want to do the quest arcs involved to open up dailies and weeklies. So they are then limited to only drops that they can burn for embers.

I understand where the OP is concerned. It's not great when a player can "buy" with a click, what they run tougher content for, but SSG seem intent on making money from embers one way or another, regardless. And given the amount of time this system has been in the game now, without any sort of sense that it may be failing to the point of showing any sign of disappearing, I'd hazard a guess that some are buying into it. Those of us who aren't, just have to keep plugging away at it the old fashioned way of earning it, either via slow, low tier grinds, or harder, but faster higher tier grinds.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I have loads of Mordor barter currency (Preserved Relics of the Last Alliance, Tokens of Service, Motes of Enchantment and Silver Signets of the Thandrim).

Is there any way at all, no matter how roundabout, that any of these can be converted to embers?

I'm guessing not, but asking just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by BilbosBelly View Post
    I have loads of Mordor barter currency (Preserved Relics of the Last Alliance, Tokens of Service, Motes of Enchantment and Silver Signets of the Thandrim).

Is there any way at all, no matter how roundabout, that any of these can be converted to embers?

I'm guessing not, but asking just in case.
    You can barter 100 signets for 500 embers once per week at a Quartermaster NPC in the Echad Uial camp, but it's gated by reputation for reclaiming Minas Morgul. I'm not aware of any other barter/conversion for embers for the other currencies/tokens you mentioned. The Echad Uial Quartermaster is on the opposite side of the camp from the blazon.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    You can barter 100 signets for 500 embers once per week at a Quartermaster NPC in the Echad Uial camp, but it's gated by reputation for reclaiming Minas Morgul. I'm not aware of any other barter/conversion for embers for the other currencies/tokens you mentioned. The Echad Uial Quartermaster is on the opposite side of the camp from the blazon.
    Thanks, I thought as much. I was hoping there might be some obscure way of bartering for gear with the old Gorgoroth currencies, which I could then disenchant for embers, but I guess not.

It seems just about right. It was a iittle too low before, with few cyan options. The better instance gear is still better

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Why did u make the ember gear stronger than T5 instance gear?? For those who have been working on doing T5, it's just a slap in the face to add such strong gear that can be bought for REAL MONEY! You took ember gear from being on pair with T2 content, and made it better than T5.. WHY?

I returned now to play the new 6 mans, and I had a really good time! And was thinking that you finally did a really good job. Then I see these strong teal parts coming from ember boxes, just wow.. Ember boxes should not be stronger than T2+, and definitely not stronger than any T5 loot!

I think it's such an ugly practise, to make the p2w non-existent at release, then you sneak it in several months later.

You took away all reason to do t5 3mans.. GJ!

Ember gear should not be so useful as long as you monetize it! Skipping 5 tiers for real money is just a scummy move, especially for those who took the time to earn it.

I hope we see news articles about this, because this is just heavily p2w.
    You must know that there will be more updates to gear coming, plus raid gear. It is the new game design since Mordor, which I am not sure counts as "new" anymore. No one can be that surprised anymore.
    This is Cyan.
    This is Teal.
    Learn your colors people.

Quote Originally Posted by KielArronax View Post
    You must know that there will be more updates to gear coming, plus raid gear. It is the new game design since Mordor, which I am not sure counts as "new" anymore. No one can be that surprised anymore.
    Sorry you perceived me as "surprised", I am rather disappointed. I mean, if you take your time to do T3+ instance content, shouldn't the drops be better than the loot you can get instantly for real money? Just because SSG has gone sideways the past 2 years doesn't mean it's ok, or that I have to accept it without complain. This is a feedback thread, you either agree or disagree and please give me a better argument than "they have been doing this for the past 2 years so it's ok.."

As always, why have all these tiers if only 1 tier is worth your time doing? T1-T4 is currently not worth your time unless you want to grind all Embers that is.. But i mean, run a T3-T4(or even T5 sometimes) just to deconstruct the loot.... Shouldn't it be exciting to see what drops after running an instance for hours?
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Jan 27 2020 at 03:49 PM.

From other side of coin: players complain for lack of shards for months. Players complain for embers being useless for months. Now you need less amount of shards (only for T3 essences) and now embers worth something. You want it, you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Sorry you perceived me as "surprised", I am rather disappointed. I mean, if you take your time to do T3+ instance content, shouldn't the drops be better than the loot you can get instantly for real money? Just because SSG has gone sideways the past 2 years doesn't mean it's ok, or that I have to accept it without complain. This is a feedback thread, you either agree or disagree and please give me a better argument than "they have been doing this for the past 2 years so it's ok.."

As always, why have all these tiers if only 1 tier is worth your time doing? T1-T4 is currently not worth your time unless you want to grind all Embers that is.. But i mean, run a T3-T4(or even T5 sometimes) just to deconstruct the loot.... Shouldn't it be exciting to see what drops after running an instance for hours?
    All I was getting at is that every expansion has limited gear/instances at start. Few weeks later, they add new gear/instances. Few weeks later, they add new tier of essence. Few weeks later, new instances/gear. Few weeks later, new essence. Few weeks later raid. Re-grind the same expansion over and over in hopes of a few item levels difference in gear at each update. Point is, if you let the game feel like a job, it probably is.
    This is Cyan.
    This is Teal.
    Learn your colors people.

What i don't understand is that when you put new and better gear in the game like box gear or any new purple drops from new instances, why are not all stats improved on it? You put a slot on those i was like yeahhh i get better gear and can improve my stats....just to find out that doing so i will be lower and lower on morale wich is a problem in new instances. Why on earth you give better gear and lower the vitality on them? That makes no sense to me at all. Is that meant to be like this? If there is new gear it should be better and im mostly talking about the instance drops from new instance 6 mans at higher tiers, it has a slot and you think wow nice i can get higher crit or mastery and build up going towards cap stats a bit more, but then its not worth it cause you have to compensate your vitality loss basicly so that slot is then gone so what is the use of this? Sorry for my english if i make mistakes The only things atm a bit better are two slot gear or jewel pieces because then then you can up your current stats Just to som it all up what i mean is i don't understand that whole system atm anymore what they done.

And to reply on some things that are said here: Yes i think the instance gear should be the best gear in game, especially t3 new instance gear. You spend hours and hours in the instance so that has to be more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by KielArronax View Post
    All I was getting at is that every expansion has limited gear/instances at start. Few weeks later, they add new gear/instances. Few weeks later, they add new tier of essence. Few weeks later, new instances/gear. Few weeks later, new essence. Few weeks later raid. Re-grind the same expansion over and over in hopes of a few item levels difference in gear at each update. Point is, if you let the game feel like a job, it probably is.
    Exact this system is garbage. It would be nice if they release a new expansion with simply ALL in it. But you only can do this if you get your balance right and the item system is good. The Item/lootbox System we have since ~ 2-3 years isn't good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaclaus View Post
    What i don't understand is that when you put new and better gear in the game like box gear or any new purple drops from new instances, why are not all stats improved on it? You put a slot on those i was like yeahhh i get better gear and can improve my stats....just to find out that doing so i will be lower and lower on morale wich is a problem in new instances. (...)
    Gear has two aspects in that regard - one is its item level and the second is its quality. So new ember gear is item level 407+, the quality is Incomparable. T3+ instance drops are 411+ (higher item level), but mostly purple (Rare quality). That's why there's a perceived 'error' with vitality. It's just that it has lower vitality, because it's lower item level. The other stats on the pieces are higher, because of the fact, that's its quality type is also higher. If it was both higher item level and higher quality - all stats would've been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    Gear has two aspects in that regard - one is its item level and the second is its quality. So new ember gear is item level 407+, the quality is Incomparable. T3+ instance drops are 411+ (higher item level), but mostly purple (Rare quality). That's why there's a perceived 'error' with vitality. It's just that it has lower vitality, because it's lower item level. The other stats on the pieces are higher, because of the fact, that's its quality type is also higher. If it was both higher item level and higher quality - all stats would've been higher.

I understand what you mean. A lower item level has lower base stats etc or purple gear have lower base stats then blue teal gear with the same item level. But what i don't understand is that they make a 6 man instance wich normally gives us better loot then a 3 man wich is not the case atm. What they should have done is let's say....have the same purple rare quility in 6 man with the same base stats as the 3 man pieces but put a slot to it and make it item level higher cause of the slot or extra slot you gain so you can improve your stats doing this. Not like now...lower the vitality but put a slot or sometimes two on it so you have to compensate for the loss of vitality first and loose the slot or extra slot doing so If this makes sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2