We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LOTRO Ratings Calculator

I've made a browser version of the spreadsheet variants of the ratings calculator. It's the first time that I make something in Html/Javascript, so I need(ed) to learn a lot of new things.

Download version 1.3 beta #2 for U31: https://github.com/Giseldah/Lotro-Ra...r/tree/1.3.0b2 (click Code: Download ZIP)

Extract the zip file somewhere and open index.html in your browser. It should work fine in Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I haven't checked it in other browsers.

The calculator is using CalcStat for all of the calculations. Ofc, no need to install it. An up-to-date JavaScript version 1.4p is located in the js-subdirectory.

Menu selections:

Click on the '?' button for some notes on how to use it.

Note: the calculator only converts pure rating values to percentages and vice versa. The percentages that you see in-game, in the character window, can contain bonus percentages (from trait trees for example) on top. These are usually round numbers like +5% for Critical Hit Chance, so it's not difficult to see and to add that number to the calculator's result.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Nov 19 2021 at 02:42 PM.

Hey Good Job. Very good layout & Easy to use

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    I've made a browser version of the spreadsheet variants of the ratings calculator. It's the first time that I make something in Html/Javascript, so I need(ed) to learn a lot of new things.

It's a beta version, so it's not yet perfect.
    *hehe* really nice "job"

Nicely done!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Nice - Thank You
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Beautiful.

Dadislotroguides is offline The Well Met
    Former Players Council Member
    Giseldah does outstanding work !!!

Since this is not web based, I reached out to Giseldah and it will now be hosted via Dadi's LOTRO Guides (http://dadislotroguides.com/lotro-ratings-calculator/) so that you do not need to download files locally if you would rather just use a web interface.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Thank you all for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post

Since this is not web based, I reached out to Giseldah and it will now be hosted via Dadi's LOTRO Guides (http://dadislotroguides.com/lotro-ratings-calculator/) so that you do not need to download files locally if you would rather just use a web interface.
    Yes, I don't have any web space/hosting available. I'm aware that a local access restriction can pose a problem for some mobile devices, so I don't mind if it's put on a fansite for ease of use. Thank you.

Btw, this is still a beta. I was planning to put some cap information in the graph for example. Like in the title perhaps. Also, graph needs some better configuration still.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Jan 27 2020 at 06:12 PM.

Thank you!

This is Super cool! I'm sharing with the kins im in ASAP =)
    Thank you Giseldah, and thank you Dadi's LOTRO Guides !!!! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    It's a beta version, so it's not yet perfect.
    Thank you for your hard work.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Well done!

I uploaded the files on a subdomain here:

https://lotro.hoddevik1.com/
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Morale-Smasher - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Very cool!

I still don't understand, but if anything could help, it's tools like this, so thank you for your hard work!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

Penetrations in T2/3 raids en instances, other then Abyss T2 and Anvil T1-3, are back and they all use the new formulas now. Therefore I changed the text from New T2 and New T3-5 to just 'Tier 2' and 'Tier 3-5' as these are now the standard for all. v0.991 contains this text change.

For example: for ToO T2 select Tier 2 and set character level 75, because for the calculations mob level equals character level. A character level 73 in a ToO raid can not be calculated with this system.

Perhaps I could make a separate setting for each non-scalable instance, but I don't know how many of those. I can't think of a easy solution for scalable instances. A separate (mob)level setting is the only thing.

Thank you very much for checking, the LS community surely appreciates it!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Thank you very much for checking, the LS community surely appreciates it!
    yw.

I just remembered that in these old raids/instances bosses can have higher level, like Saruman in ToO has 78, and this creates some problems:

- Penetrations will need to be calculated at 78 or 75? I'm not sure whether penetrations are based on the mob's level or on the instance level.

- Some ratings percentages are calculated differently with unequal opponent levels. Mitigations takes the highest level of character and opponent level, so in the example 78 needs to be used for those percentage type calculations.

- Also, the level difference -1 should be deducted as % penalty from the resulting percentage to be accurate. So for Saruman you get 78-75-1 = 2% mitigation penalty. This is not shown in the character window ofc.

So for Saruman mitigations we could either do:

1) select character level 78 and select (new/) Tier 2 (will be 78 as well, assuming mob's level is used).

heavy
    physical mit cap at: 22316
    tactical mit cap at: 19632
    medium
    physical mit cap at: 19828
    tactical mit cap at: 17143
    light
    physical mit cap at: 16892
    tactical mit cap at: 14208

2) for instance level being used:
    - select character level 75, hover over (new/) Tier 2 menu item to see the tooltip with penvalues. note the penetration ratings.
    - select character level 78 and select Landscape pen setting.
    - enter your mitigation rating with manually added penetrations.

heavy
    physical mit cap at: 22186
    tactical mit cap at: 19606
    medium
    physical mit cap at: 19698
    tactical mit cap at: 17118
    light
    physical mit cap at: 16762
    tactical mit cap at: 14182

I have a hunch that the second might be it, but..

edit: I see that the same also applies to Throne - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rakothas (108) Cap rating difference between 105 and 108 is huge. Like I said, it doesn't matter if you're higher level. The highest counts for mitigations. However if you are 105 then you need to calculate with 108 and either pen Tier2 105(likely) or 108.

edit2: I have found an old image of Rakothas with old penetrations. These are lvl108 penetrations, so not instance level, but mob level counts. This makes it easy for the calculator: just select 108 or for ToO: select 78.

Throne bosses:

heavy
    physical mit cap at: 72519
    tactical mit cap at: 66287
    medium
    physical mit cap at: 64177
    tactical mit cap at: 57944
    light
    physical mit cap at: 54079
    tactical mit cap at: 47847

again, only if you're 108 or lower in level. if you are higher then you need to calculate with your own level and penetrations 108.

I think I'll make some more settings for non-scalable raids, calculating with boss levels.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Jan 30 2020 at 05:30 AM.

I was thinking to change penetration to this, adding more non-scalable raids with end-boss level for penetration level.
    The on-level settings are based on penetration level = character level, so for instance that you play with a character 65 in an instance with lvl65 mob.

See OP for download v0.992 with changed penetration options.

Note that you still need to select the right character level, depending on which percentage you want to calculate. Example: for mitigations you need to select at the least 78 for Saruman or your own level whichever is higher.

short rant > I'd really love it if the devs make up their minds with these hush-hush changes.. they modify mob features/stats/pens, it is never included in the patch notes, and our lvl 75 gear stays the ###### same. < end rant

Back to Giseldah's great work: Awesome changes! I'll download the files later today when I get home!
    Cheers!

*pokes at Dadi to kindly update his website too

I came across this discussion about armour penetration affecting 100% tactical mitigations. I've changed 20% to 100% in version 0.993, see OP for dl link.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post

And how do we use it? It won't allow me to enter any values.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Yes, it does allow values to be entered.

http://dadislotroguides.com/RatingsCalc/index.html does let one enter values. I did.

The problem I had was much different. I don't have a clue what to make of the graph or how to even use it to improve my game/toons or what have you.
    I suppose the spreadsheet is clearer, but I haven't used it, but it'd be nice to have some kind of intro on how one might use it to advantage if one doesn't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by BRaymarK View Post
    http://dadislotroguides.com/RatingsCalc/index.html does let one enter values. I did.

The problem I had was much different. I don't have a clue what to make of the graph or how to even use it to improve my game/toons or what have you.
    I suppose the spreadsheet is clearer, but I haven't used it, but it'd be nice to have some kind of intro on how one might use it to advantage if one doesn't already know.
    Yes, I should make some 'help' button.

The calculator can/should do multiple things:

on any level:

Basic functionality:
    1) calculate rating to percentage: number columns 1 & 2. enter rating in 1 and percentage shows in 2.
    2) calculate percentage to rating: number columns 3 & 4. enter percentage in 3 and rating shows in 4.
    3) shows a graph of the rating to percentage formula for visual information with cap percentage and cap rating (needs to be added).

Planning:
    If you see the entered rating in number column 1 as your 'current' rating and the percentage in column 3 as your 'target' percentage (with target rating in column 4) then column 5 shows the rating difference which can be negative (red, below target) or positive (blue, above target).
    In the graph the current amount shows as green color, the (negative) amount under target as red, the (positive) amount above target as blue and any remainder to cap as grey.

Advanced, simulation:
    Here it gets tricky. The basic information like in the character window in-game provides only information 'on-level' and it doesn't show rating penetrations from mobs (an effect they have in all t2 and higher instance/raid tiers and also in Anvil T1).
    If you want to calculate rating and percentages for real situations / fights then you have to take into account the level differences and penetration values. Sadly, not much information is given about this from official sources.

For level we can distinquise:
    - character level
    - mob level
    - calculation level

Calculation level depends on the percentage stat. Not much is known about this. Is it equal to character level or the mob's level? I only know for sure that for mitigation percentage stats this is the highest of those two. For mitigations this means that:
    1) if your character level is lower than the mob's level then you need to set calculation level (menu bar: shield) to the mobs level
    2) if your character level is equal or higher than the mob's level then you can keep your character's level for calculation level.

Rating penetration effects are always calculated from the mob's level. In regarding to the penetrations menu - the calculator doesn't provide a means to set mob level directly, but the menu gives you some options:
    1) no penetrations: Landscape, T1.
    2) on-level fights, so character level = mob level = calculation level: Tier 2 or Tier 3(and higher).
    3) non scalable raids: Rift, ToO, Throne, Abyss, Anvil. for these the mob's level for penetrations is shown in the menu (like 108 for Throne). This mob level is based on the highest boss in those raids.

So for ToO T2 Saruman lvl 78 as example:
    1) decide which percentage stat you want to calculate with.
    2) if it's mitigations then: are you higher in level than lvl78? -> use your own level. are you lower in level? -> use lvl78 for the level setting.
    3) just use your character level for the other percentage stats..(?)
    4) for penetration you need mob level 78, so you choose the ToO option from the penetation menu.

Example: Glimmerdeep T4 lvl 120 mobs:
    1) decide which percentage stat you want to calculate with.
    2) if it's mitigations then: are you higher in level than lvl120? -> use your own level. are you lower in level? -> use lvl120 for the level setting.
    3) just use your character level for the other percentage stats..(?)
    4) for penetrations, the only option is to choose on-level Tier 3. so you can't calculate those correctly if you're not 120 in this situation.

Note:
    Rating penetrations affect the cap ratings, because you need to compensate for them to reach the same percentages.
    Calculations work like:
    1) rating to percentage - penetration value is added (negative value) to current rating and from there a percentage is calculated.
    2) percentage to rating - rating is calculated from percentage and from this rating the penetration value is substracted (results in addition).
    3) cap information - cap rating information shows with penetration rating compensation.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Feb 01 2020 at 05:36 AM.

Nice work!
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

I've made a new version 0.994 which has these changes:

- moved texts which were in the javascript code to the html file. all texts should now be in index.html, which is convenient for possible translations.
    - selection lists are now 'data-driven' from the html file. like menu options can now be re-arranged if you have another order in another language. also, new options can easily be added.
    - added close buttons to all popup windows.
    - added a '?' button to the calculation section. this will open a window with the text from my previous post.
    - added cap % and rating information to the graph section.
    - reworked graph which should remove some bugs as well.
    - some small scaling adjustments.

See op for download link.

I've done some more graph fine-tuning and named this version 1.0 (should be final). See op for download link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast