We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dps

Dps

is Anything going to be done to help Hunter is the DPS area. Right now it is a waste of a class. While he is my main and has the best gear of any of my characters I can out dps him easily on my warden and burger. They are pretty much obsolete at this point

Quote Originally Posted by foxythefalcon View Post
    is Anything going to be done to help Hunter is the DPS area. Right now it is a waste of a class. While he is my main and has the best gear of any of my characters I can out dps him easily on my warden and burger. They are pretty much obsolete at this point
    I know that they cannot perform well now for 3 man instances at least cause they need lot of support almost like Champions and their aoe is ridiculous.I know that your ST is definitely lower than those broken burglars but How is at new dummys its lower than rks and wardens too?How much you can do for 3 min there?
    I have also alt hunter but he is not well geared yet so i have no clue if he is close with rks and wardens or not.
    Hunters even that they had much attention since middle of Throne raid they made lots of experiments to them and they are messed up.They buff up the blue line and made changes there 2-3 times,then they nerf it but at least they left it in a kinda decent condition for solo and pvp and made Red more strong,then they messed up AOE in red.Yellow line is completely useless and good only for placing traps before a boss fight.
    To be honest you will see the difference in 6 man with good support and mostly in raids that you will have full support if you still have decent ST damage or not and also from those new dummys.Now the things are a bit weird for hunters and champions,no one want them for dps spot unless its a kin run,hunters have no AOE and champions ST is very low.New instances are great for burglars,rks and wardens,its like that they been made for them.I though that hunters at least still had some decent ST even that the others got buffed up tho and now you say otherwise.
    What can i say its sad to watch the 2 oldest dps classes of this game in such a bad condition.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    I know that they cannot perform well now for 3 man instances at least cause they need lot of support almost like Champions and their aoe is ridiculous.I know that your ST is definitely lower than those broken burglars but How is at new dummys its lower than rks and wardens too?How much you can do for 3 min there?
    I have also alt hunter but he is not well geared yet so i have no clue if he is close with rks and wardens or not.
    Hunters even that they had much attention since middle of Throne raid they made lots of experiments to them and they are messed up.They buff up the blue line and made changes there 2-3 times,then they nerf it but at least they left it in a kinda decent condition for solo and pvp and made Red more strong,then they messed up AOE in red.Yellow line is completely useless and good only for placing traps before a boss fight.
    To be honest you will see the difference in 6 man with good support and mostly in raids that you will have full support if you still have decent ST damage or not and also from those new dummys.Now the things are a bit weird for hunters and champions,no one want them for dps spot unless its a kin run,hunters have no AOE and champions ST is very low.New instances are great for burglars,rks and wardens,its like that they been made for them.I though that hunters at least still had some decent ST even that the others got buffed up tho and now you say otherwise.
    What can i say its sad to watch the 2 oldest dps classes of this game in such a bad condition.
    Hunter is doing the same DPS on dummy as fire RK which is around 75-90k max, which is less than Burglar, Warden and lightning RK.

There is little place for Hunters in the new 6mans too (Maybe halls of Lamentation, cause there is a lot of Single target fights until after the 2nd boss), but even then you need a Fire RK for the Hunter - and unless they're going to use No/Light Oil, they won't have a place in Fallen Kings either.

Currently Hunters only have a place in the raid at the moment, and that is a big MAYBE depending on the kind of raid we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Hunter is doing the same DPS on dummy as fire RK which is around 75-90k max, which is less than Burglar, Warden and lightning RK.

There is little place for Hunters in the new 6mans too (Maybe halls of Lamentation, cause there is a lot of Single target fights until after the 2nd boss), but even then you need a Fire RK for the Hunter - and unless they're going to use No/Light Oil, they won't have a place in Fallen Kings either.

Currently Hunters only have a place in the raid at the moment, and that is a big MAYBE depending on the kind of raid we get.
    Agreed.

Much like Champions, also being a strictly damage dealing class, hunters need a serious upgrade of their numbers to say the least. I'm sorry to say so, cause i'm playing one myself, but nowadays i avoid inviting them. It's a waste of time.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums
    The Aegean Eagles Calendar

It is cyclic. Yesterday we were top dps now we are top rubbish and tomorrow we'll see...

The ST damage still to say least is amazing but requires certain elements to take place, in most serious groups you'll have an LM who will de buff for you and your dps shines especially if a red cappy is present + ward dont even need a fire rk, It is desired but nowadays dps will be good if you have lm+ red cappy always, unless hunter is not geared properly or LI's off balance.

Some say Hunter slows down group because lack of aoe but that shouldn't be a problem in all reality no content requires such aoe especially if the st damage is higher enough where the raid assit target just melts. But in end groups want aoe and hunters do not have good aoe anymore since Vastin's team nerfed it but allow other lasses t have 1 skill wonder skills active..

The true villian in why most classes feel left behind is Burglar! There is a great deal wrong with making burglar Aoe and now with lightning rk into the fold this is what challenges the hunter. Its not the hunter is bad the class simply lacks aoe so only shines in 6man + content where good support is typically involved.

Burglar having aoe is by far the most balance breaking idea for class balance lotro has experienced so long as Ive been playing, I agree burglar should have fantastic ST dps just like the hunt but the aoe the dev's have to remove it to bring balance back.

The yellow rk is a 2020 remake of the throne blue hunter and will become absolute god mode in raids if 1 rk goes abyss set and other focus solely spamming ceaseless epic and purge, this my friends must not happen. We must not allow this type of 1 2 3 dps too return. The developers for bullroarer n nerfed my class blue hunter for this I shall bring the link and quote for all and the dev's

Let it Be known the blue hunter was nerfed for exact reason's yellow rk is running around today doing https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Hunters/page2

couple points:

1) Continuous barrage is a 1-button rotation. That's too simplistic, even for a 'low difficulty' class, so the cooldown was implemented so that the skill can remain reasonably powerful while leaving room for other abilities in your rotation. Free power generation over on the LM's has been substantially reduced as well, so in practice continuous barrage is likely unsustainable in any case.

2) The HS reset bonus will need to be addressed in some manner. We may have to address the old set bonus in order to make room for the skill itself to be defined as a powerful finisher skill for general use. I would prefer not to leave a skill under-powered simply because some old set bonus is OP.

A deeper issue which I feel will help the hunter is make HS 25 second cool down + extend dot 1 tick to 22-> second just like Essay of fire since it is also an stationary dps class to add further reliability to the hunter dps. In order to implement this the only skill that resets off crit must be upshot only Heart seeker no longer resets off how manyc rits you do. The skill is way to tied to our overall dps for lack of crit rng to always affect your ability to dps

Without such RNG in a hunters rotation I suspect the dps can increase to even higher numbers resulting in putting the hunt where it needs to all without ruining any skills or nerfing anything but leave upshot to be reset by crits it is more reliable since isnt a full 1:30 second cooldown.

Hunters are in a very bad state atm compared to RK's and burglars. My main is a hunter and is best geared char i have. I play my hunter since almost launch of lotro so very long already. We need support big time to even be doing decent enough dps at this moment. Most of the time in 3 man instances we have a guardian tank and sometimes cappy tank and mini or RK healer. No buffs what so ever most of the time so im not using any oils. The mobs go down slow even when my stats are high enough and my rotation is fine. It frustrates me because it is my main and my second alt RK and third alt burglar with way lower stats easily out dps my main. We have no use for BB jewels anymore cause they lowered it alot with new expansion. The problem i see is that i don't get alot of crit hits anymore so alot of my hits are low with sometimes in between some crits. So the base damage of the hunter is very low imo.

Just tested on dummy at my house.
    With scrolls and food only buffs and swapping for burn hot.
    My stats are the follwing:

Crit rating: 481k
    Finesse: 252k
    Mastery: 590k

DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 75,706.531 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'

I have to say though that my hunter is no elf so i am missing out the 5% damage bonus. I made this longgggggg time ago so now regret not making an elf hunter Hoping for race changes soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaclaus View Post
    Hunters are in a very bad state atm compared to RK's and burglars. My main is a hunter and is best geared char i have. I play my hunter since almost launch of lotro so very long already. We need support big time to even be doing decent enough dps at this moment. Most of the time in 3 man instances we have a guardian tank and sometimes cappy tank and mini or RK healer. No buffs what so ever most of the time so im not using any oils. The mobs go down slow even when my stats are high enough and my rotation is fine. It frustrates me because it is my main and my second alt RK and third alt burglar with way lower stats easily out dps my main. We have no use for BB jewels anymore cause they lowered it alot with new expansion. The problem i see is that i don't get alot of crit hits anymore so alot of my hits are low with sometimes in between some crits. So the base damage of the hunter is very low imo.

DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 75,706.531 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'

I have to say though that my hunter is no elf so i am missing out the 5% damage bonus. I made this longgggggg time ago so now regret not making an elf hunter Hoping for race changes soon!
    My RK deals more dmg than my hunter using just 1 skill. No swaps, no rotation, no scrolls no buffs... JUST ONE SKILL!!! So sad

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    My RK deals more dmg than my hunter using just 1 skill. No swaps, no rotation, no scrolls no buffs... JUST ONE SKILL!!! So sad

SSG DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!

The hunter is once again left behind. The all-round rune keeper heals best and deals massive damage. I feel strongly reminded of similar times. Thanks SSG for a useless class I once again spent money for.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaclaus View Post

This is crazy, how are your stats so good? I am 200k crit rating, 185k finesse, 344k phys mastery with full T2 gear (L410 purples), crafted the L422 helm for myself, and have one teal legging from the embers box.

I am lucky if I can do 45k sustained DPS in red line in the 3 mans...

sigh, I hate playing red line too, but blue is like 20-30k DPS and yellow is completely broken. I've had this hunter for 12 years and he's my main, really don't have the time to start over, but all this time and money spent feels like it's for nothing, just a painful grind.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

What essences do you have slotted in your gear? What kinds of relics do you have on your LIs? What kind of virtues (passives too)?

Won't reach 480k crit / 600k PM with t2 gear (that sounds like mostly embers/t3+ stuff with slots), but your stats surely seem on the low side.

I guess this was a bad time to go back and level my hunter
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    Yes, the excuse given for completely ruining hunter blue line right at the start of the "class balance" revamp was that it used a "one button rotation" (which was never actually the case). Then, when RK gets their "class balance" pass, they create an OP one button rotation.

unfortunatly hunters and champions atm can not be played cause both classes cant stand without support at all. They need to add more damage to the raw/base damage and if that leads to big numbers maybe decrease the multiplier to balance it. But this way they are now its really unplayable and imagine that champ got some increase on beta testing and still hes dps its really low not even worth the tryhard to play them.U cant have 1 class just for raids and even on raids to not be able to be near with the other dpsers.SSG must do something for both

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    This is crazy, how are your stats so good? I am 200k crit rating, 185k finesse, 344k phys mastery with full T2 gear (L410 purples), crafted the L422 helm for myself, and have one teal legging from the embers box.

I am lucky if I can do 45k sustained DPS in red line in the 3 mans...

sigh, I hate playing red line too, but blue is like 20-30k DPS and yellow is completely broken. I've had this hunter for 12 years and he's my main, really don't have the time to start over, but all this time and money spent feels like it's for nothing, just a painful grind.
    I have even higher stats atm. Well i don't use any raid t2 gear anymore. I use ember box gear and some drops from either TG (golden pocket) or new instances 6 man. My stats atm are the following:

Crit rating: 560k
    Mastery: 559k
    Finesse: 238K

Today i will get some more golden skirmish essences so it will be a bit higher. I did not do another dps parse yet but will do when im done with golden essences.

Long ago, Turbine at least cared about breadth. As long as you had a healer and a tank, any dps class could come in as the 3rd. However, SSG (the same people) have decided to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    Long ago, Turbine at least cared about breadth. As long as you had a healer and a tank, any dps class could come in as the 3rd. However, SSG (the same people) have decided to mess it up.
    Hunters need better AOE,Champions need mitigation's bypass for Red line and ofc some proper base damage.If they do that both classes are going to perform much better to 3 man instances.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Hunters need better AOE,Champions need mitigation's bypass for Red line and ofc some proper base damage.If they do that both classes are going to perform much better to 3 man instances.
    Don't know why they touched RoA to begin with. The skill was (imo) fine the way it was.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Don't know why they touched RoA to begin with. The skill was (imo) fine the way it was.
    RoA resetting with a crit was the most OP skill in the game, especially with how crit %'s are today.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Preying Mantis (Elendilmir) Arkenstone
    Eomina 120 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    RoA resetting with a crit was the most OP skill in the game, especially with how crit %'s are today.

SSG!!! This is a joke. Hunter damage is a disaster
    My hunter is far FAAAAAR behind my burglar and runekeeper etc etc

something is going wrong with the damage at higher levels - cant explain....

....pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    When I stopped playing, hunters were not the best AoE class. Since HD, did hunters actually become top aoe class because of RoA? They need to either severely increase tooltip damage or reduce the cooldown. Shoot, at this point, I'll take CD reduction on crits/devs like upshot.
    Professional AFKer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    When I stopped playing, hunters were not the best AoE class. Since HD, did hunters actually become top aoe class because of RoA? They need to either severely increase tooltip damage or reduce the cooldown. Shoot, at this point, I'll take CD reduction on crits/devs like upshot.

So the hunter is now downgraded to a taxi and remains in that position SSG?

DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 109,715.289 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!' That was with LM debuffs + pet rotation. My stats: 430k crit, 405k mastery. (certainly totally ungeared yet) I usually am on around 70k and a bit without any external buffs.
    For comparison average parse on warden is around 115-120k solo and Thou didst maintain a DPS of 147,429.64 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!' with LM buffs. Wrdn stats: 440k crit, 675k mastery. Point is I need to gear my hunter and check properly as I don't even have new runes yet but seems like with raid buffs hunters might be a decent dps as just from LM I get more than a 50% damage increase which will be far stronger buff the greater mit % the enemies have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 109,715.289 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!' That was with LM debuffs + pet rotation. My stats: 430k crit, 405k mastery. (certainly totally ungeared yet) I usually am on around 70k and a bit without any external buffs.
    For comparison average parse on warden is around 115-120k solo and Thou didst maintain a DPS of 147,429.64 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!' with LM buffs. Wrdn stats: 440k crit, 675k mastery. Point is I need to gear my hunter and check properly as I don't even have new runes yet but seems like with raid buffs hunters might be a decent dps as just from LM I get more than a 50% damage increase which will be far stronger buff the greater mit % the enemies have.

hunter damage unbuffed - between 75-100K - without Amboss Set (-10% Attack Duration) - burglar, rune keeper etc. unbuffed starts with 120K open to the top (depends on gear, rota, experience)

as single target damage dealer the hunter isn't competitive in any way!

I also feel that it has something to do with the mechanics of the hunter's damage. the higher the level of difficulty of the opponent, the less damage arrives

Hunter is simply useless in the end-content. The DPS is a joke, group abilities non existent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast