We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation simple change suggestions

Im not asking for over all damage boost so that the hunter class can be the next FOTM toon. Ill let others discuss how the end game hunter is not looked at as a real choice, barrage being nerfed to not being a viable choice, yellow line is a joke and so on. Im sure hunter will receive another pass on skills and adjustments will come, i have been playing for over a decade, it comes and goes. I would like to see a few abilities changed/upgraded though.

BLINDSIDE. this is a MELEE interrupt for the hunter class. most all ranged characters in the game have a RANGED interrupt as their primary interrupt skill. Why should i be standing at 30-40 meters away and see a mob start an induction just to run in and try to get there in time to use a interrupt skill that is melee based. seems a bit odd and not at all useful 90% of the time. this skill is great when you are low level chipping through middle earth, but it has not scaled well and is useless in a raid/end game. take the interrupt off of this skill and give us a ranged interrupt. and NO, a stun/fear arrow from should not count as an interrupt. hell, increase the cd on those skills if that is needed, but give hunters a blindside cd skill with a ranged interrupt.

CORRUPTION REMOVAL SKILL. hunters have 2. one is morale gated, merciful shot. 50-70% depending on trait point placed in the skill tree. this is fine and dandy, but the other is yet again, a MELEE skill. dazing blow is great as a stun, but it is also our primary corruption removal. maybe mix in the ranged interrupt skill talked about above with a RANGED corruption removal. it can even be a non-damaging skill to counter balance the skill.

CRY OF THE HUNTER. what a joke this skill has scaled up to be, just remove it or do something useful with it, pick one. hardly any element of this skill is useful. if it is supposed to be an emergency cd skill, like T&G from a burg or Moving target as a BA, or self bubbles, guardians pledge, never surrender, a mini flop, HIPS or sprint, etc... it is not even in the same universe. remove it or do something to it to make it a true emergency button that the hunter can use. it has no others, stop teasing.

Legacies have been decent i think, but for the last 7-8 years, people have asked for 1 legacy to be altered. turn induction/focus bow crit multipliers into ONE legacy instead of TWO.

Make Fire/Light oils a passive toggle skill.

the list goes on but these are just some minor creature comforts that would make the hunter a little smoother and make sense for end game raiding and game play. We picked a ranged non-tactical, mostly non-aoe based toon. Fine tune the character into one a bit more by changing some of the MELEE skills into more range friendly versions.

Yellowcab
    R15 Hunter
    Arkenstone

Hunter corruption removal skill CD

An how about hunter removal skill CD - Improved Dazing Blow has 60 secs cd, pls reduce this.
    Thinking of House of Lamentation and removing corruption from tree - takes ages, only one skill available for this and then 60 sec. CD

Quote Originally Posted by steelrain79 View Post
    BLINDSIDE. this is a MELEE interrupt for the hunter class. most all ranged characters in the game have a RANGED interrupt as their primary interrupt skill. Why should i be standing at 30-40 meters away and see a mob start an induction just to run in and try to get there in time to use a interrupt skill that is melee based. seems a bit odd and not at all useful 90% of the time. this skill is great when you are low level chipping through middle earth, but it has not scaled well and is useless in a raid/end game. take the interrupt off of this skill and give us a ranged interrupt. and NO, a stun/fear arrow from should not count as an interrupt. hell, increase the cd on those skills if that is needed, but give hunters a blindside cd skill with a ranged interrupt.
    This has been an ongoing issue for years and it remains to be addressed. Even burgs have a ranged interrupt..

CRY OF THE HUNTER. what a joke this skill has scaled up to be, just remove it or do something useful with it, pick one. hardly any element of this skill is useful. if it is supposed to be an emergency cd skill, like T&G from a burg or Moving target as a BA, or self bubbles, guardians pledge, never surrender, a mini flop, HIPS or sprint, etc... it is not even in the same universe. remove it or do something to it to make it a true emergency button that the hunter can use. it has no others, stop teasing.
    The amount of complaints this skill has caused is actually impressive, and rightly so. I still think it was a troll move to introduce this skill from the very start, after years of hunters crying in the forums, this skill was released with such a fitting name. The only emergency cd skill I count for the hunter is DF, and whatever racial skills you've got (lol)

Fine tune the character
    this used to be the most popular class, yet it was always the one forgotten about in terms of class development. There are people in the forums who are professional number crunchers, class experts who are essentially volunteer testers. The data has always been out there, but it feels like devs are playing darts when it comes to the changes being made.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.