We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    So the new essences are x1.14 stronger than the T3 craftable essences.
    And I went and hoped they would be at least x1.5... If 1.14 is true, then those upcoming t5 essences cant be far off from what the event gives now.

I cant be bothered to run these outdated skirmishes for pet rewards...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    what a convincing method of statistics ... one day i found 7 in one hour .. typically way less - they must have nerfed them is NOT the answer, but the 7 was extremely lucky and overall the chance is the same. The same for your first char - extreme luck.
    If we required one or two of these things to make one or two special, luck based recipes for decent items, I'd be more than happy to agree with it. The problem is, we need many of them, to craft anything, so luck, should never come into it. These should be slow and steady, but in a guaranteed way. By all means, leave the luck based drops there as well, but for items that play such a fundamental role in gearing up for the latest content, it shouldn't be just about luck, or lack of it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

T3 deed not Advancing

So I did 4 skirm raids w kin at lvl 130 T1 and completed the quest for the day, then I went on to Solo lvl 122 T3 for T3 deed and it did not award credit. Just a heads up a bug or wai?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    So I did 4 skirm raids w kin at lvl 130 T1 and completed the quest for the day, then I went on to Solo lvl 122 T3 for T3 deed and it did not award credit. Just a heads up a bug or wai?
    If I remember correctly once You've done the 4 skirmishes required for the daily quest then they don't count anymore as You do not have that quest active anymore. So basically You can do 1 less per day than what are available in that days rotation. Resulting in You needing 2 rotations of the same skirmishes to complete that deed. Just remember which one You did NOT do this time, the next time the same skirmishes comes into rotation during the event and do the one You didn't do this time then. Another thing to consider is that I don't think the T3 deed counts on anything but LvL cap T3. So running it on 122 T3 might not have counted either way. Not 100% sure on that one, as I think last year the T3 deed did acctually count 5 or 8 LvL's below 120 after a HotFix, just that most ran them on 120 anyway, taking for granted that they needed to do that and didn't even try the deed at lower level.

As a side note: For the slayer title deed "Harbinger Of The Dead". I recommend checking which ones You have slayed already in Your deed log and if You get the same in an instance exit before defeating it and re-enter until You get one You are lacking. However not all spawn in all skirmishes as each rotation seem to have a pool of harbingers that can spawn, so You might have all harbingers from that rotation slayed already. List of which harbingers can spawn in which skirmishes are available in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...iled-Deeds-Etc

Also if you complete deed (120 level T3) for essence in 2019, you don't need to complete anything on 130 T3. Just kill mobs in 125 level skrimishes for quest and get 1 less essence on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Also if you complete deed (120 level T3) for essence in 2019, you don't need to complete anything on 130 T3. Just kill mobs in 125 level skrimishes for quest and get 1 less essence on this year.
    Even 122 works for a quick run through after you have the T3 deed completed.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I have mixed feelings about this year skirmishes. People being punished for playing this game too long - getting 1 essence less because they did the deed year ago.
    I still have two 120 epic essences, will I be able to upgrade them to 130 then? Why not? If you dont wanna give me new one for the deed...
    T3 solo even on 122 is just crazy atm, been trying to do Icy with guard dps but low tact mits are not helping... getting 30k hit from everything and melting in couiple of seconds, cant even do any damage because animation of swift swipe lasts for 3 seconds... Thanks for caps out of the roof, 680k tact mits cap for t3 will surely be obtainable by anyone with +16k ratings which i can load in 2 slots.
    T1 solo on the other hand is facepalm easy. Proof once again that new caps are broken badly. Devs forgot to adjust difficulty to new caps which are 4x higher instead of 2x like always. Those are not obtainable anymore. With 120 you could at least reach half of the cap easy.
    So anyway.. grind fest of fests begins once again. I wonder what level of essences we reach this update? tier 5 or tier 6? How much shards we will need to craft last teal essence? 5 or 7?
    Every update gear is 2x more expensive, 2x less worth, and caps are 2x higher. So grind is like 400x bigger? Great work, lets continue. I want tier 10 essence!!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rogdush View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this year skirmishes. People being punished for playing this game too long - getting 1 essence less because they did the deed year ago.
    I still have two 120 epic essences, will I be able to upgrade them to 130 then? Why not? If you dont wanna give me new one for the deed...
    T3 solo even on 122 is just crazy atm, been trying to do Icy with guard dps but low tact mits are not helping... getting 30k hit from everything and melting in couiple of seconds, cant even do any damage because animation of swift swipe lasts for 3 seconds... Thanks for caps out of the roof, 680k tact mits cap for t3 will surely be obtainable by anyone with +16k ratings which i can load in 2 slots.
    T1 solo on the other hand is facepalm easy. Proof once again that new caps are broken badly. Devs forgot to adjust difficulty to new caps which are 4x higher instead of 2x like always. Those are not obtainable anymore. With 120 you could at least reach half of the cap easy.
    So anyway.. grind fest of fests begins once again. I wonder what level of essences we reach this update? tier 5 or tier 6? How much shards we will need to craft last teal essence? 5 or 7?
    Every update gear is 2x more expensive, 2x less worth, and caps are 2x higher. So grind is like 400x bigger? Great work, lets continue. I want tier 10 essence!!!!
    The event idea itself is a nice idea. I like it. However it's as often the "half cooked food" (blame it on lack of resources I guess) and implementation that is leaves alot to be desired. Although it was all brought to light last year, nothings been done. Lack of proper skirmish soldier scaling as well as lack of allied NPC scaling still since LvL 105 was the cap. No new deed tier to build on to get another reward, or a reset of the old deed etc. These are things that would have been much more important I think to work on then a new flashy Hobbit Present menue or upcoming new weapon auras for example (with already limited resources, resources was still put into things like that instead it seems). Not to mention all the other abandoned game system and mechanics in-game. War-steeds scaling, fellowhip manouvers, racial traits just to mention a few. Things that have been repeated ad nauseam in these forums for years and years and nothings been done about them still.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 20 2020 at 05:38 AM.

The event idea itself is a nice idea. I like it. However it's as often the "half cooked food" and implementation that is leaves alot to be desired. Lack of proper skirmish soldier as well as lack of allied NPC scaling still since LvL 105 was the cap. No new deed tier to build on to get another reward, or a reset of the old deed etc. These are things that would have been much more important I think to work on then a new flashy Hobbit Present menue for example. Not to mention all the other abandoned game system and mechanics in-game. War-steeds scaling, fellowhip manouvers, racial traits just to mention a few. Things that have been repeated ad nauseam in these forums for years and years and nothings been done about them still.
    Well said, exactly the point. I liked that skirmish event on 120 level, it was nice and fun. Its not that fun now as you say, no deed reset and difficulty is just messed up.
    I dont even wanna start with bugged war steeds, they are just good in rohan or for faster ride on other areas except new zones. With morgul zones every weak mob will 1 shot dismount you on every occasion. Yeah, 5k morale for war steed is sooo much. Its just silly that riding normal mount is better in battle than riding war steed atm, LOL.
    Yeah well, hobbit presents are more important because you can spent mithril coins on them isnt it? I understand devs want to make some profit so they can get money and pay all the maintenance costs, but would be nice to look in the future also and ask why people wanna play this game for longer? To be annoyed by the same bugs which are not fixed for looong years? I know devs dont have even 1% of their time for bug fixing unless those affect $$$$. Virtues were rebuilt only so you can sell virtue tome boost in store? That is all just silly.
    What have you done that i need to speak about you as greedy fats. Shame on you devs. You are making good content but placing too much sticky hands on it.

I dunno... got my tac mit at 45% (blue warden) I can solo T3 thievery on 130 fairly easily. Icy, gotta be careful. T3 on 125 is faceroll. Except those where I need to ensure NPC survival. They seem to fold real quick.

Are the pets, the 2 cloaks and this bat thing everything there is to barter for from this event? If that is the case I won't bother. I don't like skirmishes to begin with but if there were better rewards to barter for I would drag myself through some skirmishes. The essences you can get for doing skirmishes repeatedly don't interest me.

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    Having a great time with the skirmish event. I didn't run it last year, but since then I've discovered how much fun skirmishes are.

Regarding rewards, I don't pay that much attention the "useful" items. I'm usually most interested in cosmetics and housing. Do rewards for every event need to be unique to that event? There are enough different events with different rewards out there that I'd be perfectly happy with some overlap. MOAR housing.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quick question - if one's done the T3 deed last time, you can't get both golden essences for quests and deed anymore, but only the one for 12x quests?
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Quote Originally Posted by BelamanthDE View Post
    Quick question - if one's done the T3 deed last time, you can't get both golden essences for quests and deed anymore, but only the one for 12x quests?
    yes you cannt repeat the deed . So 1 essence for your character this year :P
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

The event idea itself is a nice idea. I like it. However it's as often the "half cooked food" (blame it on lack of resources I guess) and implementation that is leaves alot to be desired. Although it was all brought to light last year, nothings been done. Lack of proper skirmish soldier scaling as well as lack of allied NPC scaling still since LvL 105 was the cap. No new deed tier to build on to get another reward, or a reset of the old deed etc. These are things that would have been much more important I think to work on then a new flashy Hobbit Present menue or upcoming new weapon auras for example (with already limited resources, resources was still put into things like that instead it seems). Not to mention all the other abandoned game system and mechanics in-game. War-steeds scaling, fellowhip manouvers, racial traits just to mention a few. Things that have been repeated ad nauseam in these forums for years and years and nothings been done about them still.
    Last year, developers say what they really like responses from players about Skrimish Event. They consider it as great success, and promise what skrimish event will be back again in 2020, also they promise to make it even better. And right now, they say.... ooops, we don't have enough time. Only 3 new pets and 1 new item. They can add new deeds, new quests, they can add new mechanics and new bosses. They can add new harbringers what we can meet in 3-man skrimish, or 6-man skrimish, or 12-man raid skrimish.

I looked at the rewards for completing 3 skirmishes and felt like crying.

Last year, developers say what they really like responses from players about Skrimish Event. They consider it as great success, and promise what skrimish event will be back again in 2020, also they promise to make it even better. And right now, they say.... ooops, we don't have enough time. Only 3 new pets and 1 new item. They can add new deeds, new quests, they can add new mechanics and new bosses. They can add new harbringers what we can meet in 3-man skrimish, or 6-man skrimish, or 12-man raid skrimish.
    I think just adding a "Harbingers (Intermediate)" and next year an Advanced, and then a Final, would solve the deed reward problem for a few years.. yea it can be different Harbingers, but also the same ones. The important part is making the deed available again.
    I wouldn't gate it behind size tho.. there's already a t3 one, so I'd like to keep it fair for everyone, whether they like grouping or not.

I didn't play in early 2019. The daily X/12 quest that gives an essence is labeled as repeatable, and there's >24 days to the event. So why are people saying they can only get 1 essence per character from that quest this event?
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Once again, you have nailed it.

Very well said.

Aria toons FYI. Any boosted toons will still need to quest through Moria and Mirkwood epics to unlock those skirmishes for this event.
    This is Cyan.
    This is Teal.
    Learn your colors people.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    I didn't play in early 2019. The daily X/12 quest that gives an essence is labeled as repeatable, and there's >24 days to the event. So why are people saying they can only get 1 essence per character from that quest this event?
    You can only do the 12 Skirmish assaults once during the event. Second essence is from a deed doing every single skirm at least once on t3 but you have done the t3 deed last year, you cannot get it done again, hence 1 essence per character this year for those who has done t3 deed last year.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Thumbs up

Yes, adding more deeds like advanced, final etc would have been one way to fix the deed thing. Or simply reset the deed each year. Adding harbingers will still not solve the scaling issue unfortionetly. If some skirmsihes are already next to impossible for many classes, as the NPC's dies, well then the sdcaling needs to be resolved first. If it hasn't been since LvL cap was 105 or since 1 year ago when last time we had this event and peopel pointed that out, then I would not hold my breath it will be fixed until next time, when skirmish soldiers, as well as allied mobs will die in like 1-2 hits at LvL cap 140, or 145 etc and result in failed skirmishes at LvL cap T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Once again, you have nailed it.

Very well said.
    Well I didn't add any *rollingeyes* so still not 100% perfect, he he he !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3