We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack

Hunter Suggestions, Please Help

I'm quite confused with how stats work nowadays and would really appreciate some help or direction to any good guides (everything I found is obsolete since SSG keeps changing the class drastically with each update).

What are the key stats for hunters today? I remember pre-Mordor resistance was really important, but don't hear much about it anymore. Is it still phys mastery and crit rating with finesse in 3rd? What are good levels to try to reach? How about Agility? It seems like AGI gives a nice balance between phys mastery/crit/evade/parry, would u prioritize this over the others?

In terms of playstyle, I run 3 mans to try to get gear, I am hoping to do the raid in the future, but I mostly care about PvMP.

Any suggestions on LI set ups would be greatly appreciated too.

Also, for PvMP specifically, would really appreciate if someone could critique these two options:

https://imgur.com/470hEIW

https://imgur.com/Vy2a4bN

Thank you!!
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Resistance was never important to hunters, infact not really to any class. Nice to have some on tanks for example but only as a passive gain from gear/stats etc, never aim for it.

Till Mordor it was crit first then mastery. Since Mordor is the other way around as 1 mastery essence was/is giving more damage increase than 1 crit essence. Finesse is important. The sweet spot for hunters used to be usually between 20-25%. Main stats such as agility are not that great anymore compared to straight crit and mastery as they mastery gain from main stats are really bad nowadays. Parry and evade you don't need to worry about as a hunter.

For legacies there are a few must have ones such as induction and focus crits then you are gonna have to make a choice from heart seeker damage, damage over time, induction bow damage, upshot damege, quikc shot crit, quick shot damage and swift bow damage. In ideal world you would want 2 bows (one for induction skills and other one for focus ones) to have all the nice legacies. Leave burn hot damage legacy for a swap bow as well. Melee weapon doesn't really have many good ones tbh. Barrage damage (if you are planning on playing blue in the moors or just for questing), merciful shot, precision stance crit (this is the important), rains of arrows damage (even if you only hitting one target it deals more damage than a pen shot). I see a lot of hunters using finesse legacy which does absolutely nothing as one would need to keep swapping stances every 10 seconds to get a 0.2% or so finesse, not to mention that those hunters don't even know how this one works so not even stance swapping themselves anyway.

As for your traitlines, moving target and plant feet never ever worked so they are a waste of trait points as well as bow of the righteous (as no one really have power problems anymore), precision stance trait is no longer giving you alot of focus every 3 seconds so not worth traiting either. In red you definitely want 5/5 on pen shot debuff as this one is nearly gamebreaking, probably no need for rains of arrows unless you just want to hit a group of creeps to leech some points, bodkin arrows is really good one if you are on your own. If you re going for some yellow stuff then survival gear is a good choice but it cost 12 points to max it out, damage over time is not bad but the rest is a waste in my opinion. I would rather spend those points in red line.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    Resistance was never important to hunters, infact not really to any class. Nice to have some on tanks for example but only as a passive gain from gear/stats etc, never aim for it.

Till Mordor it was crit first then mastery. Since Mordor is the other way around as 1 mastery essence was/is giving more damage increase than 1 crit essence. Finesse is important. The sweet spot for hunters used to be usually between 20-25%. Main stats such as agility are not that great anymore compared to straight crit and mastery as they mastery gain from main stats are really bad nowadays. Parry and evade you don't need to worry about as a hunter.

For legacies there are a few must have ones such as induction and focus crits then you are gonna have to make a choice from heart seeker damage, damage over time, induction bow damage, upshot damege, quikc shot crit, quick shot damage and swift bow damage. In ideal world you would want 2 bows (one for induction skills and other one for focus ones) to have all the nice legacies. Leave burn hot damage legacy for a swap bow as well. Melee weapon doesn't really have many good ones tbh. Barrage damage (if you are planning on playing blue in the moors or just for questing), merciful shot, precision stance crit (this is the important), rains of arrows damage (even if you only hitting one target it deals more damage than a pen shot). I see a lot of hunters using finesse legacy which does absolutely nothing as one would need to keep swapping stances every 10 seconds to get a 0.2% or so finesse, not to mention that those hunters don't even know how this one works so not even stance swapping themselves anyway.

As for your traitlines, moving target and plant feet never ever worked so they are a waste of trait points as well as bow of the righteous (as no one really have power problems anymore), precision stance trait is no longer giving you alot of focus every 3 seconds so not worth traiting either. In red you definitely want 5/5 on pen shot debuff as this one is nearly gamebreaking, probably no need for rains of arrows unless you just want to hit a group of creeps to leech some points, bodkin arrows is really good one if you are on your own. If you re going for some yellow stuff then survival gear is a good choice but it cost 12 points to max it out, damage over time is not bad but the rest is a waste in my opinion. I would rather spend those points in red line.
    Thank you for the response! And from a R15 hunter too!

So, are you suggesting as far as essences go to dump everything into phys mastery, and once that is capped start doing crit rating? All this while making sure finesse is somewhere in the 20-25% range (which should be pretty easy just w/ gear).
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Thank you for the response! And from a R15 hunter too!

So, are you suggesting as far as essences go to dump everything into phys mastery, and once that is capped start doing crit rating? All this while making sure finesse is somewhere in the 20-25% range (which should be pretty easy just w/ gear).
    Finesse should be enough just from gear, indeed. Then I would suggest to have about 25% crit (with trait) as I think having a lot of mastery but very low (15% or so) crit not gonna work well.

On a side note I have not been playing much since Minas Morgul came as the grind and instances are too much garbage for me to bother anymore. So make sure to get more information from other hunters as well.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Build

U want to get at least cap crit then dump in a bunch of physical mastery, get the tact mitigation cloak from will armor lootbox you trade embers for. As for LIs there is only one way to make them, and u need a swampy for burn hot, can post that later if u want. Hunter was main but they are so garabage right now not worth playing