We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Patch] BuffMonitor with Quickslots

BuffMonitor is similar to BuffBars; it shows a progress bar for each buff on your character that you are interested in. It is simpler and less configurable than BuffBars, but it has one advantage: When a buff expires, it doesn't disappear from BuffMonitor. So it helps you remember which buffs you need to use in the future.

This patch adds a useful feature to BuffMonitor: It adds a quickslot to each buff bar. You can drag an item or skill there, so you don't have to remember which skill/item corresponds to each buff.

For example, I can't ever remember which foods are "cooked", "trail", or "fortifying", so I put the relevant food item in the quickslot. When the buff expires, I don't have to figure out which food I need; I just click on the quickslot next to the buff timer.

Here's what the window looks like, with effect icons on the left, and quickslots on the right:

You can download the original plugin and this patch at lotrointerface.com.

Version 1.1.1 of this patch is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.1.1 release notes

New feature:

• When you change screen resolution, the bars will now appear in the same position on the screen, regardless of resolution.

Bug fix:

• When you change screen resolution, or switch between windowed and full-screen, the quickslots will now be updated correctly.

Version 1.1.2 of this patch is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.1.2 release notes

Bug fix:

• In the previous version, the plugin would steal focus from the chat window whenever an effect (buff) was added to or removed from your character. This caused all kinds of crazy stuff because the keypresses were being interpreted as hotkeys, rather than chat text.

Version 1.1.3 of this patch is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.1.3 release notes

Bug fix:

• In the previous version, if you set the plugin to automatically load at login, any effects that were on your character at login would not be displayed. This is now fixed.

With the original author's permission, I have taken over the maintenance of BuffMonitor.

This patch is now incorporated into the main plugin, and is therefore obsolete.

Hi,

Any chance of adding Xpos/Ypos slider under Options > UI Elements?

There are sliders for height and width but not for position.

Thanks!