We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legendary server and LI further problems since update!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems anybody on Legendary server before this update that made second ages or had dropped first ages and built them up got screwed... Already made LI's fully geared with starlite crystals and relics did not get the buff from the patch. Only a new crafted LI second and first ager got the fix. Given how hard it is to get first agers and how rare they are, a lot of people want second and first agers for the points and this really hurt the limited few that got a first age drops and the guilded people that made second ages and built them up to be ready for this patch only to find out they should have waited, is a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Sherush; Mar 04 2020 at 01:17 PM.

2. Mar 04 2020, 12:37 PM

I haven't logged in today yet.. so I haven't seen anything first hand.

Regarding your complaint, I'm afraid that has been their policy for quite some time. Crafted items don't get changed with the future updates.. There was quite an uproar not long ago when this happened to our hard earned crafting ingredient boxes from the Minas Morgul instances. 10 boxes per item, some items like shields were bugged (wrong item level) and when they fixed it, our existing items didn't update.

So... here I waited and I didn't craft or max anything coz the fix had to come at some point. Does it suck to have to play at their pace instead of ours? Yes, yes indeed. But it is what it is.

Btw, people tell me class LIs haven't been touched at all. I sent several bug reports, one per BR build we had, and it's still broken??? I totally quit on helping these guys.

I dropped 1,000 gold on a 1st age symbol AND made a shiny new staff based on the bullorarer notes that these would be fixed in this update. I am here today to validate that anything made prior to today did NOT get updated / fixed.

I am highly disappointed. This isn't just the 1,000 gold, it's the new relics, the wasted star lits, the pile of empowerment scrolls... ugh. From a customer service and satisfaction perspective in a computer game - this is about as bad as it gets.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    I dropped 1,000 gold on a 1st age symbol AND made a shiny new staff based on the bullorarer notes that these would be fixed in this update. I am here today to validate that anything made prior to today did NOT get updated / fixed.

I am highly disappointed. This isn't just the 1,000 gold, it's the new relics, the wasted star lits, the pile of empowerment scrolls... ugh. From a customer service and satisfaction perspective in a computer game - this is about as bad as it gets.
    Yeah, can we at least get our star-lit back? im so angry at ssg right now

I can confirm I have a lot of very very unhappy and pissed off people in my raiding kin over this and also how far moral has dropped. Everybody is in a terrible mood. This had to be the worst update to hit us so far. I lost starlights as well and relics and scrolls as I was changing out of 75 LI's ....

Thank you, SSG! The players of the legendary servers dont like your update! Our tanks lost 10k life and a lot of damage on Level 85. You destroyed the legendary weapons and all the work for jewellery. A dropped blue item is much better then a golden crafted one. Nobody wants the erebor set, because its so bad. Making
    erebor raids t2 is just a dream right now. Thanks SSG.... for destroying fun at the game.

What's worse is they claim the "fix" cannot be applied to previously crafted items, yet every single piece of crafted jewellery now has totally different stats, as do crafted pieces of armour including horselords pieces I had just made a couple of days ago, yet my crafted 2nd age book and staff which I built up did not get the benefit of the patch as others have commented.

These changes totally changed my build. Before the patch I had tactical mastery, crit rating, and mitigations all capped nicely, and my finesse (while not super high at 33%) was more than enough for current end game work at 85.

The update caused a loss over 3k morale from a direct drop in vitality stats across the board, my mitigations were screwed up beyond belief; my tactical mastery and crit ratings dropped by a huge margin. Meantime my finesse is now over 45% when cap is 50%. Ridiculous changes altogether. I can only imagine how tanks must have been impacted by this...

After spending the last three hours fooling with virtue load outs and changes to some jewellery, I was able to return my mitigations to cap levels, recover some morale and cap out critical rating, but my tactical mastery is still messed up and I now have to consider spending gold, shards and all other resources to get new weapons.

I noticed the stats on the Erebor sets which I can now barter for are also different than they were, and the Barad Guldur level 85 sets are STILL LOCKED.

The last time I left this game, was at the release of Helms Deep and the trait trees. One reason was because of the massive amount of irrevocable changes it caused to my Captain and Loremaster, which were so overwhelmingly bad that it was painful to even attempt to play them at that time. This sweeping revamp of stats feels akin to that.

Not sure WHAT SSG thinks this is improving, but I can only imagine what a mess folks at level 130 are in if this is just another day at the office for patch roll outs where random changes no one asked for and for no good reason are just dolled out for -- what? -- fun? whose?

Really awful experience. Very disappointing.

Totally Demoralizing.

With today's patch. everyone i have talked to on the legendary server of Anor is reeling. its just ridiculous. the changes have made any chance of clearing t2 content for 85, let alone challenge quests, almost impossible.

SSG we love this game, why can't you show us some love, i kept my second agers with the expectation that they would be modified to reflect the change in Damage and Healing stats inherent on the items. to find out that since we actually put time and effort into them, they won't change, that is ridiculous. as stated above, other crafted items have been changed. why cant the LIs? this change to itemization is just killing any hope of the legendary servers continuing, your literally pushing people away with this sort of thing.

we just want to play a game that we love. not log in to find all our work for the last few weeks or even days is just ruined. With the amount of depressed people in my kin on Anor i wouldn't be surprised if a bunch leave with this recent change.

i can understand wanting to change item stats, but you literally just took away all the vitality gear, and replaced it with the Fate gear. the recipe says Vitality, but a bunch of them are actually missing the stat now. they are just the fate one. and some Teal pieces are better optimized than the gold versions. please talk to your itemization person and work with them to give them more manpower to get this fixed. we can't keep playing a game were we can't make a viable gear load-out.

The goal of a Video Game company should be to retain people and keep them playing, with this update your shoving them out the door and showing them that this is starting to be a pattern and that you shouldn't come back. I can only hope i'm wrong, but it really doesn't feel like i am. i want to stay here, i want to complete the big battle page, i want to go through all the content i missed, but i don't feel like i can if we keep getting pooped on like this. please read this SSG and try to work with us, not against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Evenya View Post
    . . . A dropped blue item is much better then a golden crafted one. Nobody wants the erebor set, because its so bad. Making
    erebor raids t2 is just a dream right now. Thanks SSG.... for destroying fun at the game.
    A green dropped weapon is better than anything a guilded WS can make - after guilding AND mastering the tier to be able to load Wildermore recipes. Green 1h 301.9 dps, crit Wildermore 270 dps. Crit horse lord items are 102 item level, green drops are 125 item lvl Stats on crafted medium armor are so poor that I'm using 75 for many pieces. Having guilded and rushed to master to start cds most of my crafters are making nothing at all.

Also screwed on LIs as post star lits maxed 2nd age bow is around 30 dps less than unlevelled bow.

I elsewhere said that failures to reward effort are the greatest threat to the survival of this game and these are yet more examples.

I have just noticed that instead of addressing the legion of gearing issues and avoiding trashing maxed LIs, they dedicated resources to nerfing 75 crafted gear, eg Great River Earring of Agility now has 660 phys mastery instead of 1319 phys mastery.

Who the Whatever makes these decisions and why do they make irking their paying customers their first priority? (posits guess it's the same person who decided creating and coding dwarf candles was a great use of limited resources)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonde View Post
    Who the Whatever makes these decisions and why do they make irking their paying customers their first priority?

Ah, if I only had a dollar for every customer who has asked these same two questions over the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Prialyss View Post
    What's worse is they claim the "fix" cannot be applied to previously crafted items, yet every single piece of crafted jewellery now has totally different stats, as do crafted pieces of armour including horselords pieces I had just made a couple of days ago, yet my crafted 2nd age book and staff which I built up did not get the benefit of the patch as others have commented.
    I believe that regular items and Legendary Items are stored entirely differently in the database. A Regular Item is stored by reference on the character, so you are just carrying a reference item and not a unique item. The reference points to the Master Item which can be edited by SSG to change them all. Some are even defined as scalable based on level and formulas.

Legendary Items on the other hand are unique once you identify them, so there is only one particular reference to exactly that item. You cannot simply change all the LIs with a simple change as they are unique and there are lots of them in the game.

That does not answer the question of whether the LIs should have been fixed regardless. I can only say that I personally did not Identify my 2A weapons before the patch as I suspected this would happen.
    Zohal
    85 Warden - Leader of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I always knew that when the LS reached Rohan the game would start to crumble, but I had no idea it would be because of the LI system. At least it's a distraction from rubber banding warsteeds and unplayable lag.

I joke but I do genuinely feel bad for you guys, it really sucks to devote time and effort into something only to have the rug pulled out from under you.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Zohal View Post
    I believe that regular items and Legendary Items are stored entirely differently in the database. A Regular Item is stored by reference on the character, so you are just carrying a reference item and not a unique item. The reference points to the Master Item which can be edited by SSG to change them all. Some are even defined as scalable based on level and formulas.

Legendary Items on the other hand are unique once you identify them, so there is only one particular reference to exactly that item. You cannot simply change all the LIs with a simple change as they are unique and there are lots of them in the game.

That does not answer the question of whether the LIs should have been fixed regardless. I can only say that I personally did not Identify my 2A weapons before the patch as I suspected this would happen.
    Your are right. It doesn't answer the question of whether the LIs should have been fixed.

IDing an LI for the legacies it contains is one thing.

The assigned raw DPS level for all LIs of a given age (1st, 2nd or 3rd) from a given level is another, and not relevant to the ID'ing of said weapon's legacies which make it unique next to another of the same age and level.

Starlight crystals being applied to an LI might be more relevant, but even then they only have so far to render the value in the tables.

They could have corrected this but chose not to do it.

EDIT: example of when they did was with the Mirkwood update back in the day; they reset the points on all Legendary Items, including ones that were already equipped, and the existing LI got converted to the new tables.
    Last edited by Prialyss; Mar 06 2020 at 08:00 PM.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Yeah, this is definitely a fixable problem. If LIs *without* star-lit crystals can be fixed, LIs with them should be able to, as well.

Barring that, give GMs the power to award players *at the very least* 1st/2nd Age symbols and star-lit crystals if they can see that they have an affected LI.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

17. Mar 07 2020, 11:09 AM

Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Yeah, this is definitely a fixable problem. If LIs *without* star-lit crystals can be fixed, LIs with them should be able to, as well.

Barring that, give GMs the power to award players *at the very least* 1st/2nd Age symbols and star-lit crystals if they can see that they have an affected LI.
    Agree 100 percent SSG polices that were put is place are a crime in my point of view and should be changed. They are killing their own business.

Aso notice that the second hand dropped 3 ages are high tactical healing than even first ages... that was never touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Fully agreed - this can not be overstated enough. You can reset any item except those with star-lit crystals attached.

This process has made me fully committed to cease spending money in the store from now on, other than from subscription points I accumulate. If I use items from the store on an item I was told would be "fixed" (no mention of not retroactively fixing), why would I continue to use the store? People who spent money on star-lits are likely the customer base who would continue to purchase such enhancements. It is completely reasonable for players to ask for either compensation or a way to still reset star-lit items.

This might be a coding issue (I don't know), but it would be great if a star-lit removal could somehow exist and be granted to players to solve this issue (star-lit + renewal) and fix those broken items.
    Finnegan - Anor Server

Formerly, Galadheru (and others) - Evenstar Kinship, Vilya server.

Tomorrow's notes: No mention to the much needed Class LI fix. And the jewellery fix lists less than half of the items that were affected last update.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Tomorrow's notes: No mention to the much needed Class LI fix. And the jewellery fix lists less than half of the items that were affected last update.
    Noticed this too - I thought trashing symbols, scrolls of empowerment and delving, starlits and legacies extracted from lvled LIs, would have merited a priority fix, and particularly on a server struggling for population.

Indeed. No mention whatsoever of the horselords gold crafted armour pieces which were adversely affected either.

SSG Dont Care

I spent real money on store items to buy upgrades for a now obsolete LI. Under EU regulation we are allowed a refund on items purchased online within 14 days, I suggest anyone that falls into this category request a refund from SSG, titled "service or product not as expected".

Tomorrow's notes: No mention to the much needed Class LI fix.
    Becausse its not fixed, its not even aknowledged.

I did file a ticket got told 'no' and directed to https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rsement-Policy so I wont spent a single cent anymore until I get what I've payed for. While this may sound like a hard to keep claim, with the release of New World ( https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063730/New_World/ ) soon it be quite easy to find another direction to let some cash flow
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

Fix for the Class LI values bug?

Official reply so far:

I can't blame Covid for this.

Lightbulb

Crickets Chirping

As usual I guess. Crickets chirping could be [inserted] into many threads and issues. So nothing really new to be surprised about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast