We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beorning loot is broken

SSG still doesn't understand Beorning itemization. It's an endgame Will-based healing class yet 99% of the loot that drops for us in endgame is Might-based tank and DPS gear. Getting my toon geared for raid healing is frustratingly slow and it feels like I've been cheated since I paid extra to unlock this premium class. How do you guys manage?

I got gear drops with might + outgoing healing from small runs (3 and 6 men instances) and started from there. Done raid on t1 couple of times and got few drops with same stats. Did heal t2 but only first boss and side bosses. I still have two light armor pieces from Anvil. Anyway, I am however really not sure if that would be enough for further progress. It seems to me it would be more likely combo of heavy armor with will jewellery. Not experienced enough just yet but I hope someone who done entire raid on t2 can advise.

I also have to put on will gear in certain slots to have the right stats for my blue captain build. If they just traded out the phys mastery on might+ogh gear and either put in a slot or more crit, neither class would have to use will gear to get the right stats even when might itself>will itself for both capts and bears.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

SSG's shift in how tactical mastery is calculated (back in the early spring) wazzed healers up.

At this point you get more from gear with raw outgoing healing which means the best options aren't available via standard gameplay or loot. You need to farm motes until you're blue in the face for that gear. Lots of good OGH options there, however it is all light armor stuff.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    SSG still doesn't understand Beorning itemization. It's an endgame Will-based healing class yet 99% of the loot that drops for us in endgame is Might-based tank and DPS gear. Getting my toon geared for raid healing is frustratingly slow and it feels like I've been cheated since I paid extra to unlock this premium class.
    How do you guys manage?
    You dont know your class yet you are here to judge ssg'? (im also prety sure you unlock the class at 75% dioscount) Also there are bears with no problm to heal ANY tier content, because yea, bear is top 1 healer atm.
    Beor was never been will based class. Its a might based healing class. Check your stats.
    Have fun.

(same to the blue cpt guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    You dont know your class yet you are here to judge ssg'? (im also prety sure you unlock the class at 75% dioscount) Also there are bears with no problm to heal ANY tier content, because yea, bear is top 1 healer atm.
    Beor was never been will based class. Its a might based healing class. Check your stats.
    Have fun.

Would you care to help the man out and elaborate some on your comment?

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I assume what he means is that Might is a Beorning's main stat, not Will. Even for healing. Will gives them mastery as well, but Might gives more.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I assume what he means is that Might is a Beorning's main stat, not Will. Even for healing. Will gives them mastery as well, but Might gives more.
    Thanks

I did some research and found something interesting. I would be curious if anyone had some numbers and parses to clarify this info.

Might
    For Beornings, Captains, Champions, Guardians and Wardens, Might also increases weapon damage. For these classes, Might also increases the damage of tactical skills and healing.

Will
    For Beornings, Lore-masters, Minstrels, and Rune-keepers, Will also increases the damage done with a weapon or tactical skills and increases Outgoing Healing.

Let us also consider tthat might gives us 2.5 points towards tactical mastery. While will gives us 2 points towards tactical mastery.

So this starts to pose the question, what stat is better for healing?? Both states will increase your healing, however I would be under the impression will would be more bang for your buck with the increase to raw outgoing healing
    Last edited by Knight19; Jun 10 2020 at 09:23 AM.

It's funny as you posted that I added that into my post. At any rate that shows that might is only giving us half a point per point of might over will.
    This still doesnt tell me what effect will has on outgoing healing for beorning. Right now with the changes to fate and crit it has been determined that you want your outgoing healing capped. So I would assume that once you cap outgoing healing you would want to filter in as much might gear as possible to increase tactical mastery to increase heals. But that still doesn't really help us while prioritizing will cs might gear while we are trying to hit our stat caps. Unfortunately I dont have the gear to swap around to answer that question but hopefully someone does

The point of using will gear on a beorning or blue captain isnt for the will itself. Will is trash. But might only slightly less trash. The point is to get more OGH and crit, the best combination of which is stacked often onto will gear by SSG until you get to t2 sets.

So for t1 remm armor, the light helm (especially), shoulders, and gloves are best in slot for a healing beorning until you get the Exhilarating Charge set which has the holy grail on many pieces: might+crit+ogh. Unlike the t1 light helm which has good itemization (will+ogh+crit), the t2 yellow set helm has awesome itemization (might+crit+ogh and extra vit as lagniappe).

For jewelry, I used:
    Protector's Bracers of Succor (might): they have the most net crit and OGH. Absolutely perfect. If all might gear looked like that, we'd never ever use any will gear.
    Healer's Studs of Darkness (will): will+crit+ogh. Obviously might+crit+ogh is better, but there is no such earring with an essence slot too. Warrior's Stud of the Web is closest; it has finesse, which blue caps dont care about and bears do. An ilvl 426 Healers Stud of Darkness with a finesse essence would have, net in effective essences: 1.3 EE OGH, 1.36 EE crit, 1 EE finesse. For the Warrior's Stud of the Web with OGH essence: 1.28 EE OGH, 1.39 EE crit, 0.68 EE finesse. For yellow bears, slight advantage to the will earring; for blue caps, clearly the will earring wins since you can not use the finesse (all cap heals fire even if the heal is evaded, and defeat responses will still be plentiful). The Protectors Stud of Ministration tries to be a good heal bear/capt piece, but is spoiled by having so much PM taking up itemization budget with no essence slot at all; it cant compete with either of those two mentioned. T5 AM earrings, which came out since this topic started, are clear best in slot though with perfectly ideal itemization.

Not going to go through it all but I'm looking to pick up the might/crit/finesse rings for the bear whereas I'll keep using the will/TM/OGH rings for the captain. Theres a might+ogh ring from the raid, but it wastes too much itemization budget on extra might and raw PM to be worthwhile for either bear or blue cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    Have fun.

You do a poor job of looking at the whole picture (net OGH and crit, not mere precursor stats)
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Jun 19 2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian