We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In Harms Way ranks 2 & 3 broken/bugged

I'm not sure how long it's been like this, but the 2nd and 3rd rank of the In Harms Way trait, which are supposed to reduce the damage you take from the skill by 10% and 20% respectively, do nothing at all per my testing from tonight with friend. I repeated them with my herald so I could see it all in my own combat log--see the screenshots below. Concorde was taking 1214 per hit from the dummy, and with r3 IHW, he took 607 and I took 607 as well; I retraited (and slightly renamed my herald to track) to r1 IHW and got the same 607 / 607 split.

A couple other points about the skill that are likely WAI but you may find interesting: IHW takes the damage on the targets after accounting for the targets' mits and -inc damage modifiers and gives you half, factoring neither your own mitigations or -inc damage modifers. But it's supposed to factor your IHW-specific -inc damage modifier; beorning Sacrifice works the same way. Concorde and I both took 516 damage when using Shield brother and IHW at the same time--that 15% wasn't double counted. And when I tried an IHW plus as SotD on myself, it didn't work at all; we both took 607 again.

Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Does IHW affect the -% inc damage stat in character panel?

3. Apr 09 2020, 09:05 AM

Oh, good call. It does show up there an it does stack additively with other sources to reduce the damage I take from enemies. It just doesn't reduce the damage I divert from allies to myself. So it's not broken after all, it's just devalued/unintuitive. It would be better if the 20% damage reduction worked like how Beorning traits All on the Line and Grimbeorn's Strength work with Sacrifice.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Yeah, this is not broken. It just gives you a buff of -20% inc damage to other sources. Redirected/shielded damage doesn't take into account any of your stats etc, only that of the original target of the damage, which is why To Arms reduces it.

IhW is indeed not broken, works as intended, I sometimes use the skill as an added layer of temporal dmg reduction in moors if I'd feel like brawling.

The 20% inc dmg reduction stacks together with other reduction sources, this is for example hardened state, to arms, Tome of Defence, together u get about 55%+/- dmg reduction added depending on your trait line and or moors.
    WhiteGoliath

In Harms Way does not work in the same way as Beornings Sacrifice.

Sacrifice from Beorning specifically states within its tooltip that a portion of the redirected damage will be mitigated, until recent changes it was possible as a Beorning healer to run with Sacrifice redirecting 70% of the targets taken damage, and for you to then mitigate 45% of that damage.

In terms of Rank 2 & 3 on the IHW trait, that -20% incoming damage is a buff that is applied directly to yourself, not to the group and not impacting the redirect from In Harms Way. In Harms Way redirects 50% of the groups taken damage and redirects that to you at raw value ignoring mitigations and other -% incoming damage buffs. This is all WAI.

Yeah, figured that out in April, thanks guys. Zaheer, you're just repeating my last post.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian