We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hunter Morale

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack

Hunter Morale

Does anyone else notice that hunter morale seems unusually low relative to other classes? I'm finding myself at the bottom of the list in most T1 raids (I have about 194k unbuffed in glass cannon build). My virtues are all L65-L68 so passive morale is there, i have vitality on both LI's, i use the 9k morale class item, my vitality stat tome is maxed, but I'm seeing healers/cc/dps classes with way more morale.

One thing I don't do is use vitality essences because well, we need all the DPS we can get.

Am I crazy or is hunter morale just lower than most other classes?
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Does anyone else notice that hunter morale seems unusually low relative to other classes? I'm finding myself at the bottom of the list in most T1 raids (I have about 194k unbuffed in glass cannon build). My virtues are all L65-L68 so passive morale is there, i have vitality on both LI's, i use the 9k morale class item, my vitality stat tome is maxed, but I'm seeing healers/cc/dps classes with way more morale.

One thing I don't do is use vitality essences because well, we need all the DPS we can get.

I'm right around 200k, with maxed Mastery and Crit currently. When fully raid buffed, that jumps to around 250-260k, which is more than you'll need, assuming things are tanked properly, and you stand where you're supposed to. There is no issue with Hunter morale.
    Eomin 130 Hunter
    Preying Mantis (Elendilmir) Arkenstone
    Eomina 120 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    I'm right around 200k, with maxed Mastery and Crit currently. When fully raid buffed, that jumps to around 250-260k, which is more than you'll need, assuming things are tanked properly, and you stand where you're supposed to. There is no issue with Hunter morale.
    The problem isn't Hunter morale....it's DPS, or lack thereof, and how we build to compensate.

The fact that we currently do sub-par DPS to other classes means that most end-game Hunters are using most of their buffing options, whether Essences, Virtues, or LI Legacies...to squeeze every last bit of DPS we can from these classes.

The result? Hunter mitigations suffer.

Low mitigations and you die....doesn't really matter where your morale stands.

Yeah, we can live through some stuff, with timely self & group heals, maybe dancing into Endurance (if you have time) to spam Quick Shot for heals (still lame)...but most often those low mits mean dying quicker than others or simply getting one shot from bosses.

It's really a case of adding insult (sub-par DPS & not wanted in T2+ groups) to injury.

Again, SSG, you going to address this anytime soon, or just continue to ignore the problem?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies. And whenever they catch you, they will try to kill you. But first...they must catch you. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and you will never be destroyed...

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Intolerance View Post
    The problem isn't Hunter morale....it's DPS, or lack thereof, and how we build to compensate.

The fact that we currently do sub-par DPS to other classes means that most end-game Hunters are using most of their buffing options, whether Essences, Virtues, or LI Legacies...to squeeze every last bit of DPS we can from these classes.

Yeah, we can live through some stuff, with timely self & group heals, maybe dancing into Endurance (if you have time) to spam Quick Shot for heals (still lame)...but most often those low mits mean dying quicker than others or simply getting one shot from bosses.

It's really a case of adding insult (sub-par DPS & not wanted in T2+ groups) to injury.

Again, SSG, you going to address this anytime soon, or just continue to ignore the problem?

This is what I think too. When I inspect RK's I see tons of mitigation and vitality essences, pretty consistently. Their DPS is high enough that they can balance their build, hunters have to put every last ounce of effort into crit and phys mastery since our DPS is so awful. As a result, you see minis, RK's, LM's, and other light classes all having higher morale than hunters with equivalent builds.

It seems like it's not by class design, but rather the fact that hunters have to pile on all offensive stats to attempt to compensate for lackluster DPS.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Intolerance View Post

I just recently reached 130 and am still grinding through Minas Morgul (the city), so haven't finished 'gearing up'.

But I seem to notice a trend that a lot of the hunter (agility) gear I'm getting in quest rewards is skewing down on vitality. I.E., let's say I have an Item level 380-390ish piece of jewelry with (off the top of my head something like +2400 Agility and +2100 Vitality (plus some other stats). The quest rewards I'm seeing will be item-level 400-405 and have a big bump in Agility, say to ~+3400 or so .... but a drop in Vitality down to ~+1300 or so. I've seen this pattern play out with several pieces in a row of late.

Now, maybe the intention is that it will get bumped back up with other pieces yet to be awarded, but so far I've literally seen my vitality go down over the last week or so.

I've yet to go hit the barter vendors for armor and items yet - that will change my build quite a bit. So maybe this is premature to worry about.

EDIT: Okay, I turned in some embers and sigils and the 130 level items definitely fixed this. The 'hunter' pieces are still glass-cannon, but at least they are still an upgrade in vitality compared to the quest rewards. Obviously you can alternatively choose the 'warden' pieces and get a bigger vitality bump, but with significantly lesser agility.
    Last edited by WhifOfDespair; Apr 22 2020 at 09:56 AM.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!