We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Kudos to devs for lastest zone! why is actually awesome!

I want to express gratitude how awesome Wells of Langfold are!

While a lot of players are negative and worry about balance,peformance , loot and so on I'd like to say why I think latest area is such a success in more deeper way

, First of all the history of Rohirrim was super exciting and it lasted quite a lot, we learned something we did not before and was epsecially well written and held me on edge through entire journey

2) DEEDS LORE Description im not sure how many have noticed but if you looked ar your deed there is in through explaintion of each disovered zone and even golbin bolunty, it reminded me on old days when you have massive text , those details are important it shows devs care to present us more than just "discover this and that"

3) Landscape while some think mist is bad or there are too many canyons and its too "annoying" quite opposite its drop dead gorgeous and stunning, especially when you climb so high and can marvel all in wonder ,Lyndblly really stands as ean example attention todetail and view is crazy , forests,rivers,lakes,old ruins, especially mightly fortress of Sundergot and when you look down below.

4) Soundtrack no comment here peerless as always

5) Rewards decent for casual players,it does not take enough coins ,bounties instant travel does not require to travel far

6) Story was great overall i enjoyed Mearas quests and Eagles , not to mention how refreshing is to to suddenly disover lost Hobbit village or explode and climb all these mountains

it saddends me how people don't notice all details and just progress blindly or thinking its all so bad because of performance issue or some mist preventing them to fully experience the region

i suggest next time to take your time stand at one spot, read the quest fully explore more , try to immerse yourself more

lotro is more than just mindless grinding and completing quests,killing countless amount of enemies thnak you

Location great, storyline and quests good, but zone have 0 replayability. 1 boring set of daily quests with 300 embers and zero difficulty, zero instances, not good kindred rewards. It's just filler for next update or scream for additional content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post
    I want to express gratitude how awesome Wells of Langfold are!

While a lot of players are negative and worry about balance,peformance , loot and so on I'd like to say why I think latest area is such a success in more deeper way

, First of all the history of Rohirrim was super exciting and it lasted quite a lot, we learned something we did not before and was epsecially well written and held me on edge through entire journey

2) DEEDS LORE Description im not sure how many have noticed but if you looked ar your deed there is in through explaintion of each disovered zone and even golbin bolunty, it reminded me on old days when you have massive text , those details are important it shows devs care to present us more than just "discover this and that"

3) Landscape while some think mist is bad or there are too many canyons and its too "annoying" quite opposite its drop dead gorgeous and stunning, especially when you climb so high and can marvel all in wonder ,Lyndblly really stands as ean example attention todetail and view is crazy , forests,rivers,lakes,old ruins, especially mightly fortress of Sundergot and when you look down below.

4) Soundtrack no comment here peerless as always

5) Rewards decent for casual players,it does not take enough coins ,bounties instant travel does not require to travel far

6) Story was great overall i enjoyed Mearas quests and Eagles , not to mention how refreshing is to to suddenly disover lost Hobbit village or explode and climb all these mountains

it saddends me how people don't notice all details and just progress blindly or thinking its all so bad because of performance issue or some mist preventing them to fully experience the region

i suggest next time to take your time stand at one spot, read the quest fully explore more , try to immerse yourself more

lotro is more than just mindless grinding and completing quests,killing countless amount of enemies thnak you
    The zone is a 9 out of 10 for me, especially with the newest bugfixes from last week. The better performance with lower mist is very welcome. Landscape, music and quests were always great.

BUT: The endgame quests on the taskboard dont tell that they are not in the open world! I searched 2 hours in the landscape until a friend told me, I have to click the taskboard AGAIN after accepting the daily. The taskboard should show a ring or make a noice or something different. Lots of people are asking for help in the world chat because they have the same problem. Pls fix it!

Same, I love the zone, the Rohirrim history etc but the bounties are a bit easy.. just click the board.

That's not the same as riding up to a certain place, doing the quest and returning.
    It gives us no bonding with the area. (And it's already quite small)

In terms of landscape 10/10 as always of course

Loved the area and all the quests. My favourite type of landscape - Rivers, forests, and mountains (though, not for mounted combat). The rewards are ok, nice to fill gaps (extra embers and gear pieces). Not as good as the Vales was though.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Where are the embers from in the new zone's dailies? I think I missed that part!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Where are the embers from in the new zone's dailies? I think I missed that part!
    Once you have finished the quest arc and done the story about the Mearas, you should get a quest pop up (Can't remember the exact name, but is something to do with the North). I didn't get it pop up on my champ so I just travelled into Limlok, and it popped there. The quest arc is short and simple, and once the final instance is done you will hand in at Skarhald (you'll get teleported there). After that, the bounty board in Limlok will hold the dailies for you. 5 dailies instances, but the ember reward (300 embers) is weekly, along with some more landscape tokens and VXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Once you have finished the quest arc and done the story about the Mearas, you should get a quest pop up (Can't remember the exact name, but is something to do with the North). I didn't get it pop up on my champ so I just travelled into Limlok, and it popped there. The quest arc is short and simple, and once the final instance is done you will hand in at Skarhald (you'll get teleported there). After that, the bounty board in Limlok will hold the dailies for you. 5 dailies instances, but the ember reward (300 embers) is weekly, along with some more landscape tokens and VXP.
    Ah ok - I've been doing the bounties, but didn't spot the weekly. I guess I must have got it on the first day I did it and it hasn't reset yet. Thanks!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Ah ok - I've been doing the bounties, but didn't spot the weekly. I guess I must have got it on the first day I did it and it hasn't reset yet. Thanks!
    Yeah up until very, very recently the weekly only awarded 300 motes and nothing else. That's changed now, and we get embers and VXP. So, yes, it's highly likely you missed that 300 motes message pop up briefly on your screen. It will reset on Thursday

I really hope they add more daily quests, for hobbit zone as example. Public instances, more epic quests (they cover only 1/2 of map), more ineractions with hobbits and great eagles, as well as beornings, will be nice

Mr. Obvious Man saves the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post

It's called "Mists of Wilderland" for a reason lol

Truly a beautiful zone but some of the quests can get a bit boring at times while other quests are very fun and enjoyable.

One example of a questline that is fun and enjoyable is the Sundergrot questline, it was a large new area to explore with a lot of lost history. The mountain there certainly has something mysterious about it that I would love to know more about.

Another wonderful questline is of course the Lyndelby questline, all the quests over there has a strange charm about them and it sure feels like you're in a secret and mysterious hobbit village. The hobbits all have their own personalities and stories, which just adds onto the feeling that you really are in Lyndelby. After completing Lyndelby I sure feel like I know the inhabitants, and they know me as well.

An example of a bad questline is the quests of Limlók. The reason I didn't exactly like this storyline is because it was no actual good story behind it. All I did was help beornings for little to no reason. It wasn't the worst questline I have played, but it sure wasn't the best.

In conclusion the zone is quite beautiful but it lacks some good story in a couple of the quests. One thing I appreciate about the Mists of Wilderland is the mysterious aspect about it. The beastly cave-claw in Scraper's Clough sure makes me want to adventure more around the Langflood to see if I can find more mysterious beasts!
    - Foreman Luino Bauglir -

"Just ask Luino, cause he was there"

Very nice area

I initially was not happy with the new region. Coming into the mist from Ered Mithrin, I had to turn my graphics quality way down just to have decent performance. Then I saw mounted combat (which I really don't like, especially away from the plains) and I wondered WTH they were thinking. Now that those two issues have been addressed, I really love the place. Lyndelby is amazing!