We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

As a High-Elf, how do you enable the extra run speed?

I am a high elf, with "Grace of the Firstborn". It should allow you to run 10% faster out of combat.

How do you enable it? How do you know you are actually running any faster? I have it slotted in my "Race Trait" bar, and it is yellow and active.

How do you know it's active? There is no message or note at the top-left by my name.

Also, I just read a scroll giving me +5% run speed, and that shows active on the top left.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    I am a high elf, with "Grace of the Firstborn". It should allow you to run 10% faster out of combat.

How do you enable it? How do you know you are actually running any faster? I have it slotted in my "Race Trait" bar, and it is yellow and active.

How do you know it's active? There is no message or note at the top-left by my name.

Also, I just read a scroll giving me +5% run speed, and that shows active on the top left.
    I believe it is one of the racial traits for which you need both to:

- Have a racial slot free (they unlock as you level)
    - Have unlocked the proper racial trait by deeding it (I believe this one needs you to kill a certain amount of orcs)

As far as I know, it is active but doesn't show on your skill bar. I have multiple high-elves and you can feel it when it is active. Just do a test with another person who has no speed boost and you should be able to go faster than him slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerthan1997 View Post
    As far as I know, it is active but doesn't show on your skill bar. I have multiple high-elves and you can feel it when it is active. Just do a test with another person who has no speed boost and you should be able to go faster than him slightly.
    Or, if you can't find someone to race you, just time yourself running from, say, the entrance of Bree to the Prancing Pony and compare to one of your own alternate toons.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

OMG, this RUN speed for High Elves is *LAME!* !!!

I ran with my high-elf from the gates of Bree to the arch by the Prancing Pony, and timed it. Then I ran with a noob character and timed that.

The NOOB character = 34 seconds
    The High Elf = 30 seconds

So being a High-Elf with the 10% run speed, you get a whopping 4 second increase in speed. Lame.

OMG, this RUN speed for High Elves is *LAME!* !!!

I ran with my high-elf from the gates of Bree to the arch by the Prancing Pony, and timed it. Then I ran with a noob character and timed that.

The NOOB character = 34 seconds
    The High Elf = 30 seconds

So being a High-Elf with the 10% run speed, you get a whopping 4 second increase in speed. Lame.
    Its a 10% boost, I don't understand what you're expecting? If it takes a normal character 30s to run somewhere, it will take a high-elf 27s (As shown in your own example), because they are 10% quicker. Like... ????

It's worth noting that the high elf run speed does not stack with any other run speed buffs. It did early on in the first beta and they deemed it too much, so they changed it.

I really don't think you get any real speed.

I was running next to a Beorning on a quest, and we ran at exactly the same speed. He didn't have any boosts on.

I really don't think you get any real speed.

I was running next to a Beorning on a quest, and we ran at exactly the same speed. He didn't have any boosts on.
    The high elf racial trait run buff does give you an increase. But, it most definitely isn't 10% as advertised. I'm guessing it is closer to 5% (which is likely an oversight coding error). If you un-equip the race trait, and apply a coffee food buff (10%) it is noticeably faster.