We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Be careful where you tread in Sundergrot

Word of advice on one side of a bridge in Sundergrot you can step down on to the rock outcropping but on the other side it's insta death, no fall just insta death.
    So only visit outcrops if they have a quest item on, not just for the view!
    The insta death wouldn't be so bad if you could rez in place but you can't so not only do you have to fight your way back through loads of irritating goblins to get back doing the many collect 12 things quests but the rez circle is miles away from the entrance to Sundergrot, so it's a long and I mean long ride back too.

So top tip don't die in Sundergrot.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Great tip! This happened to me as I was questing through Sundergrot too, and I thought that it was quite strange. I remember in Mordor, Lhingris there was just a bug like this. You walked on a spot and instant death without falling from any sort of height.
    - Foreman Luino Bauglir -

"Just ask Luino, cause he was there"

I did exactly that and now have to go back for 2 quests (need to finish at least one for the quest deed). I felt like I couldn't breath in there...way to many mobs which can't be avoided. The place is way to big as well for all these collecting quests. I have no idea where the tents could be and just thinking about the sapper quest … If this is a preview of Gundabad … that might be a good place to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I did exactly that and now have to go back for 2 quests (need to finish at least one for the quest deed). I felt like I couldn't breath in there...way to many mobs which can't be avoided. The place is way to big as well for all these collecting quests. I have no idea where the tents could be and just thinking about the sapper quest … If this is a preview of Gundabad … that might be a good place to stop.
    Couldn't agree more, the place is too big with too many mobs and too high a mob density to be enjoyable. The same size with less mobs and at least 1 corridor or alcove with out mobs in would be OK, or a small maze with lots of mobs but huge maze with a never ending number of mobs, is not fun or even a challenge (my single target champ could still pull 6+) it's just tedious and annoying

I also have no idea when the tents are.

Also 3D dungeons is not LOTRO's strong point, the map can't cope and it's a confusing mess. (Moria was fine because each level was 'flat')
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)