We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DwarfMover View Post
    Alot of people had said this already in the thread.
    All emotes were tested. Unless we get a new emote somehow in this quest line i dont see how the emote would work.

I feel we are meant to find some one. A npc like the dwarf i nthe last one, that leads us on a quest trail.
    I tested all the emotes I have, which is almost all except store ones, the recent raid ones and a couple of random obscure ones. I can't think that any of the ones I don't have could be the one we need, and I think there'd be a riot if we ended up having to use a store-bought emote to advance the quest lol. But there are a couple that haven't been tried.

However, I just clicked on all the emotes one by one in my collections panel. It's possible that we have to use certain emotes in a specific order, which I didn't try. I'm having a look at the sentences and I can't think how we are supposed to translate them into emotes though.

I'm not sure about finding someone/something else. I have a strong feeling that we have all we need already.

I was just trying to use emotes (i.e: /hail) to start the string of text so the password comes out as a gray text just like the emote.. but I haven't had any luck yet

3. May 15 2020, 10:08 AM

Just looking in-game, how about the emote /ready?
    When used the emote displays 'You are ready.'

'You cannot understand the whispers. Your mind is closed. Seek the Mighty Ones, and speak the words when you are ready.'

Possibly /ready followed by the text...

/ready Shamukh Throkhâr uzbadu uznanul bazarî

Or using the /ready emote to state that you are ready, and then pasting the text in the say channel.
    The game can easily read chat from /say so it wouldn't be hard as a trigger, but as mentioned the ease for error makes me still doubt it.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Would be nice if a dev could at least say if we are heading in the right direction. With all this work so far, we could still be barking up the wrong tree entirely.
    I was soooo close to begging for a clue yesterday before the cipher was cracked haha. A part of me says that we'll get there soon, we've managed so much already and it would be awesome if we could do it all without any help, but then another part of me says we've basically cracked all of it, what else could possibly be missing? Third day since we reached the "speak the words" part of the puzzle, and we've cracked the cipher but it still doesn't seem clear what to actually say/do . Surely cracking the code was the hard part, and it should be obvious after that? Hmmm...

While I was in the New Devilry instance I noticed the text keeps coming up when you move in to the correct area over and over. Maybe we need to do something in that area?

Just looking in-game, how about the emote /ready?
    When used the emote displays 'You are ready.'

'You cannot understand the whispers. Your mind is closed. Seek the Mighty Ones, and speak the words when you are ready.'

Possibly /ready followed by the text...

/ready Shamukh Throkhâr uzbadu uznanul bazarî

Or using the /ready emote to state that you are ready, and then pasting the text in the say channel.
    The game can easily read chat from /say so it wouldn't be hard as a trigger, but as mentioned the ease for error makes me still doubt it.
    This is a fantastic idea, god damn! Just tried it along with a couple variations, sadly nothing. Wish that was the answer though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    This is a fantastic idea, god damn! Just tried it along with a couple variations, sadly nothing. Wish that was the answer though!!
    Tried it aswell with many variations but nothing happens.

I was soooo close to begging for a clue yesterday before the cipher was cracked haha. A part of me says that we'll get there soon, we've managed so much already and it would be awesome if we could do it all without any help, but then another part of me says we've basically cracked all of it, what else could possibly be missing? Third day since we reached the "speak the words" part of the puzzle, and we've cracked the cipher but it still doesn't seem clear what to actually say/do . Surely cracking the code was the hard part, and it should be obvious after that? Hmmm...
    You guys are doing an incredible job. I'm sure you'll get it. Sometimes "sleeping on it" lets the brain work out problems. Same as when I take a break from a hard word puzzle and come back and see it right away. Even when you aren't thinking about it, your brain is working in the background. I know you can get it without a clue!

[B]A recap so far:

Decoded Whispers:
    ALL HAIL THE NAMELESS MOTHER
    HER CHILDREN WHISPER THE NAME THROKHAR
    ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE CALL OF THEIR LORD
    THE DAY OF HIS RETURN IS NEARING
    THE SLUMBERING ONE SHALL HEAR OUR PLEA
    AND ON THAT DARKEST DAY YOU WILL KNOW DESPAIR
    HE WILL RISE FROM THE DEPTHS AND DEVOUR THE WORLD

Key decoding credits: Giseldah, Faratalath, Hephburz-2

Tossing this idea out there, haven't attempted.

HAIL
    ANCESTORS
    SHADOWED KING
    TO DESIRE
    LORD
    DARKENING (Proper Name of Return Day)
    HE WHO HAS BEEN IMPRISONED
    DARKEST
    TO DIE
    EXCAVATE
    DEPTHS
    TO EAT
    CREATION

Shamukh
    Barâf
    Sakdur Zabadâl
    Birá’rakhi
    Uzbadu
    Unragul
    Mamahkhafdûn
    Uznanul
    Amradi
    Sadimikân
    Bazarî
    Ablagi
    Omih

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbelly_The_Wise View Post
    While I was in the New Devilry instance I noticed the text keeps coming up when you move in to the correct area over and over. Maybe we need to do something in that area?
    Yep, it's the same with the text at the Balrog. I tried running back and forth many times to see if the ciphered text decoded itself if I was standing on the trigger spot. It's possible we have to do something there but I'm not sure.

My suspicion is that the text from the Balrogs isn't actually required to advance the quest, but the words are needed in order to figure out what to say, if that makes sense. Meaning that other players who come to this later on won't all have to rerun New Devilry (or do the whole quest chain in the first place if they haven't yet), and clear all of the Rift, so long as we have the clues already. I'm explaining that badly but I hope you guys know what I mean lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Durand1w View Post
    Tossing this idea out there, haven't attempted.

HAIL
    ANCESTORS
    SHADOWED KING
    TO DESIRE
    LORD
    DARKENING (Proper Name of Return Day)
    HE WHO HAS BEEN IMPRISONED
    DARKEST
    TO DIE
    EXCAVATE
    DEPTHS
    TO EAT
    CREATION
    Sorry, can you explain your logic here for a sec? I'm not following but I am very slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    You guys are doing an incredible job. I'm sure you'll get it. Sometimes "sleeping on it" lets the brain work out problems. Same as when I take a break from a hard word puzzle and come back and see it right away. Even when you aren't thinking about it, your brain is working in the background. I know you can get it without a clue!
    Yeah, I hope so! I just really hope it's soon, before the momentum slows down. This has been very fun so far but everyone has their breaking points

Are we quite sure that "Throkhâr uzbadu uznanul bazarî" would be the correct words?

I mean, the late author of the papers isn't quite sure if Throkhâr should be translated or transliterated (?).
    Perhaps there are mistakes in his Khuzdul, because the thinks about seeking assistance of a dwarf.
    (Okay, that would be cruel by the devs, but according to the lotro-wiki, the word for Lord for instance would be zabad, not uzbadu ...)
    Or perhaps we have to change the ending of some words to factor in the "of the"?

Just some thoughts, but perhaps that's totally misleading ...

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    EDIT: ok .... forget what i wrote below .. (just don't want delete it)

I'm just wonder, why nobody mentioned (or i just didn't saw that in the 18+ pages) that after collecting the remnants and going back to the emissary, a new instance is coming "Say the Words" ... and here the emissary says there:

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    I'm just wonder, why nobody mentioned (or i just diddn't saw that in the 18+ pages) that after collecting the remnants and going back to the emissary, a new instance is coming "Say the Words" ... and here the emissary says there:

What do you mean? aren't we all inside that instance trying to find the words to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    Are we quite sure that "Throkhâr uzbadu uznanul bazarî" would be the correct words?

I mean, the late author of the papers isn't quite sure if Throkhâr should be translated or transliterated (?).
    Perhaps there are mistakes in his Khuzdul, because the thinks about seeking assistance of a dwarf.
    (Okay, that would be cruel by the devs, but according to the lotro-wiki, the word for Lord for instance would be zabad, not uzbadu ...)
    Or perhaps we have to change the ending of some words to factor in the "of the"?

Just some thoughts, but perhaps that's totally misleading ...
    Yeah this is possible, we know that one Khuzdul word is definitely mistranslated. The wiki does list "Uzbad Khazaddûmu" as meaning "Lord of Moria" though, so I think "uzbadu" could just be an alternate form of "Lord".

I am still thinking that the Khuzdul might be a red herring though. Like you say the only reason we are working with it is because the writer of the notes made the assumption that we should be speaking in it, but the fact that it's made clear that it's an assumption, not to mention that the writer is, you know, dead, does make me suspicious. The coded text is all in English, the Balrog popups are English, the Emissary speaks in English...

Yeah this is possible, we know that one Khuzdul word is definitely mistranslated. The wiki does list "Uzbad Khazaddûmu" as meaning "Lord of Moria" though, so I think "uzbadu" could just be an alternate form of "Lord".

I am still thinking that the Khuzdul might be a red herring though. Like you say the only reason we are working with it is because the writer of the notes made the assumption that we should be speaking in it, but the fact that it's made clear that it's an assumption, not to mention that the writer is, you know, dead, does make me suspicious. The coded text is all in English, the Balrog popups are English, the Emissary speaks in English...
    I would think if Uzbad Khazaddûmu means Lord of Moria, then uzbadu should mean "of the Lord"?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    What do you mean? aren't we all inside that instance trying to find the words to speak?
    I think they were pointing out the part about speaking in the kings chosen language? Maybe we need to find out who the king is and what language he speaks

No, sorry, I really do thing that the 'king's chosen language' would be Khuzdul (the king being Durin, as there was his apparition in the crown chamber).
    I just thought that we might not have -quite- the correct words yet.

Zâbad ‘Lord’ or ‘King’ (only singular): e.g. Zâbad Abadûnul ‘King of The Mountain’ (Dain II Ironfoot, later Thorin III Stonehelm) or Zâbad Khazad-dûmul (in F.A. Durin VII and Last)

Royal Commanders (‘high ranking officers’ of the royal line):
    Uzbad ‘Royal’ (singular), Uzbâd ‘Royals’ (plural): e.g. the heirs to the throne, in order of the right to succession: Thorin III Stonehelm; Durin, son of Thorin (later the ‘VII and Last’); Dvalin; Burin (son of Balin); Gloin; Gimli, son of Gloin; [Dori and Nori]
    [maybe this title should only be for those ‘of Durin’s line’ of the Longbeards, as there are some lore in ‘History of Middle-earth’ indirectly supporting this]

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    EDIT: ok .... forget what i wrote below .. (just don't want delete it)

I'm just wonder, why nobody mentioned (or i just didn't saw that in the 18+ pages) that after collecting the remnants and going back to the emissary, a new instance is coming "Say the Words" ... and here the emissary says there:

Thanks for posting that.

To me it is clear that the player must 'say' something, and words is pluralised.

One other consideration I had forgotten... the initial stone for this quest was in elvish, not dwarvish - this was the only stone NOT using dwarvish runes. Perhaps the kings chosen language is not Khuzdul, maybe it should be in Sindarin or Quenya instead?
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

I think they were pointing out the part about speaking in the kings chosen language? Maybe we need to find out who the king is and what language he speaks
    I think we know who the King is (or not fully, but we know to whom the notes refer). As for language, as I posted the skeleton dude assumed Khuzdul, but there are a few other options. Black Speech (unlikely, lack of vocab/grammar etc means it would be a nightmare to try translate into), English/Westron (possible), or the "language we do not understand", that the remnants whisper in. I tried some translating back into the code a couple pages back but like Giseldah pointed out this is also problematic.

Thanks for posting that.

To me it is clear that the player must 'say' something, and words is pluralised.

One other consideration I had forgotten... the initial stone for this quest was in elvish, not dwarvish - this was the only stone NOT using dwarvish runes. Perhaps the kings chosen language is not Khuzdul, maybe it should be in Sindarin or Quenya instead?
    Yeah this is worth a try, it's definitely interesting that this was the only stone not using dwarven runes. I believe someone posted a while back that the writing is Tengwar, but the language is Black Speech, not Sindarin or Quenya. Is it possible this isn't the case? Kam Lagurz obviously was already cracked but still the other two words remain a mystery.
    Last edited by Morellian; May 15 2020 at 10:56 AM.

Cheers! Have tried my best to make the rune a bit more visible but it's very hard to see in general.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Is it possible that the book on the top left is one of the lost lores? This one looks similar...

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...aerband_Prison
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

I tried
    unlockthedoor Converting it to the gibberish codes. Didnt work

u v k j r e x b v u t b o
    u v k j r e x b v u u k b

and speak the words
    s x d v z l l y l f w q p
    s x d v z l l y l f x z c

Yep, it's the same with the text at the Balrog. I tried running back and forth many times to see if the ciphered text decoded itself if I was standing on the trigger spot. It's possible we have to do something there but I'm not sure.

My suspicion is that the text from the Balrogs isn't actually required to advance the quest, but the words are needed in order to figure out what to say, if that makes sense. Meaning that other players who come to this later on won't all have to rerun New Devilry (or do the whole quest chain in the first place if they haven't yet), and clear all of the Rift, so long as we have the clues already. I'm explaining that badly but I hope you guys know what I mean lol.

Sorry, can you explain your logic here for a sec? I'm not following but I am very slow...
    I basically took the entire passage and tried to find words that were 1:1 from the parchment or were similar in meaning. I just tried the full translation and the shorter yellow version based on an earlier post. Neither advanced the quest.

I think they were pointing out the part about speaking in the kings chosen language?
    Forgive me if this came up in the five screens of comments since last night and I didn't see it, but...

We've worked out the one-time pad to convert the fragments to English.

We have three sentences in English from the various Balrogs.

Has anyone tried reversing the pad to convert those three sentences into the same "language" as the fragments?

Is it possible that the book on the top left is one of the lost lores? This one looks similar...

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...aerband_Prison
    It does look like a lost lore book, you're right!! It seems to be a wreath of some kind, possibly with a symbol in the middle but I can't make it out even on max graphics. I had a quick look through all the lore books the wiki has pictures for and can't seem to find anything that matches it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hologro View Post
    Forgive me if this came up in the five screens of comments since last night and I didn't see it, but...

We've worked out the one-time pad to convert the fragments to English.

We have three sentences in English from the various Balrogs.

Has anyone tried reversing the pad to convert those three sentences into the same "language" as the fragments?
    I haven't done those three sentences yet, but I have tried the one we made out of the deciphered capital words - "Hail Throkar, Lord of the Darkest Depths". Nothing as yet. Another problem with this is there seem to be two ciphers, 3 of the remnants use one and 4 another.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast