We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    Anyone found any rewards that are available now, or do we have to wait til Wednesday?
    It seems like we will be getting stuff like this from the instance, probably from higher tiers of the instance though. Currently there is nothing to get from this Secret Stone event. We have to wait until Wednesday, it looks like
    - Foreman Luino Bauglir -

"Just ask Luino, cause he was there"

Quote Originally Posted by LansuEV View Post
    The intended way to solve the remnants cipher was to take the 3 balrog text strings and use them as Vigenère cipher keyphrases one after another. I'm super impressed you guys managed to make a one time pad to crack it!
    This was such a good idea, a shame we didn't take it that far deciphering, and I was trying a vignere decipher lol...
    Having tried this it works, in most cases. But seems to throw up some random gibberish which I think matches the four anomalies found deciphering this morning:

Whispers:
    hmqxwapxgvtsrnryepthxmqktVKDVJ ZSM
    avwddmwfnrcwsyhwgrhevzbjdhwtlh jDJME
    atkCPAPnwvtwwjknsqmomgup
    avcjclluiUFEHMRZirwlitnvdnvnsj spwbmae
    hmvdadvchvkelusnjUCCNGJnffoezb jcxtqobtnk
    tpdypqSZwzxebbtxszqayzivfi
    TPDnamqvtinadwmkxyyyfgvnjqfrty tl

Vignere Keys:
    First run: Ourhatredwillconsumeyou
    Second run: Thespiritofevillingersstill
    Third run: ThewarwiththeValariseternal

Solutions:

atkCPAPnwvtwwjknsqmomgup > mztVPHYjtzlllhwaawakosab > tspDAZHbalghqzlpsjugxaii > allHAILthenamelessmother

hmqxwapxgvtsrnryepthxmqktVKDVJ ZSM > tszqwhytdzlhgldlmvhdzywwzEDDCS VPQ > alvyhzhlklgdldsaeibzigedrTSKVO DAI > herchildrenwhisperthenameTHROK HAR

avwddmwfnrcwsyhwgrhevzbjdhwtlh jDJME > mbfwdtfbkvulhwtjoxvaxlhvjqptsq fANET > tubeolotrhphmoiygkpwgtpcbfealm nLFNL > anxiouslyawaitingthecallofthei rLORD

tpdypqSZwzxebbtxszqayzivfi > fvmrpxBVtdptqzfkafewalohlr > moizapKNapkpvruzssysjtwodg > thedayOFhirirwuosbqafasxqg

TPDnamqvtinadwmkxyyyfgvnjqfrty tl > AIZravunabutzbmzxhqgbnrwwquymu xl> HBVzlndfhnppetbopukckvzdofjffq fw> THEslumberhetrnbxayymhfpuocfmz bt

avcjclluiUFEHMRZirwlitnvdnvnsj spwbmae > mblccsuqfYXTWKDMqxkhkfthjwonzs omatbpc > tuhknkdimKSPBCSBikedtnboblduso wxsctwo > andonthatDZIXHSQitwlpuxxolsblk axbgldh

hmvdadvchvkelusnjUCCNGJnffoezb jcxtqobtnk > tsewakeyezctasearAQYPSPzlohegk fzblfdzfas > alaelcnqllxpfktpjNKUYAXgddwlzg nktuxklawx > hewillriseeibptejWCCUHTpqdlssc rkcyprehpt
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Thank you all for your hard work on this - I tried cracking the runes using my copy of Lord of the Rings and got nowhere fast (For example I thought it was 'the sand faln')

For the Howling Pit what light level do you need solo? - I went in with only my passive 84 and managed to get to wave 17, I've got 120 now as I used some left over tokens to get some essences would that be enough or should I get some more?

Also any tips for Thaurlach my guardian unfortunately doesn't have enough ranged dps so my npc died, would I have enough time to get the wheels on my own? Don't want to go all the way back in if I'm just wasting my time

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Luino_Bauglir View Post
    It seems like we will be getting stuff like this from the instance, probably from higher tiers of the instance though. Currently there is nothing to get from this Secret Stone event. We have to wait until Wednesday, it looks like
    Yep, and I'm guessing some of these rewards will be from the Treasure-seeker vendors, that I expect will appear on Wednesday too. I'm guessing the only reward for the puzzle itself is the goat, which we'll be able to get then too. Bit of a shame there's not even a title but oh well, the journey itself was pretty epic

Has anyone checked if you can now get instance discovery without having done the quests?

Oh, also, the intended way to solve the remnants cipher was to take the 3 balrog text strings and use them as Vigenère cipher keyphrases one after another. I'm super impressed you guys managed to make a one time pad to crack it!
    I have no idea what this means but well done on making such a fiendishly difficult puzzle! Anyone managed to crack this Vignere thing yet?

Congrats all, this was fun quest to do, I liked reading this thread as well.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

One interesting question about new instance. Will it be available for those who didn't complete the event quests? Or goat is the only reward for quests?
    P.S. Final quest has Nothern Gulmarks as a reward. So weird...
    LOTRO Dynamic map - http://dynmap.ruslotro.com

Here's some of what we can expect from the instance:

Offensive Jewellery

Defensive Jewellery

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    One interesting question about new instance. Will it be available for those who didn't complete the event quests? Or goat is the only reward for quests?
    Howling Pit have rewards for update when it appears, same for this instance

The deed is under the new quest pack's tab:

I don't think you need to do the quest to discover it. Just get to the entrance now.

Directions: Go to Foundations of Stone and ride your goat to the Summoning Horn Camp near Dar Narbugud. Face the camp and do a 180. Go up the ramp ahead there and follow it all the way up and around to The Shadowed Cave entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

Do these cosmetics turn you into a dwarfy boi, too?

I would assume that anyone with discovery will be able to access it, since it's a scaling instance, so lower level characters will be able to run it? I dunno though, need to test it to see if you can get discovery without the quest.

Also, is it possible to get any info about, say, the level range of the new instance? And how many tiers there will be on release? Thanks

Thanks for posting these! That jewellery does look pretty decent. I'm hoping we can barter for some of them as well as instance drops, though I wonder what currency we will need to use.

Anyone who wishes to do the instance on its own may do so with just the Discovery Deed completed, however, SOMEONE must release the Shadowed King on your server for the Shadowed Cave to open! The Instance will scale from levels 50 to 130, have Solo, Duo, and 3man modes, and will have tiers.

Oh, also, the intended way to solve the remnants cipher was to take the 3 balrog text strings and use them as Vigenère cipher keyphrases one after another. I'm super impressed you guys managed to make a one time pad to crack it!
    When I saw the fragments, my first thought was "Vigenere cipher", but then I thought there was no way you'd make it that complex. I really should not underestimate you!

Anyone who wishes to do the instance on its own may do so with just the Discovery Deed completed, however, SOMEONE must release the Shadowed King on your server for the Shadowed Cave to open! The Instance will scale from levels 50 to 130, have Solo, Duo, and 3man modes, and will have tiers.
    What is a minimum Lvl for the Discovery Deed? I've got the deed for my 130 main character but my 86 alt didn't get it.
    LOTRO Dynamic map - http://dynmap.ruslotro.com

Discovery is at 14.1S, 94.9W (all the way east in the Foundations of Stone)

Quote Originally Posted by Hologro View Post
    When I saw the fragments, my first thought was "Vigenere cipher", but then I thought there was no way you'd make it that complex. I really should not underestimate you!
    My first thought was Vigenere as well, especially since the mono-alphabetic ciphers can be easily brute forced (and was last event). I played around with using the 3 mighty ones sentences as one very long key (in all orders), but obviously got nowhere. I didn't think of running 3 decryptions in a row!

I see Galuhad has now done this, and it appears to give gibberish after the 10th character (for remnant 4-7), which would explain the anomalies observed this morning!

Anyone here manage to be the one to release the King on their server? Was there a special deed for it?

Dunno if I was going mad but I thought I heard Cordovan say on the stream earlier that there was a time-limited deed related to this, I'm wondering if that was it.

Anyone here manage to be the one to release the King on their server? Was there a special deed for it?

Dunno if I was going mad but I thought I heard Cordovan say on the stream earlier that there was a time-limited deed related to this, I'm wondering if that was it.
    Didn't get one.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Probably Led the Charge type deeds for the instance.

There was no extra title for discovering first
    I was one of the first on my server (2 kinnies were a few seconds before me but did not recieve title either)
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Morale-Smasher - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Offensive Jewellery

Defensive Jewellery
    These earrings are a tank's dream.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Does everyone get this quest now, and how?
    Welp.. there it is

Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Does everyone get this quest now, and how?
    Its a level 120 quest in Erebor a continuation of a quest we did a few years ago called the The Secret Stone I'm unsure if its needed to do the next quest i think it is, but to get new quest it starts in in Erebor you talk to the dwarf Grimyr near the stairs to the throne.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Didn't get one as well

Quote Originally Posted by Crimthann View Post
    Omg, i tried this like an hour but didn't have the caps xD
    Me too! lol *forehead smack*

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast