We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RP Groups - How'd you do it?

Most of my experience with roleplaying in LOTRO is in social events, which is fun. But there's only so much one can take of, "Oh the Puddifoot's leek crop's come in sour this year? Well I never!"

Those of you who do active RP groups who tell your own adventures within the game, which seems to me more like tabletop roleplaying, how do you do it? Is there a "GM" so to speak, who takes you through the tale? What tools do you use and so forth? Does the game client itself get in the way? How do you get around it?

I want to know everything!

Every kinship does it their own way. Some have one of the players who serves as a GM often using ALTs to move a story along. Some stories have set storylines and some like those I have led in my own kin go with the flow of the decisions made by those at the time.

Some have extra secondary skills played out in game through use of the /roll command.

It works because those involved have come together with a positive mindset to play out a storyline.