We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 26.2 - Preview #2 - Closed

Welcome to the Tournament of the Twins

Coming soon, a new time limited server

Server is closed.

The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Once you have reached level 10, you may take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to earn honour completing Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn rewards for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leaderboard. Will you rush to honour your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

• At level 10, approach either of the two sons of Elrond (Elrohir and Elladan), who are present in both Bree-town and Gondamon, and ask to join their faction by accepting a quest.
    • Once you have accepted a quest from one of the twins, you will be able to engage in combat with members of the opposing faction. You will also be able to gain honour by completing deeds throughout Eriador.
    • Each Eriador deed completed grants one hundred points of honor, which is tracked on a leaderboard. Use to the Register of Heroes to view the current leaderboard. Deeds completed prior to accepting a quest from Elladan or Elrohir, or not in the Eriador category, will not count towards this score.
    • Once you are engaged in this quest for honour, your only safe zones from members of the opposing faction are in Gondamon and Bree-town, where the brothers are camped. You will also have a short buff upon reviving that prevents any combat by or against you.
    • During this event, you cannot gain experience points in any instance after level 10. This includes Instance Finder and quest instances.
    • This event is focused in Eriador with a level cap of 50.

News and Notes:
    • The Mount of the Shadowed King now correctly has +68% travel speed and 250 morale.
    • Fixed an issue that caused Shalgoth's Chest (Solo mode Charnel Crypt) name to be incorrect
    • The Shadowed King should no longer run out of Power and be unable to use attacks.
    • Fixed the missing stealth/speed effect from PvP rez.
    • Added a general debuff to players above level 10 to slow the pace of combat somewhat (this disappears inside instances).
    • Established additional safe zones in a major hub for each region in Eregion.
    • Filtered quests will not be accepted when the "Always Accept Automatic Quests" option is enabled.
    • Deed: The Line of Kings: The Plaque for King Aldamir has been returned to its proper place.
    • Added Stealth detection to general PVP pacing effect.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Jun 01 2020 at 10:14 AM.

>An invisibility buff will be granted to players after defeat, not yet implemented.
    Amazing! I think the stealth idea will work, devs might not have been able to get this into this parsing but I really think this will help the graveyard camping issue that we're seeing.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

3. May 26 2020, 03:50 PM

I love that you have disabled xp from instances. Which means you need to travel the landscape in order to level up. No power-leveling through instances.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    An invisibility buff will be granted to players after defeat, not yet implemented.
    Does this mean a non-targeted AoE attack could still hit the freshly-defeated player?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

I wish you guys would have added a gear vendor in the tavern that just had the best lvl 50 gear available on it like you do for the expansion gear. It's not very straightforward on where you need to grab the stuff like it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    I wish you guys would have added a gear vendor in the tavern that just had the best lvl 50 gear available on it like you do for the expansion gear. It's not very straightforward on where you need to grab the stuff like it usually is.
    I love that you have to do pve and crafting to get gear, however it would be cool if they add some kind of pvp vendor that let you get something for the pvp as well. Maybe some pocket items that are BIS, some pots and maybe some class items. These items should be gated behind honour gain. Otherwise, getting gear from raids and instances should be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    I love that you have to do pve and crafting to get gear, however it would be cool if they add some kind of pvp vendor that let you get something for the pvp as well. Maybe some pocket items that are BIS, some pots and maybe some class items. These items should be gated behind honour gain. Otherwise, getting gear from raids and instances should be beneficial.
    I mean yeah sure that's going to be fine normally, but I don't want to spend time doing that stuff on BR really. Not that it really mattered in the end since there wasn't anybody online anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    I mean yeah sure that's going to be fine normally, but I don't want to spend time doing that stuff on BR really. Not that it really mattered in the end since there wasn't anybody online anyways.
    Yeah, I think it's stupid that we don't have bis gear for level 50 in the tavern. That's another issue. I suggested this for the release regarding pvp vendors:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...o-far-trust-me!

There was some pvp going on outside of bree yesterday, and it was actually really fun. I just hope they do some more marketing to get a lot of players on board.

Right now it looks like SSG try repeat trick with Legendary Servers. What players want to see - unique events, new deeds, new quests, new mechanics. What we get - current u26 content, with removed everything above 50 level, and slight changes (2 new NPC, 3 news buffs and task board changed to leaderboard). On first months, it will be hot as hell, and on next months, people quickly leave that server, because newbie don't have any chances to beat leaders in leaderboard. Make leaderboard different for any class, or you will see only burglars and hunters on the top
    Last edited by Elmagor; May 27 2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Right now it looks like SSG try repeat trick with Legendary Servers. What players want to see - unique events, new deeds, new quests, new mechanics. What we get - current u26 content, with removed everything above 50 level, and slight changes (2 new NPC, 3 news buffs and task board changed to leaderboard). On first months, it will be hot as hell, and on next months, people quickly leave that server, because newbie don't have any chances to beat leaders in leaderboard. Make leaderboard different for any class, or you will see only burglars and hunters on the top
    Ehh.. none wanted to see "unique events, new deeds, new quests, new mechanics." What most player wanted was a representation of original classic Lotro, thats if you talk about the legendary server release.

This time around, we get a new capped 50 server, and now they know that SOA flopped hard because of:
    1. Bad itemization
    2. Poor instance/raid balance
    3. Too easy landscape.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Points made above are the reason players wanted a true classic server, because those points were not an issue back then. The game from 1-50 was fun and engaging because it had good balance.

I know that this server is focused on the leaderboard and pvp, but I truly hope that SSG understands that a lot of players will do PVE as well. PVP just gives more reason to PVE, so now they got their chance to make some improvements.

Ehh.. none wanted to see "unique events, new deeds, new quests, new mechanics." What most player wanted was a representation of original classic Lotro, thats if you talk about the legendary server release.
    Nope, I talking about new so called PvP server. As example, creeps have deeds like "kill 500 mans" or "kill 500 hunters". Why they don't try apply them to freeps in new server? What's point of doing same deeds and same quests in Eriador on new server? You can do same deeds and same quests on any other server without open zone PvP. What's point of random fighting between freeps without rewards? If they trying to put some lore into that, like Elladan and Elroir trying spar trainings between freeps when Sauron and nazguls go away, this training must have more when just one huge leaderboard standing in Bree. They need more detailed rankings if they decide to introduce them. Like if you seen some player, see his rank, his title, and thinking "oh, this is dangerous guy, I don't want to trying attack him". Nope, you need always run to PP in Bree to see how is on top now? LOL.

This time around, we get a new capped 50 server, and now they know that SOA flopped hard because of:
    1. Bad itemization
    2. Poor instance/raid balance
    3. Too easy landscape.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    We all know what this never changed.

Points made above are the reason players wanted a true classic server, because those points were not an issue back then. The game from 1-50 was fun and engaging because it had good balance.
    We already know what it never happens, no chances. Stop talking about that.

I know that this server is focused on the leaderboard and pvp, but I truly hope that SSG understands that a lot of players will do PVE as well. PVP just gives more reason to PVE, so now they got their chance to make some improvements.
    That's why they planning to make other server near end of the year, with more hardcore landscape (or instances, we don't know yet) where mobs get buffs from Eye of Sauron.

Nope, I talking about new so called PvP server. As example, creeps have deeds like "kill 500 mans" or "kill 500 hunters". Why they don't try apply them to freeps in new server? What's point of doing same deeds and same quests in Eriador on new server? You can do same deeds and same quests on any other server without open zone PvP. What's point of random fighting between freeps without rewards? If they trying to put some lore into that, like Elladan and Elroir trying spar trainings between freeps when Sauron and nazguls go away, this training must have more when just one huge leaderboard standing in Bree. They need more detailed rankings if they decide to introduce them. Like if you seen some player, see his rank, his title, and thinking "oh, this is dangerous guy, I don't want to trying attack him". Nope, you need always run to PP in Bree to see how is on top now? LOL.
    Well I agree with you here.
    But as I suggested in another thread(https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...o-far-trust-me!), was that the leaderboard thing isn't enough. We need the ranking system in place once we hit level 50, and unique rewards based on your rank. There are already PVMP vendors that you can trade level 50 equipment that are gated behind a rank requirement. They simply need to scale those items to be good, and move those vendors to Bree, then players have something to work for pvp-wise.

We all know what this never changed.
    We already know what it never happens, no chances. Stop talking about that.
    Oh but it did change, many times in fact. All content drops on the LS had balance to instances and raids, BUT it wasn't enough. As an example, Turtle raid morale was buffed by 3x at least. You speak as if buffing mobs inside instances is not possible.

That's why they planning to make other server near end of the year, with more hardcore landscape (or instances, we don't know yet) where mobs get buffs from Eye of Sauron.
    Which is cool, but it still doesn't make sense on a capped level 50 server to not fix balance issues for the instances and landscape.

Oh but it did change, many times in fact. All content drops on the LS had balance to instances and raids, BUT it wasn't enough. As an example, Turtle raid morale was buffed by 3x at least. You speak as if buffing mobs inside instances is not possible.
    Same happens with all mobs. DN bosses, Orthank bosses, Erebor... dancing around buffs from everyone possible, they always working on it. Brining back exact same date base what we have in 2007-2008 with exact same mechanics - not possible.

They WILL need to announce the duration of the event for me to buy into it. If the whole thing is not longer than a month, then no ty. Don't troll people, please.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Added a general debuff to players above level 10 to slow the pace of combat somewhat (this disappears inside instances).
    Nice that you added the debuff to all players.
    It is -30% damage and -30% heal

Please, let the debuff remain in instances as well. As you already know, Angmar instances are too easy anyway.

The question I have is that if the entire thing is PvP, what measures are in place to stop people just attacking a lowbie player? Being a level 10 who's JUST been able to take the quest isn't going to be fun if you turn around and find a level 50 behind you ready to smite you.

I'd also like to know how long this is going to be in place for, and I can see that I'm not the only one. I don't level particularly quickly, so there's not a lot of point for me if it's only going to be around for a couple of months. Then again, if it's around a long time, there's not going to be incentive for new people to join because they won't stand a chance. :P

Is anything being done to address likely login issues? I remember when the leg servers went up, you couldn't get in even as VIP because the login queue blocked you out.
    === All spellng mistakes in the above are intentional, and are provided for your amusement. ===

Added a general debuff to players above level 10 to slow the pace of combat somewhat (this disappears inside instances).
    Nice that you added the debuff to all players.
    It is -30% damage and -30% heal

Please, let the debuff remain in instances as well. As you already know, Angmar instances are too easy anyway.
    They could make it -80% damage and -80% heal and it wouldn't make the slightest difference in terms of difficulty. Would just take longer.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

• Added a general debuff to players above level 10 to slow the pace of combat somewhat (this disappears inside instances).

This is what I don't get. Do people actually enjoy landscape combat in this game? Personally I hate it. Having to press 65 buttons to fight one on level mob is just ridiculous to me. I want to relax and enjoy myself when questing but the combat in this game is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    They could make it -80% damage and -80% heal and it wouldn't make the slightest difference in terms of difficulty. Would just take longer.
    Yeah you are right.. better that they specifically buff those instances.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBrickRoad View Post

This is what I don't get. Do people actually enjoy landscape combat in this game? Personally I hate it. Having to press 65 buttons to fight one on level mob is just ridiculous to me. I want to relax and enjoy myself when questing but the combat in this game is just asinine.
    Are you joking me? Even with this debuff, i do 3 skills on level 50 mobs and they are dead. Yes it takes a few more skills at low level depending on class, tactical master is very low in the beginning. But once you get a few gear pieces, mobs die extreemly fast in, even with this debuff. As I said, i 3 shot level 50 mobs currently as a captain. Mobs needs to be slightly stronger, but at the same time they need to deal more damage for it to be a threat.

And why do you hate landscape combat? Can you please explain what class you play that u need to even use 10 skills to kill a mob, that sounds ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyEaredBowTwanger View Post
    The question I have is that if the entire thing is PvP, what measures are in place to stop people just attacking a lowbie player? Being a level 10 who's JUST been able to take the quest isn't going to be fun if you turn around and find a level 50 behind you ready to smite you.

I'd also like to know how long this is going to be in place for, and I can see that I'm not the only one. I don't level particularly quickly, so there's not a lot of point for me if it's only going to be around for a couple of months. Then again, if it's around a long time, there's not going to be incentive for new people to join because they won't stand a chance. :P

Is anything being done to address likely login issues? I remember when the leg servers went up, you couldn't get in even as VIP because the login queue blocked you out.
    You cant attack anyone that is 10 levels below you.

Well, the game is 13 years old. It's old-school tab targeting. I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Being able to execute a proper rotation and actually having to think is what makes the leveling experience more engaging. It helps you to actually learn and understand your class. Just running around from A to B on auto pilot, being totally brain afk while oneshotting the entire landscape is not relaxing - it's boring and mundane. That is more ridiculous to me. Makes more sense on the live servers, but not on this one.

Are you joking me? Even with this debuff, i do 3 skills on level 50 mobs and they are dead. Yes it takes a few more skills at low level depending on class, tactical master is very low in the beginning. But once you get a few gear pieces, mobs die extreemly fast in, even with this debuff. As I said, i 3 shot level 50 mobs currently as a captain. Mobs needs to be slightly stronger, but at the same time they need to deal more damage for it to be a threat.

And why do you hate landscape combat? Can you please explain what class you play that u need to even use 10 skills to kill a mob, that sounds ridiculous.
    Thanks for the typical "Get gud scrub" response. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenirion View Post
    Well, the game is 13 years old. It's old-school tab targeting. I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Being able to execute a proper rotation and actually having to think is what makes the leveling experience more engaging. It helps you to actually learn and understand your class. Just running around from A to B on auto pilot, being totally brain afk while oneshotting the entire landscape is not relaxing - it's boring and mundane. That is more ridiculous to me. Makes more sense on the live servers, but not on this one.
    I guess we all find different things enjoyable. I like to play the story. That's what I find engaging. Having to spend a majority of my time remembering my key combos, keeping health up, being careful not to agro more then one mob at a time, and then if I do having to have a whole different set of combos for landscape mobs is just tedious. I understand having to learn your class enough to play through content. Especially if you run instances in group. But this game is too much.

Thanks for the typical "Get gud scrub" response. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

I guess we all find different things enjoyable. I like to play the story. That's what I find engaging. Having to spend a majority of my time remembering my key combos, keeping health up, being careful not to agro more then one mob at a time, and then if I do having to have a whole different set of combos for landscape mobs is just tedious. I understand having to learn your class enough to play through content. Especially if you run instances in group. But this game is too much.
    Let's just agree to disagree. Landscape content is so dumbed down these days, that you're able to auto-attack on level mobs to death. You can literally go AFK and come back without dying. Can't get much easier than that, I'm sorry. Not sure what you mean by "this game is too much".

LOTRO has quite a diversity of players. The new PvP server is not going to be appealing to you at all. But luckily, you can continue to enjoy the game on live or legendary.

Since this BR thread is about the new PvP server, it's probably best for you not to comment, since it has nothing to do with you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast