We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need some advice/help/faith... All xD

hi community!! good afternoon. Sorry if this thread bothers you, or its more more of the same but, i didint really found a good updated guide, to see how i can manage my starting beorning.

actually im lvl 28, gladden sv, whitout finding the playstyle to like beorning. Some people told me blue line its the way, other yellow, other red, others that red its broken (in a bad way), etc... i dont really know what is the real and actual place of beorning. Do damage? (maybe i think no), tank? healing?

can you help me to see the optimal job of this class?

i like the idea of a suvavility class, but i like to do damage too and dont have problems in that way. i play solo most of the time, to not say all the time

thanks to all!!!

Bears are exceptional tanks and healers. Damage is pretty lackluster but that imo is not the focus of this class, however that doesn't mean you cant do damage. Red has quite a bit of bleeds built into it but I feel is better suited for a single target. I personally prefer blue line to make huge aoe pulls though. Over all I really enjoy healing on the bear due to the survivability you bring into the group coupled with aoe healing

At 130, Beornings are great healers, good tanks, average damage dealers.

You're only level 28 and play solo mostly, so just go Red. Worry about what role is optimal when you're much closer to level cap.

Agree with the other posters that at Level 28 you can solo in Red because the mobs aren't going to hit you that hard. Around Level 32 to 35 you should think about making a dedicated build in Yellow for some of the harder content, like the Garth Agarwen instances {Arboretum, Barrows, Fortress} and Fornost. Yellow hits harder than Blue, but not nearly as hard as Red. From 32 to 50 a Bear can heal through most damage the heavier mobs can throw at you, and you start picking up some nice crowd control/buff/debuff skills like Takedown, Shake Free, and Debilitating Bees. Moria is a good time to start practicing Blue line and you may find that Red turns into a glass cannon.

In terms of role and playstyle, again this changes as you pass through different levels. Below 50 the Beorning can be a terrific single target DPS class and limited AoE class (Relentless Maul is underrated for its damage output in lower levels). Once you get access to capstonen skills in Moria you can solidly play the role of main tank and main healer up to six man fellowship, but it will take practice and skill to be a Main and not an Off. If you stick to Yellow you can be a terrific off-tank and off-healer and ST DPS and CC/debuff all in the same build.

But to be honest, from Level 20 to Level 40 I struggled with having a clear delineated role as a Beorning. It gets much easier to be any of the three roles in the Holy Trinity once you have 35 to 40 trait points.
    Last edited by Galdhron; Aug 09 2020 at 10:11 PM.