We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Skip tutorial option

Hello everyone,
    I play lotro 10 years now, and to play the tutorial over and over again everytime I create a new character I find it quite.. boring to say the least.
    I recently found out there WAS an option in the character creation "Skip new user tutorial" but the interesting part is that the option wasn't showing all the time . Though I checked it, there was a notification saying that my character could not be created. And now, 1 month later I believe, there is no option at all.
    And I am wondering. Is or was it possible to skip the tutorial? If yes, what must I do?
    Thank you in advance!

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Karampinismik View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I play lotro 10 years now, and to play the tutorial over and over again everytime I create a new character I find it quite.. boring to say the least.
    I recently found out there WAS an option in the character creation "Skip new user tutorial" but the interesting part is that the option wasn't showing all the time . Though I checked it, there was a notification saying that my character could not be created. And now, 1 month later I believe, there is no option at all.
    And I am wondering. Is or was it possible to skip the tutorial? If yes, what must I do?
    Thank you in advance!
    The Skip Tutorial option should only be offered with the 4 original races: Race of Man, Hobbit, Dwarf and Elf.

Because the tutorial is mixed in with the introduction for Beorning, High Elf and Stout-axe, there is no Skip option for it.

There is a bug that the option to skip the tutorial is offered for these 3 races, however as you have discovered this does not work and if tried, will prevent the character from being created at all. This is being fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    The Skip Tutorial option should only be offered with the 4 original races: Race of Man, Hobbit, Dwarf and Elf.

Because the tutorial is mixed in with the introduction for Beorning, High Elf and Stout-axe, there is no Skip option for it.

There is a bug that the option to skip the tutorial is offered for these 3 races, however as you have discovered this does not work and if tried, will prevent the character from being created at all. This is being fixed in an upcoming patch.
    I think once you have played the tutorial for a race once, you should be granted the option to just skip it and enter your starting zone at level 5 with a basic set of armor.
    It's long overdue for this option to be built in by default.

Maybe an idea for a VIP perk?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I think once you have played the tutorial for a race once, you should be granted the option to just skip it and enter your starting zone at level 5 with a basic set of armor.

There is an item in the LOTRO store you can purchase to skip the intro and go directly to level 5. I think it was about 100 LP, last time I checked.

I completely agree. I understand the desire to give players a good introduction to a new race/class, but the option to skip should always be there. In comparison to the beorning intro, the high elf is ridiculously long with a lot of talking that you can't skip. I timed it last time I rolled a high elf and its over 20 minutes long. The story is intricate, and a nice explanation/set up for the lore of the HE but it should 100% have a bypass/condensed option. I often recommend against HE to new players for this very reason, unless its something they think they wouldn't mind.

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality

No, the tutorial skip option is definitely gone at the moment. I thought the same as the OP, having made a few new characters recently. I wanted to skip the tutorial but couldn’t. One was a stout axe and one a bear, and so I thought OK, only the original races. But last night I made a man captain just to see ... and again, no skip tutorial option was present. This used to be there but it isn’t now for some reason. Could it be a side-effect of the free period maybe?
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Jun 02 2020 at 02:19 AM.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

For 100 Lotro Points you can purchase a "Veteran Status" for your newly created character. This allows you to skip the starter instance and the starter zone (Archet or Thorin's Hall) entirely.
    For Beornings, this is your answer to skip the tutorial... However you really don't have to, the starter instance takes 10 minutes and gets you straight to level 5.
    It's handy for the other races and most certainly Stout Axe as it has the longest starter instance.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    For 100 Lotro Points you can purchase a "Veteran Status" for your newly created character. This allows you to skip the starter instance and the starter zone (Archet or Thorin's Hall) entirely.
    For Beornings, this is your answer to skip the tutorial... However you really don't have to, the starter instance takes 10 minutes and gets you straight to level 5.
    It's handy for the other races and most certainly Stout Axe as it has the longest starter instance.
    I always use it. Every one of my alts gets it. I just don't have any patience for the tutorial.

Thank you for your answer, though, might I add that this occured while playing the original races. Is the skip option down for all the races?

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Karampinismik View Post
    Thank you for your answer, though, might I add that this occured while playing the original races. Is the skip option down for all the races?
    The rules for the Skip Tutorial option are:
    • Must be Premium or VIP
    • Have at least one other character on the server that has completed the Introduction.

So you cannot be Free-to-Play, and need at least one character that has completed one of the following:
    • Race of Man - has reached Burned down Archet
    • Hobbit - has reached Little Delving
    • Dwarf - has reached Thorin's Gate after escaping Skorgrim's Tomb
    • Elf - has reached Celondim

If you are seeing behaviour other than this, please file a bug report. I am looking into it, but details of incorrect behaviour would be helpful.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I've done countless introductions that I don't want to do them any more but I am not going to pay 100 LP to skip them.
    Having to pay 100 LP to skip something that you have done at least 100 times is just insane.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    There is an item in the LOTRO store you can purchase to skip the intro and go directly to level 5. I think it was about 100 LP, last time I checked.
    Yes, and I do this from time to time..... but I shouldn't have to purchase it every time I make an alt.

I understand that free players don't get this option, it would be too easy to create spam accounts/troll accounts and abuse /world chat, but it should be a VIP perk to just checkmark when you create a character. You have the "skip tutorial" checkmark, and it should also get a "skip intro" checkmark if you have already done it once.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, and I do this from time to time..... but I shouldn't have to purchase it every time I make an alt.

I understand that free players don't get this option, it would be too easy to create spam accounts/troll accounts and abuse /world chat, but it should be a VIP perk to just checkmark when you create a character. You have the "skip tutorial" checkmark, and it should also get a "skip intro" checkmark if you have already done it once.
    You can't spam world chat as f2p until you reach lvl 20. I've often taken on major personal game challenges with rerolls and been stymied in efforts to garner the deserved adoration of World Chat due to the inability to tell them how Great my achievements.

Reminds me of the "player's fault" narrative of the level 5 VIP burglar gold spam and denials of a code backdoor into Lotro, data breach aside.

The skip tutorial option is just a metaphor for the skip game option provided by valars that drives the inept into the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I've done countless introductions that I don't want to do them any more but I am not going to pay 100 LP to skip them.
    Having to pay 100 LP to skip something that you have done at least 100 times is just insane.
    It's a level skip option, akin to Valars. Should Valars also be free for players with existing level-cap characters?

Maybe so, but the exigencies of running a for-profit business enterprise dictate otherwise. Call your Congressman and lobby for a government takeover of SSG.

One reason skipping the intro can't be free is LP farming.

If it were free, people would be able to create a new character, login, join a fellowship with a high-level character, and immediately farm slayer deeds, etc. The fact that it costs 100 LP to skip the tutorial makes this idea less profitable.

This is how I feel about it as well. I would be willing to buy an account-wide upgrade that made it so that all future characters could skip the newbie area and start at level 5 in the main game world, but I'm not willing to pay 100 LP for each and every one of them. This is an account-wide upgrade that is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    It's a level skip option, akin to Valars. Should Valars also be free for players with existing level-cap characters?

Maybe so, but the exigencies of running a for-profit business enterprise dictate otherwise. Call your Congressman and lobby for a government takeover of SSG.
    I'd be perfectly happy to start in the main game world at level 1 with no equipment. The problem is being locked in that newbie area.

Quote Originally Posted by erethi View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy to start in the main game world at level 1 with no equipment. The problem is being locked in that newbie area.
    That would still allow immediate LP farming, without the 30-minutes of effort to go through the intro.

Bringing this live again because I just created a dwarf, saw there was a skip option, chose it, then created the character. It created as level 1 in the tutorial area. So much for the option.

Are they planning on fixing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    Bringing this live again because I just created a dwarf, saw there was a skip option, chose it, then created the character. It created as level 1 in the tutorial area. So much for the option.

Are they planning on fixing this?
    You skip first part of tutorial (where you learn how use WASD to move and other basic things)

SSG should offer the option to skip everything and start at Archet, Celondim, Michel Delving and Thorin's Gate at level 1.
    And I do not mean by purchasing veteran status from the store for LP.

Yes, I know that everything will be orange or red but there are also plenty of quests that do not involve combat.
    You can also craft your way up to a desired level (crafting exp is something I don't agree with)

Also, if you don't want the challenge then you can always choose to play out the intro area.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You skip first part of tutorial (where you learn how use WASD to move and other basic things)
    I haven't seen that in years, without there being as button. The obviousness of the new button should be to skip that entire instance and start in Thorin's/Archet. It's very confusing. Sadly, that's not a surprise.

SSG should offer the option to skip everything and start at Archet, Celondim, Michel Delving and Thorin's Gate at level 1.
    And I do not mean by purchasing veteran status from the store for LP.
    This is the part that I don't understand.

You're playing a game for free (if you aren't a subscriber which the statement above tends to imply), and you demand that a service, for said game you are playing free, should also be free. Someone said above that it cost 100LP to bypass the intro as well as mention playing the game for 10 years. Just playing through the Bree completing deeds will get you more than 100LP. If you have played for 10 years, you should have 100LP. You should have way more than 100LP.

It's like going to a Starbucks, demanding free coffee, they give you a penny every time you get your free coffee, and then 10 years down the road getting upset that they ask you to pay 10 cents for creme to be added to your free coffee.

I totally get what it is like to not have the money to pay for something like this because I've been at rock bottom before. I know the feeling of having to deciding between putting gas in the car or buying food that week. But, this just feels like extreme entitlement.

The reality is, either spend the 10 minutes to play through the tutorial each time, or spend the 100LP to skip it. Honestly, people should be glad that SSG even gives you a way to EARN LP in game by simply playing the game that you are playing for free in the first place. They're literally bending over backwards to give you the option to enjoy their hard work for free.
    Pharone the Gnome
    Come watch me stream Lord of The Rings Online every night at https://twitch.tv/pharone
    Follow me on Twitter at @PharoneTheGnome
    Join my Discord server here.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pharone View Post
    They're literally bending over backwards to give you the option to enjoy their hard work for free.
    Literally? I'd like to see a photograph of that.

I find that tedious too.

After creating over 20 characters, I'd prefer to NOT play the intro AGAIN and AGAIN.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast