We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Loremaster Pet takes a break from fight

It happens VERY often, almost at every fight. lore-master pet (any) set to aggressive. in the middle of the fight stops fighting. This can be very critical in some fights, like in instances and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by atesz108 View Post
    It happens VERY often, almost at every fight. lore-master pet (any) set to aggressive. in the middle of the fight stops fighting. This can be very critical in some fights, like in instances and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Any chance you are activating a Crowd Control skill during your fight? Some would be delayed (such as Cracked Earth). Pets are programmed to stop attacking when a mob is rooted or dazed. Sometimes it's hard to fathom when in a fs situation, because other players will initiate those type states as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    Any chance you are activating a Crowd Control skill during your fight? Some would be delayed (such as Cracked Earth). Pets are programmed to stop attacking when a mob is rooted or dazed. Sometimes it's hard to fathom when in a fs situation, because other players will initiate those type states as well.
    It happens also at bosses that cant be under CC effects...

Well good morning there, Im saying this for months.
    Add this issue also to the LM bug list that apparently can tolerate everything.
    As long as the LM's community will keep sleeping on their noses and will do nothing about these we will need to adjust it also among all the other bugs/issues...
    There is a saying - anything that can be accepted as temporary can easily become permanent- and LM's are totally into that.

There has been many threads about the lore-master and issues with the class. Especially about the pets and the blue line lore-master. They all get ignored. Every class has had some decent updating ( good or bad ) in the past year or two except the lore-master class. The last time there was an update was when they needed to " fix " the loss of our 3 extra pet levels. Which ended up not being a fix but an old band-aid that fell off rather quickly. This class has all but been ignored since then. It appears that there is absolutely no one at SSG that plays this class or even cares about it and so they don't think about it and don't know how to fix it even though there has been many threads pointing out issues with it for a couple years now. And the fact we lost our 3 extra pet levels to begin with shows they don't even think about this class anymore. So you just live with it as is because there doesn't seem to be any updates coming any time soon. It seems the other classes are all more important.

I think the problem (or one of the problems) may be that even when the pet is set on aggressive, his aggro range is VERY short. If one mob dies, and there's another within maybe one virtual meter, my Lynx will turn and attack it. Otherwise, he comes running back to me. If I select a new target and hit "attack" again, then he'll attack again, but I have to be quick or he'll already be galloping back to me--and by the time he turns around to attack the next mob, it's dead already.

Nothing made by human beings is perfect, and that includes software.

Old joke, how old I'm not sure, but I encountered it in the early 1960s:

"I really hate this damn machine;
    I wish that they would sell it.
    It never does just what I mean,
    But only what I tell it."

Now, I can understand why the pet's aggro range is so short. I don't want him getting so far away I can't call him back within reasonable time.

My husband and I grind Pelargir a lot, and when the sub-quest about rescuing the trapped citizens (I'm blanking on its name, it's erarly in the morning here) comes up, that's my job, me and my Lynx. But before I rush to defend the citizens, I have to turn aggresson OFF, or else the Lynx will attack all those mobs that are coming out of the door about halfway, and he'll never make it to the citizens.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorben View Post
    It happens also at bosses that cant be under CC effects...
    Don't know if it matters to this, but even my Hunter will stop auto-attacking a CC-immune boss critter if I used Dazing Blow on it, and only start again after I manually press attack buttons.

I think that's because the enemy is stunned, dazed or feared, maybe?

My LM pet just sits there like a bump on a log when I press the attack button. All I get is "You command your pet to attack". That might not be the exact wording.

My pet won't do anything even if I spam attack.

I have to dismiss my pet and bring it back to get it to work.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    My LM pet just sits there like a bump on a log when I press the attack button. All I get is "You command your pet to attack". That might not be the exact wording.

My pet won't do anything even if I spam attack.

I have to dismiss my pet and bring it back to get it to work.
    Now, that I've never seen. Is it possible that you haven't targeted something before you hit attack? Or that another player or NPC has taken out the mob before you pet can move? That, I see all the time. I try to select a target, then hit attack and two or three other skills before the target's dead and the pet comes scampering back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Now, that I've never seen. Is it possible that you haven't targeted something before you hit attack? Or that another player or NPC has taken out the mob before you pet can move? That, I see all the time. I try to select a target, then hit attack and two or three other skills before the target's dead and the pet comes scampering back to me.
    I'll be by myself with only one mob in front of me. My pet will just stay where it is and not move no matter how many times I command it to attack. Sometimes I'll have an entire spam list of "You command your pet to attack"(that might not be the exact wording) because I've hit the command button a lot of times.

The only way I can get my pet to attack is to dismiss it and try again after calling it back.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I'll be by myself with only one mob in front of me. My pet will just stay where it is and not move no matter how many times I command it to attack. Sometimes I'll have an entire spam list of "You command your pet to attack"(that might not be the exact wording) because I've hit the command button a lot of times.

The only way I can get my pet to attack is to dismiss it and try again after calling it back.
    My goodness.

Other LMs, has anyone else had that happen?

It occurs to me to ask: what kind of pet(s) do you use? (All my LMs have the Onyx Lynx.)

I don't know whether putting in a /bug report would do any good or not. Some bugs are rare and seem to affect only one or very few players. I remember the "Wi flag" back in Asheron's Call, when one player's characters would be attacked by mobs much oftener than his fellows. Turbine investigated, and eventually figured out that it was related to the digits in the player's account number. And they fixed it, I think; this was back in the early 2000s. But Turbine had more staff then than SSG has now, alas.

My goodness.

For example, I Also noticed that my pet sometimes does not respond to commands. Lynx, by the way

Now, I can understand why the pet's aggro range is so short. I don't want him getting so far away I can't call him back within reasonable time.
    Aggro range was reduced few years ago to "fix" a problem where people used LM's for multi-box farming. So instead of fixing things properly they just crippled the LM capabilities which then consequently affected all the "good" people trying to play with their LM. I'd like to see aggro range returned to what it was.

There seems to be a pattern here where they make these changes where pet capabilities are gradually reduced and left as is without making a proper fix. E.g. losing the 3 levels in blue line is a perfect example of this pattern.

I loved my loremaster. Had huge fun for a few years playing in red line with lynx or swampy. But then came aggro range reduction. Pets started behave silly. Run to owner after each mob. Even in the middle of the fight, often pulling a horde of villains back to master. No matter that you ordered them to be agressive and attack. Thats annoying. Forced me to play blue line which is less fun and (at least for me) much slower. Without those bonus levels in blue pets became not much more then cosmetics pretending to fight. Loremaster is not fun anymore. Slow, weak with clamsy pet. Pulled my lore lady to level 125 but cant force myself to pull her to endgame. Its just not funny. Its boring and makes me tired and sleepy. So much for an awesome pet class. Will wait in my drawer for (hopefully) better days to come.
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealana View Post
    I loved my loremaster. Had huge fun for a few years playing in red line with lynx or swampy. But then came aggro range reduction. Pets started behave silly. Run to owner after each mob. Even in the middle of the fight, often pulling a horde of villains back to master. No matter that you ordered them to be agressive and attack. Thats annoying. Forced me to play blue line which is less fun and (at least for me) much slower. Without those bonus levels in blue pets became not much more then cosmetics pretending to fight. Loremaster is not fun anymore. Slow, weak with clamsy pet. Pulled my lore lady to level 125 but cant force myself to pull her to endgame. Its just not funny. Its boring and makes me tired and sleepy. So much for an awesome pet class. Will wait in my drawer for (hopefully) better days to come.
    Well, I have (I think) seven LMs, and they're all traited blue and partnered with an Onyx Lynx, in memory of my cat Sebastian, who was dark grey and, now you mention it, not very bright. And, yes, they don't aggress nearly as aggressively as I would like them to, but everything suffers from the efrfects of its qualities.

My main's Lynx is named Sebastian; another alt's Lynx is named Sable after another cat I had; and I have just adopted two little black kittens who are named after two more in-game Lynx, Stilfot and Misthlith (Old English, "silent foot" and "cover of mist" respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Forodir View Post
    Aggro range was reduced few years ago to "fix" a problem where people used LM's for multi-box farming. So instead of fixing things properly they just crippled the LM capabilities which then consequently affected all the "good" people trying to play with their LM. I'd like to see aggro range returned to what it was.
    THIS is just what I was going to say; I basically stopped using my LM for anything other than crafting shortly afterwards due to exactly this issue, the pet -ANY of them, would just go for a coffee break mid fight; they can be in aggressive mode and stood RIGHT NEXT TO YOU when you get attacked - and they wont do anything for 10-15 seconds.

ANd thios was before all the current skill lag issues.

My goodness.

It occurs to me to ask: what kind of pet(s) do you use? (All my LMs have the Onyx Lynx.)

I don't know whether putting in a /bug report would do any good or not. Some bugs are rare and seem to affect only one or very few players. I remember the "Wi flag" back in Asheron's Call, when one player's characters would be attacked by mobs much oftener than his fellows. Turbine investigated, and eventually figured out that it was related to the digits in the player's account number. And they fixed it, I think; this was back in the early 2000s. But Turbine had more staff then than SSG has now, alas.
    Hi! Like you, my primary pet is the Onyx Lynx.

Well, I have (I think) seven LMs, and they're all traited blue and partnered with an Onyx Lynx, in memory of my cat Sebastian, who was dark grey and, now you mention it, not very bright. And, yes, they don't aggress nearly as aggressively as I would like them to, but everything suffers from the efrfects of its qualities. My main's Lynx is named Sebastian; another alt's Lynx is named Sable after another cat I had; and I have just adopted two little black kittens who are named after two more in-game Lynx, Stilfot and Misthlith (Old English, "silent foot" and "cover of mist" respectively.
    Awww, *hugs*. I miss all of my passed babies so much...
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir