We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beorn nerf

Beorn nerf

Additionally, we have run a command on Bombadil that increases the cooldown of the Beorning healing skills Hearten and Compsure from 14 seconds to 20 seconds. Additionally, the number of healing pulses on each skill has been reduced from eight to four. This change will happen on the other live game worlds as well in a future patch.
    It seems to me that the SSG does not understand how much 130th level heal beorning is loosing in current situation. His basic heal is already lower them both the minstrel and the rk, if we look at t5 instances. Recent faith nerf reduces his crits by half. And now you are cutting the tiny HOT he has and one of his only 5 heals? Thank you so much!

It's a sorry day (c)
    F

Yeah that's a brute force way to fix an issue with lower level ranges if pve. Machete instead of a scalpel.

I'd rather see Vastin do the old "Improved XYZ" skill trick, making Hearten 4 pulse & 20s cd, and creating Improved Hearten as what Hearten currently is and available at lvl 76ish.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

This is a load of #### if I ever saw one. SSG.. wow way to #### on a class that you have to pay extra to play.

If they *really* feel it is overpowered, I can understand the cooldown nerf, but to also reduce the number of pulses by HALF is utterly ridiculous. After all those YEARS and YEARS of Beorning's being so terrible, they finally get a decent buff to bring them up to other classes capabilities, only to have this kind of #### ?

So live servers are now impacted by pvp. I was afraid this would happen. Changes to classes due to pvp need to stay on Bombadil.

also a nerf to wrath gen because of cd for those that dont have t2 set, so harder to heal and debuff effectively.

Just because something is overpowered at low levels there's no reason to nerf it for endgame. Especially not for some temporary PvP (deeding) server where kills dont even matter. PLEASE WAKE UP SSG

Also im kinda missing the feedback collecting from bullroarer before making changes, you just push stuff to live without listening to players that know endgame!
    Freep, Creep & Raider on multiple servers

Personally, I'd like to see every single Beorning rounded up (in chains) loaded onto a rocket and shot into the heart of the Sun. They just don't belong in Lord of the Rings, they are not needed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by SavileRow View Post
    They just don't belong in Lord of the Rings, they are not needed or wanted.
    Says someone with zero knowledge of the LOTRO universe, someone utterly depressed with the class(es) they have chosen to play and someone completely jealous that Beornings finally dont stink anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SavileRow View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see every single Beorning rounded up (in chains) loaded onto a rocket and shot into the heart of the Sun. They just don't belong in Lord of the Rings, they are not needed or wanted.
    Dang what happened to you? On behalf of all Beornings I’m sorry for whatever it was.

Additionally, we have run a command on Bombadil that increases the cooldown of the Beorning healing skills Hearten and Compsure from 14 seconds to 20 seconds. Additionally, the number of healing pulses on each skill has been reduced from eight to four. This change will happen on the other live game worlds as well in a future patch.
    (Red Tree DPS perspective)

Don't do it. I'm beginning to think that no one on that end understands what the word "priorities" means. The DPS version of a Beorning doesn't compete with any of the other dps classes, so your focus is to cut the self-heal (composure) more than in half. Instead of a below average dps character...you now have generated a below average dps character with lower survivability. Perhaps, when someone takes a few minutes to reference the word "priorities" they should, also, take a few moments to look up the word "balancing."

Back when Mordor was the end game you improved the dps on a Beorning moderately. It was a step in the right direction. However, since that time you have increased the dps on just about every other class, and as a result, the dps of a Beorning is right back where it was before. It is the same red-headed step child scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedol View Post
    It seems to me that the SSG does not understand how much 130th level heal beorning is loosing in current situation. His basic heal is already lower them both the minstrel and the rk, if we look at t5 instances. Recent faith nerf reduces his crits by half. And now you are cutting the tiny HOT he has and one of his only 5 heals? Thank you so much!
    Are you really going to destroy the healing output of endgame beornings because it's overpowered at low levels on some unpopular experimental server you set up as a beta test for a terrible idea that probably won't even make it to the main game?

I hope more people give feedback on this. It is a really terrible idea. The impact itself will be minimal for actual healing, but the wrath consumption is going to be mad frustrating for beorings without Remm raid set. This adjustment was made for healing impact, but seems there is a level of not realizing how critical this to wrath building. Hopefully they'll consider adding more wrath building to the skill and sticking to their intention of nerfing just the heal.
    Ishali - RK | Ishai - Champ | Ishaz - Warden | Ishah - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by lord1021 View Post
    I hope more people give feedback on this. It is a really terrible idea. The impact itself will be minimal for actual healing, but the wrath consumption is going to be mad frustrating for beorings without Remm raid set. This adjustment was made for healing impact, but seems there is a level of not realizing how critical this to wrath building. Hopefully they'll consider adding more wrath building to the skill and sticking to their intention of nerfing just the heal.
    They did the same thing with the recent burg nerf. Instead of nerfing the damage resistance provoke gives, they increased its cooldown by 2 seconds, which had the added effect of reducing dps and making the dps rotation clunkier. So little thought put into it.

As already said the most problem for healing beo will be not in healing drop, but in wrath generation drop - at least same as compare gameplay once you get Remmo healing set with gameplay without that set when in complicated fights you were running out of wrath if you were doing your job well on both area of responsibility - heals and debuff/buff

Most disappointing issue is that no one can see any real reason for such changes - same raid nerfs while the raid is not yet farmable and not available for all classes on higher tiers

If these changes happen tanking build with composure will be ruined also and maybe even beo as tank will disappear at all - no any great savers already and now no even low self heals, problems with wrath and because of this need of spending too much time in man form that for tanking beo is unacceptable
    Member of:
    Syndicate of the Silent Tower, Laurelin (Hunfrid, Steifan, Tunor, Yorgun)
    Company of the Tortoise, Laurelin (Hunfri, Eiken)
    Those Who Wander, Laurelin (Refkell)

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    also a nerf to wrath gen because of cd for those that dont have t2 set, so harder to heal and debuff effectively.
    There are more than enough wrath building skills, use slash more often, for it also gives us, beornings, a healing buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    There are more than enough wrath building skills, use slash more often, for it also gives us, beornings, a healing buff.
    The problem isn't getting enough wrath for heals, it's for the support skills like bees rending blow and vicious claws to increase dps, as well as levelling roar and grisly cry for cc support while having enough in a bear / man rotation for heals without running out.

The problem isn't getting enough wrath for heals, it's for the support skills like bees rending blow and vicious claws to increase dps, as well as levelling roar and grisly cry for cc support while having enough in a bear / man rotation for heals without running out.

Just depends on situation. that works well for 1/6 of the time.

Just depends on situation. that works well for 1/6 of the time.
    It really isn't that hard to regain wrath, at the current level cap we also have remmo set bonus that gives +10 wrath from every transformation, that makes things a lot easier.

While we are on this subject, I cannot find a statement from SSG that the wrath return from hearten/composure will be nerfed? I believe they have only confirmed, that healing pulses will be reduced and CD of the skill increased, which could mean that we would keep the same 8 seconds of wrath return and have 12sec CD before we can use the skill again. Bears have already got Rush that works this way if you trait for the stun in red line, the speed bonus can last at least twice longer than the proc for stun that if I remember correctly has to be consumed within 12sec.

It really isn't that hard to regain wrath, at the current level cap we also have remmo set bonus that gives +10 wrath from every transformation, that makes things a lot easier.

While we are on this subject, I cannot find a statement from SSG that the wrath return from hearten/composure will be nerfed? I believe they have only confirmed, that healing pulses will be reduced and CD of the skill increased, which could mean that we would keep the same 8 seconds of wrath return and have 12sec CD before we can use the skill again. Bears have already got Rush that works this way if you trait for the stun in red line, the speed bonus can last at least twice longer than the proc for stun that if I remember correctly has to be consumed within 12sec.
    if you have the t2 set i agree. my statement was regarding having enough wrath without the t2 set. if the cd is lengthened we have less wrath gen...

Zavad is offline Advocate of the Small Folk
    I started with a LM, and Turbine gutted the original design of the class as CC. I grabbed Warden, and Turbine gutted his ability to tank. I grabbed RK, and SSG gutted his damage output. I grabbed Beorning, and SSG gutted his heal. I want to know what class Developers are not going to destroy. I'm tired of trying to find a class that can just do its thing without being attacked by morons in developer land. I'm sick of SSG. Long live Middle Earth, but I wish the developer team would take a long and very extended break from screwing up classes.
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
    J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Zavad View Post
    I started with a LM, and Turbine gutted the original design of the class as CC. I grabbed Warden, and Turbine gutted his ability to tank. I grabbed RK, and SSG gutted his damage output. I grabbed Beorning, and SSG gutted his heal. I want to know what class Developers are not going to destroy. I'm tired of trying to find a class that can just do its thing without being attacked by morons in developer land. I'm sick of SSG. Long live Middle Earth, but I wish the developer team would take a long and very extended break from screwing up classes.
    What they did to Beorning isn't THAT drastic, however, it was:
    - A knee-jerk reaction to stuff happening on a temporary server
    - A knee-jerk reaction to stuff happening that is so far out of lore (free peoples fighting free peoples)
    - No thought towards how that skill is used to generate wrath (they could have made this change and kept it's level of wrath generation)
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Zavad is offline Advocate of the Small Folk
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    What they did to Beorning isn't THAT drastic, however, it was:
    - A knee-jerk reaction to stuff happening on a temporary server
    - A knee-jerk reaction to stuff happening that is so far out of lore (free peoples fighting free peoples)
    - No thought towards how that skill is used to generate wrath (they could have made this change and kept it's level of wrath generation)
    I'm simply tired of them hurting the characters that I invest time and capital into learning and developing. If I switch and make a commitment to even rolling a Captain, it won't be but awhile before they focus-fire on what I come to enjoy as its strengths. I just want to build a "vehicle" that will allow me to play through and enjoy Middle Earth. It shouldn't be such a big thing to expect. I wish the developers would leave well-enough alone for a bit.

*Edit: Two people I love dearly and whom I talked into playing LotRO have either quit totally or greatly curbed participation because of this type of thing. One was a very accomplished Guardian who was desired among the ranks of the raiders for whom they destroyed the class in favor of Warden. Then, he developed a burg which they also diminished, in large part by removing fellowship manouvers. He developed an RK -- they nerfed that, too.
    The other individual was one of the best Wardens the game has had; they removed "Waden" status and removed its viability as a tank in raiding. He still plays multiple roles, but rarely, and now focuses on just playing Diablo. The developers are death-dealers. Period.
    Last edited by Zavad; Jun 30 2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Additional Thoughts
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
    J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast