We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ideal rework of FoL (example):

Step 1 - Revert FoL to exactly as it was before U27, including target numbers. Just to reduce trouble and confusion.

Step 2 - Apply a ~ 30% dmg nerf to levels 1–40 (where it's the strongest), gradually weakening the nerf to just ~ 20% until level 45. Mobs between 40 and 45 jump somewhat quickly in morale.

Step 3 - Between levels 45–50, the nerf should be lessened to just ~ 15%, as low as ~ 5% around the upper level range. Mobs jump drastically in morale between these levels, so it's ideal to keep up the pace with the mark damage.

Step 4 - Between level 50 and 55, don't nerf the dmg at all from pre-U27 (so it should be doing around 1K dmg at these levels).

Step 5 - After level 55 until 60, FoL should be buffed instead of nerfed, by a moderate amount (~ 25%).

Step 6 - After level 61 (what I call the Mirkwood Threshold, the point from which all landscape mobs get insanely high mitigations), the damage of FoL should be buffed by a significant amount, ideally by ~ 100% (up to ~ 150% closer to endgame), so to make it scale upwards instead of downwards from Moria.

Guards could really use some love imo, not nerfs based on stupid PvP which the vast majority of the player base doesn't and refuses to participate in. As someone who mains an LM, I really do feel sorry for Guardians and their horrible DPS output in all trait lines. Seems like every class is versatile enough to do well in non-raid situations damage-wise, except Guardians.
    Ethrimund, Led the Charge at Sagroth
    Crickhollow

Wow, this thread got buried big time.

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallsae View Post
    And no, I will not stand for this thread to get buried! We need our voices heard!
    Yeah...good luck with that.

This thread is for one messed up ability. How about the main Guardian belt legacy that does nothing, literally nothing. Lots of frustration, complaints, suggested solutions, suggested stop-gap solutions. Note how long ago that topic's been collecting dust with no resolution, and that affects every Guardian level 50+.

I'll admit I didn't think LOTRO would be joining the "PvP balance destroying PvE" lineup of MMOs, but mechanically broken updates and utterly no engagement with the community? That's not par for the course, it IS the course.

I hope FoL gets updated with even bare minimal testing and thought put into it next time, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This is indeed the main problem atm, to most people it looks like devs are doing nothing cause they almost never communicate in these kind of threads but it also is the fact that people have been talking about certain guard issues for Years and nothing has been done about it. To then hear a couple years later that something is all of a sudden a problem and they never knew about it etc. Is just totally ridiculous, not even mentioning them just quickly throwing in a band aid fix that completely destroys the entire balance of it.

And it's not only communication cause it's just activity aswell that is going bad to begin with. It does not even look like they are reading any of the threads, atleast thats the case for guardians. Atleast i hope guardians will be getting their attention now with the upcoming guardian update but so far it looks very silent again on ssg's side about it. Communication is key for a good mmo. Guardians have not been looked at for years and have been totally ignored and forgotten.

Vastin finally came online today! Bumping this thread so he can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallsae View Post
    Vastin finally came online today! Bumping this thread so he can see it.
    pog

Quote Originally Posted by Forohir View Post
    I very much suspect there's a bug here.

The amount they reduced it by (roughly two thirds) is about the same as the potential +Light damage legacy can give when maxed out (+69%).

The problem is that that legacy is not working correctly.

According to the patch notes:
    Flash of Light has had its damage reduced. However, this ability will now properly benefit from added light damage bonuses from Legendary Items at higher levels.

Indeed the damage has been decreased. Whereas before the patch I was doing 10,081 to a given enemy, now I am doing 2,880 to that same enemy.

If I equip a belt with +42% Light damage, I do 3,084 -- an increase of around 7%, not 42%.

For that alleged "42%" to come out as instead "7%" means Flash of Light base damage is around 500 at level 130, and that some mysterious trait / stat is giving my Guardian +450% damage to it to bump it up to 2880, and then my +Light legacy is only applying 42% against that 500 base, to up my damage to 3084.

I think that's very unlikely. I think the intention here was that they reduced the base damage by 69% but then assumed the legacy would allow people to recover that 69% … except that's not how the math is working out.
    Can we please get this addressed? The +Light legacy essentially does nothing, and Flash of Light might as well not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Forohir View Post
    Can we please get this addressed? The +Light legacy essentially does nothing, and Flash of Light might as well not exist.
    +1 it has been completely gutted and thrown in the trash bin

So...are you gonna fix this or not?

I loved the recent Red Guardian dmg buff, but Yellow is still very much useless with the awful Flash of Light

11. Oct 06 2021, 06:32 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2